(based on 28 Spirit Aerosystems Review Ratings)
in Wichita, KS

"Great company to work for and they take care of their employees"

Regional QA Inspector
in Wichita, KS

"I have worked at many various jobs throughout Spirit aerosystems over the last 6 years. Some of the pros I would say about this company would be decent pay for some of the jobs that require unskilled labor however many of the skilled labor jobs do not pay as well as it would elsewhere. Under usual circumstances you are less likely to get laid off compared to other aircraft companies I have worked for lately these are not usual circumstances so understandably it's been hitting a little bit harder. I would like to see Spirit expanded portfolio like they have been doing lately to include more companies that they build parts for whether it's aircraft or Automotive or anything else. The health benefits are why I came to Spirit as far as the insurance however in the next few years they may do away with that. For the hourly they do have a 401k that does not match. However currently they do have a pension that you are fully vested in has five years of service which is great. Depending on the job or area you are in you can have a decent way of making a living. However there is no incentive to make yourself any better for the company's sake. As an example if you start there with no degree and then go out and earn a degree you will get no more pay if you are lucky you might get an interview to the job you got your degree in. However if you use them in order to get a degree to make yourself better you are in the words of even people from HR I've talked to "better off finding a different company and then hoping you can come back to Spirit if that's where you want to work" needless to say it's not the best place I worked but it's also not the worst by any stretch of the imagination. I would say I do over all enjoy working there but I feel like if I'm going to make it anywhere else with my Knowledge and Skills I will have to leave the company. However it would be a great place to retire from eventually"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Spirit Aerosystems (28)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AgustaWestland (11)
NDT Inspector
in Wichita, KS

"I've worked for Spirit Aerosystems for 7 years. During my tenure I've had some excellent supervisors who motivate and want their employees to succeed; however, my current management team is not like this. Spirit has afforded me the opportunity to expand my experience, but with the downturn in the commercial aircraft industry I feel now is the time to change directions."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Wichita, KS

"I worked for Spirit Aerosystems for 3 months, before I got laid off. The training was good, I learned a lot for the short time I was there."

Average Spirit Aerosystems Ratings in the Past 2 Years

in Wichita, KS

"I worked for Spirit for 3 years. I built a lot of good relationships while being there."

in Wichita, KS

"Worked with Spirit for about 8 years. Fast paced environment with a lot of challenges. Not very rewarding on the assembly management side, and the room for advancement is minimal as well."

in Wichita, KS

"I worked for SpiritAero, Inc. The money and benefits were good. I worked a lot of overtime."

in Wichita, KS

"I’ve worked at Spirit Aerosystems for over 15 years and found the atmosphere very intense with a high focus on quality and safety."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Wichita, KS

"too many ups and downs in the market-leading to either extensive overtime or layoff threats"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Wichita, KS

"Outstanding company to work for with a caring mindset for both employee and families"

in Wichita, KS

"I've worked at Spirit Aerosystems for over 5 years. The company has a hard working culture, and a very strong engineering team. Spirit employs roughly 12,000 people in Wichita, KS, and has locations across the globe. Spirit manufactures large aerostructures for companies such as Boeing and Airbus."

in Wichita, KS

"Good company to work for. Has a lot of good legacy ethics left from the Boeing days. I think the 737MAX troubles will go on longer than they are preparing for, and Spirit will have a hard few years ahead. (Jan 2020)"

in Wichita, KS

"If you enjoy working 40+ hours with moderate to high stress in an aged facility this place is for you. Benefits and pay are pretty good but work/life balance can be a struggle, especially if you desire to move up the corporate ladder. For my department, on-boarding and education are not standardized so you have to hope that your coworker that trains you gives you correct information. Also, the departments in charge of giving you a computer, monitor, and system accesses are slow to act and don't always do the best job."

in Wichita, KS

"A decent company to work for but there are union rules and regulations you have to abide by."

in Wichita, KS

"na na ananna anna na a nnannannananna"