(based on 165 SAIC Review Ratings)
"Although I did not work for SAIC long, I would recommend this company to anyone. It was the most fantastic internship I could have asked for. I was challenged to learn so many different things but at the same time was given the freedom to get projects and assignments done at my own pace and in my own ways. I finished all projects on time and even earlier and was always given the opportunity to do more. My co-workers were always helpful and taught me so much. Everyone was quite happy there."
Posted 6 years ago in Huntsville, AL
Environmental Specialist

"SAIC Environmental, no growth opportunity."

SAIC Employee

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"Considerate management here. Which is nice."

Acting Director

"Government contractor with pluses and minuses of government work."

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"I like their image, goals and direction portrayed on their website and internal information."

"Make certain you understand what they want you to do before accepting the job. A lack of clarity was probably the biggest hurdle for me."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"I worked in a small room with an office mate twice my age, and barely had any interaction with others. I had lunch alone everyday, and the 5 minutes I might have taken to talk to other employees, I was questioned why I wasn't working at my desk. I went above and beyond what was asked of me, and was then told my work was inadequate."

"I had three supervisors, all three of which weren't willing to say that they were my boss."

Person You Work For 3.8 / 5 People You Work With 1.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.1 / 5
Support You Get 4.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Senior Software Developer

"SAIC provided me with challenge and progression based upon my abilities - I liked it."

Principal Consultant

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"Collaborative work environment and flat organizational structure"

"Interview where government work is heavily sought (Washington DC and San Diego)"

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"Constant reorganizationLack of work generated by management in the oil and gas segment"

"Have a more solid marketing plan for specific market verticals"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4.2 / 5 Work Setting 3.6 / 5
Support You Get 3.4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.1 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 2.8 / 5
QA Professional
in Huntsville, AL

"Great company to work for, but the work is not suited to me and my strengths."

Medical Coder

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"I worked on a government contract which was limiting based on what the contract stated."

Systems Engineer

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"Continuation of contract work from previous employer, Boeing. Loved the mission of the DOD system integration contract."

Java Developer

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"SAIC was where I started my career as a java developer and got my foundation."

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"learn many software hardware, course studies self pace, learn as much as you can, demanding support, transfer option later,schooling tuition, commuter benefits"

"good place to learn, training ground on all hardware softwares, salary you can live on, don't expect free time. singles place to be a guru hardhat training camp."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"management corruption, upper leads controls the projects, must follow management ladder, over work sometimes, 24x7 occasional"

"management support, lead support, please do not put me on the hot seat. deadlines is a.s.a.p. open source products- you have to know - pay for what you get. projects need documents."

Marine Electrician

"If you are Retired Navy you are a shoe in if you have the right rating in Engineering."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"AMSEC only deals with the Navy. The paperwork and the bureaucracy can really slow down real labor to a point were it is ludicious."

Project Engineer

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"My office location was occupied by others as well but was very quite and I was able to always get my work done on time and help others as well."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"The contract which was terminated had not been negotiated well. Marketing agents with experience such as engineers should only be involved at bidding for environmental remediation projects."

Consultant

"Find a different model for consultants. Don't work them to death, and not provide opportunities for the same once their contract ends."

Tradesman

"If you can't find another job it's ok. You can be a star by just doing your job."