On average, employees at Outback Steakhouse give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Outback Steakhouse employees are Administrative Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Managers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 50 Outback Steakhouse Review Ratings)

in West Palm Beach, FL

"Great company to work especially if you need a flexible schedule."

in Pembroke Pines, FL

"I’ve worked with Outback Steakhouse for about a year now. I have quickly grown in the company, challenging myself to elevate in position every few months. Being only my second job I don’t have much to compare it too, but I would say it’s an average company and a good place to start, as they’re pay is not bad for the type of work, and their it a lot of opportunity for advancement."

Outback Steakhouse (78)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Hotel del Coronado (9)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Bojangles' (6)
Server
in Kennesaw, GA

"A good place to work with flexible scheduling. Management can be hit or miss. Work can be fun but also stressful on weekends."

in Palm Coast, FL

"Good company to work for, lots of upward mobility."

Kitchen Manager
in Hot Springs, AR

"I believe the company is growing and going in the right direction to flourish"

in Gambrills, MD

"I’ve been working for Outback Steakhouse Since 2004, I started as a bussur a month later they moved me on to the kitchen. In 4 years I learned the whole kitchen and become Sistem manager. a year later I become a kitchen manager,3 year later they moved to a different stored. because They need a better financial result in six months they saw a lot of changes and better results in financial. I was there for 2 year. And send me to fixed another stored with the same problem I was there for 2 year again. They moved moved me again to another stored with the same problem. They keep me for another 2years. After the they send me to open a new stored Where I currently I’m. We have 580 stored in the whole USA last year we were on number top20 financial. This year we are on top 50 for the year."

Server

"outback is a nice company with a decent work environment and standards."

Bar Manager
in Roseville, MI

"I've worked for Outback since 2009. They are a very good company and provide hard workers with opportunities to make money and succeed. They do sometimes need to think about more than just the bottom line. It would provide more sense of belonging rather than just numbers and the feeling of being expendable."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Savannah, GA

"It is okay. I worked for them for a while."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Lubbock, TX

"Overall, the job was not a bad one. The problem is that my coworkers lacked motivation and were lazy at times. Also, managers were not clear at times when trying to give instruction, making the workplace dysfunctional."

in Secaucus, NJ

"The good: I like my coworkers, a lot, whether they're servers, working in the kitchen or even other hosts. They're all super friendly and you will get along with pretty much everyone (if you have a positive attitude). I get along with my supervisors/managers really well, one I feel really comfortable with and he often times gives me tips on how I can improve my work and become a better host. The bad: You get tip share, meaning you get a portion of the tips that servers make. This can work in your favor some nights and be the worst thing ever on other nights. You never know when it's going to be crazy and busy or if it's going to be super dead and you get excited if a single customer comes in, these are the worst because you get paid based off of the tip made that day and if not many come in, you won't be making much that day either. The ugly: You never REALLY know when you're going to go home. You can be an opener and expect to stay for a 7 hour shift, however, that doesn't always play out. Your manager may tell you a time that you can expect to leave, but again, that doesn't always work out as you plan because you never know when people are going to come in. Some days it just may get really packed and crowded that they need as many hands on deck as they can get so you just may have to stay the entire time. I hope this review has helped you because I would have loved to read a review like this before becoming employed at Outback. The good may or may not out weigh the bad for some, however, the bad may just overpower the good. Who knows but just keep in mind, your hourly pay is a lot lower than minimum wage just because you are receiving "tips" and I mean A LOT lower."

in Madison Heights, MI

"I have worked for Outback for many years and it first started off great. It was a really fun company to work for, made a lot of friends, and you could tell this company cared about the employees and the business itself. Over the years the company started putting multiple jobs on to one person. Example: one person makes salad, desserts, and all appetizers. On top of that they have to prep all there items which takes a few hours and they have to make sure everything is food safe. Honestly the food takes a lot longer because they have so many responsibilities, so this upsets the guests because they are waiting over 10 minutes on a salad. Outback has become money hungry so they cut corners to make their wallets bigger for the short term but in long term they are driving the business into the ground. Also we used to make our own food and that part is set but now everything comes in bags. Outback used to be looked at as a higher based restaurant, but at the rate it's going they will be more comparable to Coney Island. The employees used to be more loyal and over the past few years the turnover rate has gone through the roof. We don't feel appreciated and we feel over worked!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Bartender
in Plano, TX

"I worked for Outback Steakhouse for 2+ years. They are a great company to work for and I loved it. They instill a lot of trust and responsibility into their employees. The entire staff works more like a family rather than just coworkers. The managers allowed extremely flexible hours and made a point to know their employees wants and needs."

Hostess
in Tulsa, OK

"Horrible, horrible, soul-crushing and horrible."

What do you like about working at Outback Steakhouse?

"It is not a heavy work load. There is decent music and a good discount on the food."

"Don't do it. DO NOT WORK AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE. It is a terrible workplace and you will never feel comfortable there."

What don't you like about working at Outback Steakhouse?

"The employees lie to make themselves look good and get others in trouble if they don't do what they want them to do. My manager stole my $500 smart phone and wouldn't return it to me until after my shift. My general manager clocked me out thirty minutes before I was off. I would never work here on usual circumstances. But I was desperate for the money."

"Do not force your employees to slap larceny on you for stolen property. Be just listening to both sides of the story."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Proprietor
in White Plains, NY

What do you like about working at Outback Steakhouse?

"I like my colleagues and employees at Outback Steakhouse. I like the atmosphere, relations with my customers, quality of product, and the teamwork."

"It is great for an entry-level management person to learn the casual dining segment, along with having responsibilities to learn P&L."

What don't you like about working at Outback Steakhouse?

"There is very slow growth potential, with non-expansion and partial communication breakdown at times."

"Advance your technology information system and provide clearer communication on a more timely basis."