(based on 59 Toshiba Review Ratings)
Director of Communications

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"I was able to perform some fulfilling work while employed at Toshiba America Medical Systems."

"Be wary. All is not as it seems. This company has lost its bearings and is struggling for stability."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"In the past year, the environment has turned hostile and timid. The physical environment has become very restrictive, with employees literally walled off from each other. Employees are turning on each other and the management has become too timid to be competitive."

"Take calculated risks and move into the 21st century with marketing techniques. Don't reward internal backstabbing and manipulation and get rid of employees who do it to get ahead."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 1.6 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.9 / 5
Toshiba Employee

"Failed opportunities, seek work elsewhere unless you are truly desperate and have no other alternatives. Senior management extremely weak"

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"My fellow workers and the ability to learn from others in the different departments in the office"

"If you are not a brown noser, you will fail with this organization and will soon be out of a job."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"Senior Management is incompetent. Particularly the current President and VP in the Florida/Georgia marketplace. These guys are so busy trying to pat each other on the back that they forget that we're there to make money for the company"

"Listen and don't just hear to what some of your employees are saying. Senior management is so busy trying to flex their muscles that they fail to see what's right in front of them. Very weak President and VP's (especially in the Florida and GA branches)"

Senior Analog Application Engineer

"Not a secure place to be, but good to learn new skills for a few years."

Senior Product Manager

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"Management wanted yes people, not people who could think and act on their own. They talked a great story about lowering decision making, but were not able to execute that strategy. Management did not fully support all strategic initiatives and reverted back to historical focus rather than looking at the changing market landscape."

"Stop trying to follow what the rest of the industry is doing and set your own course, then stick with it. Meld all of the products and services into a single, cohesive offering rather than a fractured, mish-mosh so that to the market, they all look to be part of a grand solution. Make a quota for the distribution channel based on corporate goals and give it teeth. Tie corporate goals to the field's compensation including solutions revenue, MPS contracts, etc."

Test Engineer

"Good company."

Technical Sales Manager

"This was a great company to work for, the folks at Toshiba are fantastic!"

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"Great people, great company, small, yet large company."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"Needed to get into software side of business, Toshiba is a hardware supplier."

Facilities Service Coordinator

"Nice place to work until someone stabs you in the back."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"I loved my job and some of the people I worked with."

"Be your self."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"I got laid off because someone in my department was threatened by me."

"Do not listen to employess when they gossip about other employees."

Network Solutions Consultant
in Cincinnati, OH

"If still in town, I would have NEVER left!"

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"They were the best in the industry; best training, equipment, solutions, and everyone else lived in our $50 Billion dollar shadow!"

"You must be a very aggresive rep!"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"They decided to shut down manufacturer direct sales. My job evaporated, and they are no longer a presence in Cincinnati, OH"

"None, they know exactly what they are doing."

Lead Person

"super place to work for."

"It was a great job."

"just be honest"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"I don't have anything bad to say about this company.It afforded me a great career."

Build and Release Engineer

"Good place to work."

Field Engineer

"If looking for another career opportunity management will say negative thing to keep you in place with toshiba"

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"opportunity to learn new products. No micro management, they treat you with kindness and respect. always given the opportunity to improve if your performance is meets requirements"

"Don't use toshiba as a reference, for the reasons expressed above"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"The idea that a manager will say bad things about you to prospective employers to keep you from advancing in your career, or leaving toshiba"

"Stop saying bad thing to prespective new employers of you employees be happy that they worked with you, and be happy if are able to move on"

Account Executive

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"The people and the environment"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"When I was hired on the training was pathetic. The lack of advancement oppt is a negative also."

"Apply the new training currently going on for all who are hired."

Consultant
in Tustin, CA

"Good company dependable, good benefits, and job security."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"I like the employees, benefits, employees work well team environment. Good benefits, job security."

"Be truthful about job experience, education, and dependable hard working, and conscientious."

"Long hours."

"You need to support the employees to give merit increases for dependable employees, and hard working employees."

Systems Administrator

"nice people"

Account Manager

"Amazing company! Amazing people."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"The culture. The people. The products. The team spirit. And direct middle management that worked so hard to coach, and motivate and succeed quarter after quarter, fiscal year after fiscal year! Matter of fact many of my former co-workers are still plugging away even after 20+ years!"

"Understand the differences between the Japanese way of life, culturally on how their work ethics are and what their expectations are for the US. Be aware of all the many facets of Toshiba! there are lots of divisions and products, so having a fresh awareness of their market and how you wish to participate in growing them is essential and of course key to your own success within. Other than that, express how much you can appreciate their brand presence, quality in design and manufacturing, and how you wish to expand their market share as an enthusiatic brand advocate!"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"I felt stagnant. I am still til this day close friends with my former employer, Cindy Pickens - who was such a great mentor, and professional career coach! She still is! The only problem was that I wanted more in my role; to expand in outside sales, with a larger territory - I was hungry for a greater challenge and at the time Toshiba was not able to shift me into such a role. So I had to, with great sadness in my heart, seek my career growth outside of Toshiba - which is how I landed my next endeavor with Aiwa America."

"I just wished there was a way the US allowed (or maybe it was the Japanese) to keep the Japanese executive management who's talent and geniune positive influence to be able to stay longer than 5yrs, here in the US, in their continued role. They kept rotating them in and out. Thus, I recall after seeing amazing divisional growth be a part of a Japanese/US GM success, it seemed like clockwork that they would have to move out of their roles and back to Japan! family and all! -- other than that, I understand that companies may not always have a clear growth path that fits my career objectives, but that the friendships that get built over the years is truly the greatest gift to walk away with. And please, even long after I have been gone, just sincerely take a moment and reward those who's dedication, even after 25yrs, is not taken for granted! Reward them w/the greatest Thank you! for two decades and a half of helping the company thru recessions, exponential growth, then economic downturns, and recession!I have many former co-workers that you forgot to reward that are now on the unemployment line. But Toshiba, I still love and think about you all the time! Just know I am excited to come back and share with you my greatest joy working for Cisco!!"