(based on 61 Toshiba Review Ratings)
Systems Administrator

"nice people"

Account Manager

"Amazing company! Amazing people."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"The culture. The people. The products. The team spirit. And direct middle management that worked so hard to coach, and motivate and succeed quarter after quarter, fiscal year after fiscal year! Matter of fact many of my former co-workers are still plugging away even after 20+ years!"

"Understand the differences between the Japanese way of life, culturally on how their work ethics are and what their expectations are for the US. Be aware of all the many facets of Toshiba! there are lots of divisions and products, so having a fresh awareness of their market and how you wish to participate in growing them is essential and of course key to your own success within. Other than that, express how much you can appreciate their brand presence, quality in design and manufacturing, and how you wish to expand their market share as an enthusiatic brand advocate!"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"I felt stagnant. I am still til this day close friends with my former employer, Cindy Pickens - who was such a great mentor, and professional career coach! She still is! The only problem was that I wanted more in my role; to expand in outside sales, with a larger territory - I was hungry for a greater challenge and at the time Toshiba was not able to shift me into such a role. So I had to, with great sadness in my heart, seek my career growth outside of Toshiba - which is how I landed my next endeavor with Aiwa America."

"I just wished there was a way the US allowed (or maybe it was the Japanese) to keep the Japanese executive management who's talent and geniune positive influence to be able to stay longer than 5yrs, here in the US, in their continued role. They kept rotating them in and out. Thus, I recall after seeing amazing divisional growth be a part of a Japanese/US GM success, it seemed like clockwork that they would have to move out of their roles and back to Japan! family and all! -- other than that, I understand that companies may not always have a clear growth path that fits my career objectives, but that the friendships that get built over the years is truly the greatest gift to walk away with. And please, even long after I have been gone, just sincerely take a moment and reward those who's dedication, even after 25yrs, is not taken for granted! Reward them w/the greatest Thank you! for two decades and a half of helping the company thru recessions, exponential growth, then economic downturns, and recession!I have many former co-workers that you forgot to reward that are now on the unemployment line. But Toshiba, I still love and think about you all the time! Just know I am excited to come back and share with you my greatest joy working for Cisco!!"

Senior Product Engineer

"Great place to work."

Director of Product Marketing

"A decent place--you won't retire a multi-millionaire, but it's a good company."

Engineering Manager
in Ontario, CA

"This is a traveling job"

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"I travel 100% of the time and am allowed the freedom to conduct myself as I see fit, which with my strong work ethic is great for me."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"All major decisions come from Japan with litle or no imput from those of us here in the US."

"Give the US manages a chance to show we know what we are doing and can make good decisions."

Marketing Manager

"Best job I ever had."

"Challenging, never dull."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"B2B space had weak sales."

"Concenstrate on B2C market."

Regional Director of Sales
in Boston, MA

"Toshiba is a very professional company and good place to work, but they are challenged in the B2B market at this time."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"high quality people, products, ethics"

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"they were not in tune with the market and were challenged by the major competitors"

"Decide which competitors strategy you think is best for you, then go for it 100%. You must get volume up or become irrelevant"

Senior Administrative Assistant
in Tustin, CA

"Good place to work."

Major Account Representative

"Toshiba has a questionable future in this market place."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"Assisting my clients in resolving their document management challenges."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"Mis-management and lack of support."

"Focus on improving the work flow process."

Senior Marketing Analyst

"Good and down to the point."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"Very dinamic and high tech setting. Promot growth and personal advacements."

"No job security."

"Changes as needed and look closely to forecast and budgets."

Plant Safety Manager

"My boss"

"Unsecure"

Major Account Manager
in Oxford, CT

"honest"

"don't."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"in over 25 years of working in the IT industry I can safely say that the Upper Management of the Toshiba Computer group was the most dysfunctional group I have ever seen or worked with. They had no clue on what they were doing. They thought they could compete in corporate America against the likes of IBM, HP and Dell selling a me too laptop."

Area Sales Manager
in Portland, OR

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"Travel - I enjoyed visiting clients throughout the west."

"Great company to work with - although they change their sales strategies frequently."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"Weekly fire drills. Japanese management would require specialty repporting due the same day on Friday afternoon."

"Figure out reporting and stick to a format."

Software Consultant

"I worked as a consultant at Toshiba. The project was very successful and it was a very professional work environment."

What do you like about working at Toshiba?

"I was able to work on new and innovative solutions to many different areas of IT such as manufacturing shopfloor processes, financial forecasting, and primary data integration to their corporate web site."

"Be on top of your technical skills and approach to IT projects."

What don't you like about working at Toshiba?

"I was a contractor/consultant and once the project was completed, I had to move on to my next assignment."

"For a company of this size I believe that did an excellent job of communication between levels of management, at least at the levels I was envolved with. As many of my previous clients I witnessed many different management styles and I was able to pick and choose different approaches to hone my own management style."

Senior Service Engineer