On average, employees at Staples give their company a 3.5 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Staples employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Sales Managers with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 197 Staples Review Ratings)
"Staples provided a good environment to grow as a young professional, and gave me the tools needed to really develop my current skillset and grow new talents. Management had a strong focus on their current employees, but would often times favor other employees based on geographical location. Overall, a good workplace, great co-workers, and good compensation. Major con would be one of my direct supervisors being a bit more of a party goer than I was, which would cause issues when I didn't want to go out to bars after a long work-day (this was frowned upon in the high-pressure sales environment)."
Posted 6 years ago in Framingham, MA
Salesforce Developer
in Framingham, MA

"The people are what make Staples a good place to work. All my colleagues were professional, nice, and goal-oriented. It was a pleasure to go to work and interact with these people every day. The work was interesting, and everyone was focused on success. It wasn't perfect, but it was a great place to work."

Product Manager
in Framingham, MA

"Staples is a great place to work. It has a great work/life balance and allows you to have an opinion and to constructively challenge a decision that you do not believe in. They also allow you to be an innovator and to work on stretch assignments to grow as a person and an employee. I also liked traveling for my role."

Staples (316)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Marketing Associate
in Cary, NC

"Great company for anyone looking to dedicate themselves to move up the chain for a management position."

Staples Employee

"I had a great boss while working for Staples. I learned a lot while I was there. From managing my pipeline. Meeting with clients, and cold calling I learned a lot."

Average Staples Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
in Aurora, CO

"I worked at staples for 7 months. Excellent company to be a part of and grow with. Exceptional colleagues and an even better training program to make sure you get to where you need to be to be successful."

Assistant Store Manager
in Charleston, WV

"I've worked for Staples for six months and counting. I enjoy the team atmosphere and competition. The company does an amazing job of training its employees on policies, procedures, and compliance methods. There are growth opportunities within the company and Staples will teach you how to have a competitive edge when it comes to selling."

Principal Software Engineer
in Framingham, MA

"Staples is a great company for work life balance plus use latest good technologies for IT folks"

in Framingham, MA

"Engineering has good leadership and an exciting roadmap. Would recommend to anyone who wants to work on something impactful and at the forefront of technology."

Sales Associate
in Mansfield, MA

"Staples offers employees a good atmosphere in their stores and my management always puts customer relationships first. There’s plenty of opportunity for growth within the organization, and that’s evident in almost every corporate position I’ve interviewed for, and every corporate employee I’ve spoken to. Staples are making appropriate moves in this time for retail, pivoting to their Staples Connect model, offering more modern solutions to concepts like co-working, podcasting, etc and I truly appreciate that as an employee."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in San Mateo, CA

"Staples is a good company to learn and grow."

in Framingham, MA

"It is a good company if you are into Retail or interested to move into Retail. Overall company culture is good and compensation is good compared to industry standards in and around Boston."

Data Scientist
in Framingham, MA

"it's a great place to work for"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Bristol, PA

"Company with a lot of moving parts and changes taking place. High levels of activity are needed to keep the funnel growing and an adaptive attitude toward change will go a long way here. Lots of new employees since the merger can cause some learning curve issues and constant follow ups on tasks not necessarily owned by the sales team."

in Ontario, OR

"Working for staples has been amazing! They understand what work life balance means and there is plenty of room to grow!"

Pricing Data Analyst Co-op
in Framingham, MA

"It was a great experience"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5