(based on 86 Sony Review Ratings)
"I've worked in SONY & SVA Electronics Co., Ltd. This company locates in Shanghai, China. It's the best and the largest plant that Sony invested in China for producing digital video camera, film camera, network conference system and surveillance camera. Chasing the highest quality is the only goal of the company. Good environment, culture and strict managing style and structure. Providing stable promoting opportunities."
Posted 5 years ago in China, ME
in Paramus, NJ

"Sony was a very good company to work for, as I initially had 18 facilities on the east cost that were my responsibility. I had a very professional and effective group of people in my department, but unfortunately I had to release them in the last 2 years because we systematically had to close all but one location (Paramus)."

Quality Control Engineer
in Marina del Rey, CA

"I have worked for Sony for 4 years now, and it's been a huge learning experience for me. There is nowhere to move up within this company. Too much corporate politics, too many departments, too many people doing the same job."

Sony (164)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
Sony Employee

"Sony was a great company 10 years ago, but due to inability to change and become agile, they have lost their leadership in most consumer and professional products. Japan management is unwilling to allow other countries to lead or excel in product development."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sony Employee

"Too many job cuts, not enough people to perform the jobs. Bad decisions making the last 10 years by management."

Average Sony Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Sony Employee

"Good place to work. Can't complain."

Project Manager
in China, ME

Staff Electrical Engineer

"I have worked at Sony since 2001, I have seen the company in its peak of success and have seen it fall down to what it is today. I has hard working, capable people but top management direction is not adecuate. Innovation capability is reduced to a small group in Tokyo who does not completely understand the dynamics of US market."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Sony Employee

"Good company struggling to recover financially recently. With right product, focus, management and organization, the company has a good chance to recover."

Senior Service Planning Manager

"I've worked for Sony for many years and find that it is not an environment which encourages innovation or growth either personal or for the company and products. Working at Sony is all about toeing the line and executing within a very small, defined box."

in Villa Rica, GA

"I worked at Sony for a summer job and I loved the atmosphere and the people that I worked with the entire time."

HR Service Center Operations Lead

"I've worked at Sony for almost 10 years. While working here, we've experienced an annual lay off for the last 5 years. The electronics business is very difficult and although Sony tries very hard to compete, they are just not making the core products consumers what to purchase. Add to this a top heavy management organizational structure and a higher than average product return rate."

Advertising and Promotions Manager
in Mexico, MO

"The best experience I ever had in an labor environment, such a great time and a lot of learning. I have no doubt that Sony has been a great influence on my professional career."

Senior .NET Developer
in Encino, CA
Assistant Store Manager

"Sony is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. It has been a huge stepping stone in my career. I would recommend as a profession indefinitely."

Technical Manager

"Sony is a great company to work for! Currently, Sony is going through many changes internally, causing some slightly negative emotion about Sony. I think these changes are necessary and it will improve Sony's organizational structure as well as product portfolio. I think once Sony realigns itself, it will again be the top branding company because it has both great ideas and hard working intelligent employees. I am very lucky to be a Sony team member."