On average, employees at Marriott Hotels & Resorts give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Marriott Hotels & Resorts employees are Supervisors submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Front Office Managers with a rating of 4.5.
"I worked for Marriott OceanWatch Villas as a management internship required for graduating. The people who work here truly love what they do and want not only customers to be happy but employees as well. Company events are a monthly occurrence and they range from team building exercises to ice cream socials to The Amazing Race competitions. I really enjoyed working for this company."
"There are many opportunities to move up in the company, and the benefits are good, especially the discount that employees receive on other Marriott hotels."
"Working at the Marriott Shoals was really an awesome experience because they didn't only encourage hospitality but also teach one how to not only make your guest feel at home but create a long lasting relationship with them. I would recommend working at the Marriott to anyone."
"I have worked as a Banquet Captain for five years and in that time management has changed, however management has never been this inadequate to properly perform their jobs. They do not listen to their employees or supervisors and continue to promote troubling standards and behaviors. Upper management and the owner is just as lacking in their care for the treatment of the employees and their lack of acknowledgement of the issues. It is all about the bottom line."
"I have worked for the Newton Marriott for 13 years. During this time I have seen numerous managers come and go."
"Marriott's work environment was excellent, fostering a good balance of work and life. Associates had all the tools needed to perform at a high level, and the benefits were excellent. Marriott's motto of employees first was practiced by 90% of senior management, and the other 10% lacked the skills to manage others."
"Salary does not reflect the amount of work that is put in to the job."
"Good place to work and best working environment."
"I love working for White Lodging!"
"The hotel I work for does not have the right amount of money to operate. They nickel and dime their costs to death which results in the employees not caring and lacking tools to do their job. The guests complain about it to the management and the General Manager would rather crack stupid jokes than help his people. He spends little time in the operation and enjoys putting people down. The Sales department couldn't sell ice to the Eskimos. They are horrible and do not take their jobs seriously."
"I am not happy with this job, it is poorly managed."
"I was an associate with the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Convention Hotel from July 6, 2006 to July 15, 2013. The company's core values and ethics are very strong for building toward becoming and sustaining the ranking of the #1 hospitality chain in the world. The experience of being a Sr. Associate has elevated and matured my mindset, work ethics, and enlightened me on leadership abilities to be a better and more effective leader."
"Equipment issues really hinder our ability to stay up with competition."
"I've worked at the marriott Hotel since 2004, I love my job great people, great working environment,the Marriott is a type of company that offers growth with many opportunities."
What do you like about working at Marriott Hotels & Resorts?
"They suck. Get your morals in place and learn to make a better company culture and place for people to work."
Do you have any tips for others interviewing with this company?
"Don't do it. You will have no life and be treated like crap."
What don't you like about working at Marriott Hotels & Resorts?
"Their company culutre, morals, and ethics suck. Micromanaged the crap out of me. They obviously need to get their heads out of their asses."
What suggestions do you have for management?
"listen to my employees better. Learn to see both sides of a story and not make stupid judgements otherwise."
Update your browser to have a more positive job search experience.Upgrade My Browser