On average, employees at PNC Financial give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest PNC Financial employees are Senior Loan Officers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Financial Consultants with a rating of 4.0.

(based on 94 PNC Financial Review Ratings)
"I've worked here for seven months and I absolutely love it!"
Posted 4 months ago in Fredericksburg, VA
Financial Sales Assistant
in New Haven, IN

"I was hired originally in October of 1984 and remained through two buy outs: National City and PNC. In June of 2015 we found out one of our other branches were closing and these employees could be fed into our branch. I was concerned but not worried as I had been there at that location for 31 years in various capacities ending with financial sales consultant. Over the 31 years I was a teller for 14 years and did both for many years. I also trained tellers and managers along the way. I was told I was a great asset to the company more than one time. I won many awards over the years. I loved my job and I loved my customers. Well..... I was 'eliminated'. I was devastated and quite frankly still am. There was a part-time opening for a teller at this same branch and I was brought up to HR for that position which obviously I am qualified for, and was told "not at this time!" I don't understand this at all. This is a personal attack in my opinion. I was good enough all those years to bring in business and hold on to accounts due to the buy outs, but I was trash being thrown out... Is it my age? My salary? No, it's something evil and I wish I knew what. I could name names (though I won't) but this was the most unfair and horrible thing that has ever happened to me. I loved my job and I was so dedicated - it was pathetic what was done to me. Please be careful in your decision to work for PNC. This would never have happened if they had given the employees whose branch was closing a severance package, not the employees whose branch was not closing. This is a horrible way to run a business. Shame on you PNC."

Financial Security Consultant
in Fredericksburg, VA

"I've worked here for seven months and I absolutely love it!"

PNC Financial (146)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
in Cleveland, OH

"Good culture to work with."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"Absolutely loved working for PNC and if it wasn't for the layoff in the mortgage industry I would still be there."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average PNC Financial Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"I have been working for PNC Bank for the last year, I have never worked for a bank that truly cares for its team members as much as PNC does, the work environment is amazing from the top senior management all the way down. The company truly cares for its team members and for what they have to say with each of their opinions making it count. The opportunity for growth, internal business partners relationship, community focus, and the energy and positive outlook is amazing."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"Good work/life balance and quality work environment. Technology could be better."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"This is a great company to work for."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"PNC Bank is a good company. I have enjoyed working there."

in Cleveland, OH

"Overall good company to work for, values diversity, teamwork, and invests in the community it serves."

Loan Analyst
in Kalamazoo, MI

"I worked for PNC for 3 years, the company is very behind the times when it comes to technology and management training."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Pittsburgh, PA

"I have worked at PNC for over a year. This is a great friendly working environment with many excellent individuals."

Customer Service Representative
in Miamisburg, OH

"Worked there 2 yrs. decent place to work. Great tools and resources. I was also to gain personal educational on mortgages. That is all that I can say about the company at this time. Wonderful thing is that they have branches everywhere. But they're known to lay off which is very disturbing."

in Philadelphia, PA

"Enjoyed my time working for PNC bank as a contractor through my consulting firm. I worked mostly remotely with PNC bank, the experience was pleasant, I wasn't exposed to any bureaucracy or team issues."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"PNC is a very good bank they provider healthcare processing unit. Very good co-worker and supervisor, work environment and work style is good."

in Washington, DC

"Working at a bank is sales. High pressure to convince people to open new accounts. Cold calling clients about products for which they're not qualified, ie a home equity line of credit for someone renting an apartment."