(based on 79 Sherwin-Williams Review Ratings)
in Cleveland, OH

"I've worked for this company since i graduated from college. I went through their management training program twice in two different departments within 3 years. I used to be an operations manager and an assistant manager. In both positions i always found it hard to develop myself because i did not have any support from my peers. During my training period with the company i was surrounded by great people who took upon themselves to make you grow at an extremely fast pace, proving all the support a trainee needed. once placed on the field, i found it hard to fit in. My new peers were more like a competition and the work environment was not professional at any point. My supervisor was almost never available and when he was, he was never supportive. For a company that encourages empowerment of employees, i never felt empowered to do my job and make decisions."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Lead Sales Associate
in Cape Coral, FL

"I worked for Sherwin-Williams for over five years, from 2015-2021. I had good working relationships with all of my co-workers, as well as the clientele. The store was relatively busy, which gave me good opportunities to learn the ins and the outs of the paint business. I found little prospect of positional growth in the company, however, so I departed, while maintaining a positive rapport with management."

Sherwin-Williams (120)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Xylem (10)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Orchard Supply Hardware (11)
Maintenance Manager
in Covington, GA

"I was with Sherwin for 6 years. It was a great company but my position as Project Manager was eliminated due to COVID-19"

Commercial Sales Representative
in Cleveland, OH

"I’ve worked for Sherwin-Williams for 16 years. Long standing company with good company match and benefits. Too much of a corporate culture and promotes from who you know, not how well you achieve sales numbers."

Sherwin-Williams Employee

"I worked at Sherwin-Williams CEP plant for little under a year. During my time there they seemed liked really cared about their employees by making sure everyone remained safe and informed. They also gave out a lot of overtime opportunities. However, the ability grow within the company was fairly low."

in Cleveland, OH

"Sherwin Williams is a large organization with plenty of need and opportunities in IT. The diversity of the headquarters is good compared to other companies in Cleveland, however there is still room for improvement. The culture of the business is can be a bit conservative and many employees have seemingly spent decades at the company."

Sales Associate
in Tucson, AZ

"I have worked for Sherwin-Williams for a little over a year and a half, and in two different states. I am a very dedicated worker and constantly display professionalism and positive reassurance to my coworkers, bosses, and customers. I have a very close relationship with my coworkers and manager; however, I believe that I could do more."

in Opelousas, LA

"If you are management they will quickly switch you to a salary exempt employee so that they can take real advantage of you without monetary compensation. They will be sure to only hire part-time workers to work for you so that they don’t have to pay out benefits and they can take the most from them without compensating them either. They will be sure they overload you and take advantage of you. Don’t do it. Don’t apply for anything within the company."

in Pelham, AL

"Sherwin Williams is a great company to work for if you can wade through all of the corporate nonsense. Promotions are given based on favoritism and not worthiness. But if you can make it through this then everything else is great!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Franklin, IN

"I have worked for Sherwin Williams since 2018. Since becoming an employee with this company, there has not been a single day that I have not felt welcome and valued. This is a great employer for employees of many different backgrounds. I would recommend them any day of the week."

in Columbus, OH

"Sherwin Williams is a strong company, though I thought it was time for a career change."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Marengo, IL

"I worked at the EPS location for this company. While the building seemed a bit dated, the people there were very helpful and enjoyable to be around. I had my own required work to do, but when that ran out it was almost fun to go and help my peers with their work. We would go to a local restaurant for lunch occasionally which was always nice. Overall, the people are laid back and very helpful, but the work can get mundane."

Colorist
in Grove City, OH

"You would think a fortune 500 company would be great to work for, but they don't take care of their employees. I will leave it at that"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Assistant Manager
in Marietta, GA

"Great company, they train well and help people move up"

Assistant Manager
in Macclenny, FL

"I've worked for Sherwin Williams since 2018 I've found it to be a strong company with good ethical values ?? and an emphasis on customer retention. The company employs around 500 people and has over 30 location in Florida"