(based on 59 TruGreen Review Ratings)
in Germantown, TN

"I worked for TruGreen for nearly two years and during that time found the environment unsatisfactory and leadership directionless. This is very much a churn and burn company with many of the most employed job titles having triple digit turnover. New HR leadership came in and in the short time span of 9 months, 1 out 6 directors remain, and many of the new employees within HR have resigned. The new CHRO is bringing in their own crop of people who basically monitor and relay back to her things said and done. I witnessed first hand a Sr. Director bad mouthing a long tenured person in HR, who was then fired from the company. The culture here is toxic. It feels like this company values money much more than their employees."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Service Manager
in Gulfport, MS

"A better starting wage will help keep employees along with working one day a week to help with benefits during layoff will keep employees engaged with TruGreen year round."

Lawn Specialist
in Richardson, TX

"Just keep your employees' best interests in your mind!! And keep doing a great job."

General Manager
in Tampa, FL

"We need to continue to use technology to our advantage to provide world class customer service."

Average TruGreen Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
Sales Representative
in Morrow, GA

"Would like a little bit more communication on dates and times as well more definite hours schedule."

Field Sales Supervisor
in Saint Louis, MO

"When sales staff (local) is fully staffed back the call center down. It is silly to have us competing with people out of state. We work hard for our money."

Area Manager
in Pikesville, MD

"If you were hired into management and never worked in the field, handle your expectations of production vs. satisfied customers with care. It is easy to sacrifice quality for quantity. If you have worked in the field, remember what it was like to bust your butt and get as close to daily goal as possible only to get berated and put down about coming up short when you get back to the office."

Branch Sales Manager
in Hellertown, PA

"I think we should give associates a better work life balance, not so micro managing, and always look into more products to keep employees longer."

Lawn Technician
in Green Bay, WI

"Work on team building and focusing more on encouraging the associates that take on huge work loads. People like to feel appreciated."

Customer Service Representative
in Ravenswood, WV

"Keep up the hard work, keep communicating with us, we love all the recognition opportunities we have."

Lawn Care Specialist
in Gainesville, FL

"Try to give more opportunities to the lower employees so they can move up to start learning more about your company, maybe offer them schooling, show them how to be managers or crew leaders and what schooling to help them move up so that they could become the leaders for the crews that do the best, maybe offer them something that helps move up."

Lawn Care Technician
in San Antonio, TX

"Keep doing what you're doing. Working WITH you helps me achieve my goals. Not working AGAINST you. I love my job."

in Acworth, GA

"I've worked for TruGreen for about 3 years now. I started in sales and moved up to Branch Employment Coordinator. It is a great company to work for. My boss is great and we have a wonderful team environment! We have cookouts and get prizes! There are great benefits and the pay is good!"

in Virginia Beach, VA

"I worked for TruGreen for less than 1 year because I received a better job offer. The one thing I did like about the position was the cardio (lots of walking) and talking to new people everyday. On the downside, however, the pay is not worth what you do everyday and the communication between sales, techs, managers, and customers is horrible. There are several times you will be doing a lawn that is way under priced because the sales reps have to hit a quota. I would never work there again and hopefully this review helps you."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lawn Specialist
in Williamsburg, MI

"Good place to work, only problem is they don't pay very well to start."