178 Marriott Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Browse Marriott Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Marriott Hotels & Resorts give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Marriott Hotels & Resorts employees are Managers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Executive Chefs with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 86 Marriott Hotels & Resorts Review Ratings)
Ambassador
in Fall River, MA

"I have worked for Marriott for 4 years now, I find this company to be diverse, family oriented and progressive. Working closely with our guests to maintain a personal relationship and ensure their travel is full of great memories happy to have had us by their side. As an employee you will feel that same sense of family and never question if leadership is on your side."

in Scottsdale, AZ

"I was relocated from Portland, OR to Scottsdale, AZ to open up a brand new hotel for Marriott, the Element by Westin. Nine months into the relocation the COVID virus struck and we had to substantially reduce staff. I voluntarily took the furlough so that my staff remained intact. I enjoyed the team and the guests tremendously and there is so much growth potential with that location."

Marriott Hotels & Resorts (178)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Bowling Green State University (21)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Value Place (6)
Food Service Supervisor
in Aventura, FL

"I was a Manager at one of the Marriott's location in Aventura, FL which is a prominent city just Northeast of Miami. I managed over 50 agents in approximately 900 employees, and 95% were very friendly and respectable to include Managers. However, I understand the company is a hospitality establishment, but the salary is very low no matter the level of education or experience obtained. I observed that only the Executive levels had reasonable salaries. Therefore upward mobility was very challenging."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
HR Manager

"Great company to build a career."

Average Marriott Hotels & Resorts Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Marriott Hotels & Resorts Employee

"I love Marriott and hope it recovers from COVID soon!"

Director of Engineering
in McKinney, TX

"I have work for Marriott Hotels for over 10 years now and enjoy the challenges that my job brings to me. I am a team player and look forward to my next challenge while getting through this difficult time we are having."

in Orlando, FL

"I worked for Marriott for 21 years in the finance department as a general accountant. Marriott is a company of integrity and is well respected in the industry. The associates are treated with respect and Marriott takes good care of us. I also worked for two major banks State Street Bank and Citizens Bank. State Street Bank was my first job out of school and I meet and learned a lot from great mentors."

in Omaha, NE

"I've worked for Marriott Int, Inc. for 13 years and find them to be dedicated to their employees and the community offering a strong portfolio of property types in the hospitality industry. The company employs thousands of people worldwide providing the best service in the hospitality business."

in Aventura, FL

"I consider JW Marriott Turnberry Resort & Spa one of the highest quality control company with the highest standard for both employees and customers. From all my quality control experience, this facility is one of the best to solve issues with integrity, respect and successful teams. In all the departments, a team meeting is required by either a manager or supervisor daily before the beginning of the shift. Each employee was well respected and entirely supported their team and department. The downside of the company was the ability to meet my salary requirements. Unfortunately, we were laid off due to Covid-19."

Senior Sales Manager

"Excellent company to work for. Great work culture with benefits"

in Fullerton, CA

"The staff at the Fullerton Marriott has been the best team I've been a part of. They truly care and take pride about their work. Hours can be long at times but they are willing to work with each team member to have a work/life balance. The area of improvement would be pay as it is low compared to the market."

in Sacramento, CA

"Opportunity to work with many types of people and companies. Allows for you to learn more about your surroundings and the needs and wants of customers."

Director
in Bellevue, WA

"I always enjoy focusing on customer retention strategy & staff / employee retention strategy."

in Kapolei, HI

"Being in the industry for about 5 yrs I’ve been privileged to work with a lot of strong and skilled individuals. MARRIOTT is a good work environment and care about their owners. It does depend on what department you’re in though as to where you stand in the totem pole."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Marriott Hotels & Resorts Employee

"The JW Marriott is a great place to work if you are looking for a routine schedule. They offer great benefits and perks and in general are a leader in the hotel and hospitality industry. However, I think its very important to note that most hotels in the Los Angeles area have a union in place which can work both in your benefit or be a detriment to what you may be looking for in a work environment."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5