Liberty Mutual Employee Job Reviews

Browse Liberty Mutual Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 91 Liberty Mutual Review Ratings)

"Liberty Dover NH is a wonderful place to work. The office is bright and clean, has a cafeteria and is very close to the highway for commuting. The people who work there are some of the nicest you will meet."
Posted 7 years ago in Dover, NH
Sales Representative
in Boston, MA

"Since I started at liberty I’ve gathered a lot of knowledge about the insurance field. Great training opportunities and extremely good benefits. Be prepared to put in the work just like any sales job you earn what you put out"

in Plano, TX

"I’ve worked for Liberty Mutual for about a year and I’ve found that they have a great work environment. The have lots of opportunity and ability for growth. I truly enjoy the work environment that I go to everyday."

Liberty Mutual Employee

"I am working as a Power BI developer at Liberty Mutual since early this year, I have positive feedback so far, excellent policies for employees."

Liberty Mutual Employee

"Overall a good place for beginners."

in Chandler, AZ

"Okay pay, but not a lot of career path options."

DevOps Engineer
in Dover, NH

"overall its Good, good working environment"

Sales and Service Representative
in Carlsbad, CA

"I worked for Liberty Mutual for over 10 years, the company ischanging their business model and physical foot print in California."

Liberty Mutual Employee

"Solid place to work, good flexibility."

in Boston, MA

"Liberty is doing business like it's 1975. It's a corporate dinosaur that has no capacity for change or evolution. The culture is over-formal and stifles creativity. Inefficiency is pandemic. The word "innovation" comes up two or three times in every sentence spoken at Liberty, but it's empty noise--the company is too risk-adverse to adopt anything new. Management is uniformly bad, because every manager and executive is simply trying to meet this or that meaningless number, any way possible--including massaging the numbers. No one takes responsibility for anything. Anyone speaking up runs the risk of bullying or retaliation. Senior leadership is delusional about the actual mood of the company or the level of dysfunction, and ignores the results of employees, survey after survey."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Liberty Mutual Employee

"This company teaches its customer service men and woman very well. As a matter of fact, they're SUPER…..at avoiding paying the claimants the money that is due them when they are very ill. They make them wait for at least 3-12 months before any claim is paid out!!!!!!! I'm impressed!!!! That means more money in every one's pockets, the associates, the managers, the claims case managers, etc. Even the directors and VPs, ---all the way to the very top of the CORPORATION!!!!!! So the Board of Directors are very happily taken care of!!! Except... are they proud of how they are hurting hard working middle class woman with over 40 years of work history, who by the way, would give her right arm just to go back to work..."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Insurance Agent
in Greenwood, IN

"Good compensation for the job. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k match, pension. Any job has its moments, but a six-figure income is very attainable, and there is some flexibility in the sales role. You'll need to put in a few nights and weekend hours here and there to accomplish a consistently high level of production."

in Lake Mary, FL

"Liberty Mutual has been one of the worst companies that I have ever worked for, I have been here for over 4 years and have noticed that culture here is about who you know and not about what you know, you can obtain everything you need to be successful in this company but the main focus for them is always negative. I would not recommend this company for anyone wanting to start in this line of work. Geico or Progressive are much better companies."

in Latham, NY

"I have worked for Liberty Mutual for 8 years. Overall financially stable company. More customer focused than employee satisfaction. Pay is average."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked at Liberty Mutual for over a year now. I enjoy the company and what they stand for. It is a really hard place to balance work/life."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Voorhees, NJ

"The people are great, it makes the job easier, but too many unrealistic expectations are set. High stress, constant micro management changes are a huge annoyance. Too many people can call you. It's a great way to get your foot in the door for a career, just not a career commitment."