(based on 97 Sony Review Ratings)

"I've worked in SONY & SVA Electronics Co., Ltd. This company locates in Shanghai, China. It's the best and the largest plant that Sony invested in China for producing digital video camera, film camera, network conference system and surveillance camera. Chasing the highest quality is the only goal of the company. Good environment, culture and strict managing style and structure. Providing stable promoting opportunities."
Posted 7 years ago in China, ME
Sony Employee

"Good place to work. Can't complain."

Project Manager
in China, ME

Staff Electrical Engineer

"I have worked at Sony since 2001, I have seen the company in its peak of success and have seen it fall down to what it is today. I has hard working, capable people but top management direction is not adecuate. Innovation capability is reduced to a small group in Tokyo who does not completely understand the dynamics of US market."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Sony Employee

"Good company struggling to recover financially recently. With right product, focus, management and organization, the company has a good chance to recover."

Senior Service Planning Manager

"I've worked for Sony for many years and find that it is not an environment which encourages innovation or growth either personal or for the company and products. Working at Sony is all about toeing the line and executing within a very small, defined box."

in Villa Rica, GA

"I worked at Sony for a summer job and I loved the atmosphere and the people that I worked with the entire time."

HR Service Center Operations Lead

"I've worked at Sony for almost 10 years. While working here, we've experienced an annual lay off for the last 5 years. The electronics business is very difficult and although Sony tries very hard to compete, they are just not making the core products consumers what to purchase. Add to this a top heavy management organizational structure and a higher than average product return rate."

Advertising and Promotions Manager
in Mexico, MO

"The best experience I ever had in an labor environment, such a great time and a lot of learning. I have no doubt that Sony has been a great influence on my professional career."

Senior .NET Developer
in Encino, CA
Assistant Store Manager

"Sony is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. It has been a huge stepping stone in my career. I would recommend as a profession indefinitely."

Technical Manager

"Sony is a great company to work for! Currently, Sony is going through many changes internally, causing some slightly negative emotion about Sony. I think these changes are necessary and it will improve Sony's organizational structure as well as product portfolio. I think once Sony realigns itself, it will again be the top branding company because it has both great ideas and hard working intelligent employees. I am very lucky to be a Sony team member."

Security Risk Analyst

"I would not recommend working in the Risk & Contingency Management department or in the Vulnerability Management Department. I would recommend working for any of the other departments."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Stuttgart, AR

"I think that Sony Detuschland GmbH is one of the best Companies for researchers."

in Fort Myers, FL

"I worked for Sony for seven years. The environment is casual and friendly, and the work is interesting. But, many frustrations abound, from limitations put in place by the IT department, which seems to control everything, to politics played by other managers. Overall, the stress level is low, except when new products launch and we have to scramble. The isolation of different departments and the hoarding of information makes it difficult to get work done."

Sony Employee

"I worked at Sony Electronics for over 10 years and really enjoyed the work, my boss, and coworkers. However, Sony is a big company and is very slow to acknowledge problems and change. This has causes global financial problems throughout the company and led to my group being closed in spite of our success record."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5