(based on 124 Rite Aid Review Ratings)
in Sacramento, CA

"RiteAid at this time has unrealistic views."

in Dayton, OH

"I’ve worked at Rite Aid for 3 months. Overall, the company is an excellent resource for all of your needs. They just need organization and a person who is strong enough to lead the team. Patients were always upset due to medications not being ready. They need more people to be adequately trained and not just thrown in. Also there online training you just need to be demanding that you receive it. You only have a year from when you are certified as a trainee to become licensed or you have to start the process all over again. The district manager is great to help if you get a chance to utilize his expertise."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Rite Aid (217)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is RehabCare (8)
in Great Neck, NY

"I was an assistant store manager for Rite Aid. Due to my flexibility and progress, I was able to work in numerous different locations assisting daily operations. Certain site locations aren’t supported by district supervisors in the way they should be."

in Pinckney, MI

"I have worked for Rite Aid the last two years. I feel they keep making the wrong choices again and again. They hire people with no retail management experience and it shows through the every day struggle of the company."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Inventory Clerk
in Aberdeen, MD

"Not happy as I would love"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Spartanburg, SC

"I have worked for Rite Aid for over 15 years. I transferred from one DC to another and have run across some pretty nice people. The jobs here are fairly easy to complete, but sometimes during peak season, the workload could get a little heavy."

in Abington, PA

"Average Company ........."

Rite Aid Employee

"I started with Rite Aid as a pharmacy manager with great expectations. They gave me so much fulse information. I was supposed to be a salary employee. Later they subtract 12 hours, instead of one day, for the vacation time I was promissed to have. The worst part was they never told me about it untill the time they asked me to accept it. They have a system of pharmacist accepting any mistake, while there is no other options. They pay less than Mc Donalds for the new hourly hirees and expect technicians to stay and do the very tough job with so much responsibility with no real compensation; and if it doesn't happen it is the pharmacy manager fault. I had to work 9-9, which I ususally started earlier and didn't leave untill the store was getting closed, with no appreciation, no lunch or brake time. The ambience of the pharmacy was unbareable. As I told my boss instead of working I feel I am in an interigation room all the time."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Palm Springs, CA

"Rite Aid is fraught with debt, as such, they are cutting technician hours as well as rearranging schedules. An example of this is a store that used to be 8am to 10pm with 4 hours of overlap is now an 8am to 8pm store with no overlap. These two things are driving the ability to work with patients on a one-on-one basis downhill. Additionally, they have shared QA/Data entry, which isn't a problem in itself; however, you may need to review or type for other stores before you can clear you work que. The aforementioned debt leaves Rite Aid vulnerable to company buy-out where jobs are lost."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Dana Point, CA

"To be completed at a future date."

in Commerce, CA

"I've worked about 2 years."

in Ridgecrest, CA

"Not happy as just because I am dating s shift supervisor, other employees treat me like I am doing something wrong. They don't like it as we often work the same shifts. Totally unfair!"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Ridgecrest, CA

"They hired an employee here at the Ridgecrest store just because she was sleeping with a supervisor. This has created a very uneasy work environment as Susan is not expected to work as hard as others. She gets many personal phone calls when she is working and management does nothing about it. We were told not to park in the spaces close to the entrance but she is allowed to park wherever she wants to."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Edison, NJ

"Underpaid, understaffed and often overworked. Stores pair just one cashier and one shift supervisor who are expected to handle an entire store. That in tandem with lack of hours and constantly being 'on-call' (or having your schedule changed at the last minute) at the most inconvenient times due to the understaffing and high turnover rate made this job even more stressful than it should be. You're also expected to attend company meetings which really do nothing because the employee's concerns are rarely if ever noted. Being expected to do the job of more than one person, handle an entire store, lack of professionalism among management on top of dealing with the stresses that come with customer service roles, all for minimal pay, no benefits and not enough hours to make a living, takes it's toll real quick. Try paying employees a livable wage, have a solid staff that shares duties for all shifts, security for safety and actually care about the people manning the stores instead of mistreating them."

in Harrisburg, PA

"If you are fortunate enough to get a good manager you will have a great experience. If you have a bad manager that will dictate your experience. Pros: Hard working, loyal associates. Cons: Top down leadership styles, fear based leadership, lack of care/concern for employees, poor compensation and benefits, broken dispute resolution system, harassment tolerated, high turnover, low engagement, male dominated, lack of communication and training, poor quality technology."