(based on 5 Value Place Review Ratings)
2.5
2.4
2.7
2.5
2.6
2.4
General Manager
in Aurora, CO

"I came on board about a year ago to help run one of their first new Woodspring Suites Signatures. I was excited as I knew they were transitioning from a Value Place model that was limited in what it offered guests. Over this past year we have rolled out various new amenities. While that is fun and exciting, we have never kept the guests as our priority. My Area Manager has zero hotel experience and spends most of his time micromanaging various aspects of the job. As GM I am unable to make any decisions relating to my own property. While the standards and amenities have increased, our labor budget has not and I am unable to fix issues because of my inability to make GM related choices. At the end of the day, this company does not care about your feedback . They will continue to be profitable as they feast on the misfortune of guests who can't afford rent or don't have the credit. These guests are stuck here and it grossly inflates VP's bottom line rather than them actually earning it. This is not a hotel, it is an apartment with a few amenities added in with no lease required. If you're interested in that, jump in and I promise you will fill up your property. If you want to run a hotel, stay very very far away."

Property Manager
in Plainfield, IN

What do you like about working at Value Place?

"They paid me, a little. There was also a nice view of a vacant field from my window."

"Be sure to emphasize that money is your only motivating factor and express strong interest in what you, personally, will gain in exact dollars."

What don't you like about working at Value Place?

"The corporate office is staffed by catty women and it is a snake pit of narcissistic personalities. Their disdain for their employees and their customers borders on hostility, and some of their labor practices are questionably legal at best."

"Maintain appreciation for the fact that the guests are the reason for the industry, and treat them as guests, not an irritating burden. Also, I would treat the employees like respectable human beings with free will and lives of their own, rather than ignorant indentured servant/slaves."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5

Value Place (6)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Renaissance Hotels (16)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Value Place (6)
Safety Attendant

in Mission Viejo, CA
Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Regional Director of Sales

What do you like about working at Value Place?

"awesome team, everyone respected each other, and we all grew the company together. Freedom to test your ideas."

"Five interviews, they usually decide after the third. Don't stress if you don't do well on the written or personality test. Practice, rehearse for the live presentation at that is 90% of what you do with franchisees."

What don't you like about working at Value Place?

"compensation with no commission was a tough pill, travel was 40%, and at times slow and repetitive."