(based on 65 Liberty Mutual Review Ratings)
"I have been working with Liberty Mutual for 3 years, I have found that the company has good benefits and compensation. From a technology standpoint, the company is starting to transition to new development models and processes improvement including lean practices."
Posted 6 years ago in Portsmouth, NH
Liberty Mutual Employee

"It's a very nice company in a sense that they care about work life balance, flexibility, and employee's satisfaction. However, its not a very fast-paced or innovative companies, at least in the financial/actuarial side of things. It's more for people who're looking for a stable and relatively not too challenging work."

Sales Representative
in Plano, TX

"I worked with Veritiv for over a decade. I started as a Sales Representative based in Dallas, TX. We have very few prospects when I began but my boss taught me how to prospect, cold call, and sell new accounts. Within 5 years we had grown our book of business by over 40 million dollars and I earned my first promotion. The culture at Veritiv is very professional and encourages individual growth. I greatly enjoyed my tenure there and still maintain a good relationship with my former boss and coworkers. I have nothing but fond memories and appreciation from my time there."

Liberty Mutual (108)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (233)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
in Frisco, TX

"It was a wonderful experience in this company. I would love to work there but I wanted to do a full time job."

Executive Sales Representative
in Norwood, MA

"Good company to work for and fair compensation. Good benefits and excellent retirement plan. I would recommend Liberty as a good place to work."

Average Liberty Mutual Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Indianapolis, IN

"I worked for Liberty Mutual for eleven years, and only left after they restructured and they eliminated my position. Their core values and business practices were very admirable, and they did a lot for the community. I worked in many positions over the years, most recently their work from home program. I had a lot of really great supervisors who really wanted to help me develop and further my career."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Representative
in Boston, MA

"Since I started at liberty I’ve gathered a lot of knowledge about the insurance field. Great training opportunities and extremely good benefits. Be prepared to put in the work just like any sales job you earn what you put out"

in Plano, TX

"I’ve worked for Liberty Mutual for about a year and I’ve found that they have a great work environment. The have lots of opportunity and ability for growth. I truly enjoy the work environment that I go to everyday."

Liberty Mutual Employee

"I am working as a Power BI developer at Liberty Mutual since early this year, I have positive feedback so far, excellent policies for employees."

Liberty Mutual Employee

"Overall a good place for beginners."

in Chandler, AZ

"Okay pay, but not a lot of career path options."

DevOps Engineer
in Dover, NH

"overall its Good, good working environment"

Sales and Service Representative
in Carlsbad, CA

"I worked for Liberty Mutual for over 10 years, the company ischanging their business model and physical foot print in California."

Liberty Mutual Employee

"Solid place to work, good flexibility."

in Boston, MA

"Liberty is doing business like it's 1975. It's a corporate dinosaur that has no capacity for change or evolution. The culture is over-formal and stifles creativity. Inefficiency is pandemic. The word "innovation" comes up two or three times in every sentence spoken at Liberty, but it's empty noise--the company is too risk-adverse to adopt anything new. Management is uniformly bad, because every manager and executive is simply trying to meet this or that meaningless number, any way possible--including massaging the numbers. No one takes responsibility for anything. Anyone speaking up runs the risk of bullying or retaliation. Senior leadership is delusional about the actual mood of the company or the level of dysfunction, and ignores the results of employees, survey after survey."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Liberty Mutual Employee

"This company teaches its customer service men and woman very well. As a matter of fact, they're SUPER…..at avoiding paying the claimants the money that is due them when they are very ill. They make them wait for at least 3-12 months before any claim is paid out!!!!!!! I'm impressed!!!! That means more money in every one's pockets, the associates, the managers, the claims case managers, etc. Even the directors and VPs, ---all the way to the very top of the CORPORATION!!!!!! So the Board of Directors are very happily taken care of!!! Except... are they proud of how they are hurting hard working middle class woman with over 40 years of work history, who by the way, would give her right arm just to go back to work..."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5