(based on 50 Geek Squad Review Ratings)
"Geek Squad is an amazing company to work for. You will learn many things about customer service that one simple over the phone position cannot do. You will also learn about proper documentation of items taken care of in a professional environment. There is room to move up, but you have to be more motivated, and might need a few certificates to be looked at. The pay is okay, compared to local competition. Agents need to be paid more per hour, because more agents leave the job per year."
Posted 5 years ago in Rochester, MN
in Lakewood, CA

"The company needs to pay more for the type of work that we do. Other than that it's a good job."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Bloomington, MN

"Great place to work, different locations have a very different culture, but I've always loved mine. I truly love what I do, but I am not paid what I should be for the work I perform."

Computer Technician
in Toms River, NJ

"The job was okay but after 5 1/2 years I feel like it's time for a career."

in Wichita, KS

"Great starter job for those looking to get some real world experience in the tech field. Amazing employee benefits such as the employee discount, but personal experience may vary significantly from location to location - depending upon the management. My personal experience started off really well - great coworkers, friendly boss, enjoyable job responsibilities. But when management changed they started micromanaging like crazy - there was almost not 10 mins straight where I could work on MY work. It was always "there's a customer up front waiting, go help the CAs up front". Sure I get that they need help occasionally if busy, but that's not my job - I'm here to fix the computers the CAs check in."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Geek Squad Ratings in the Past 4 Years

IT Consultant
in Palmdale, CA

"If you want to start in IT, Geek Squad is a good start. If you are experienced in IT, in my opinion it is a waste of time, but that was for me. I want to learn."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Consultation Agent
in Rochester, MN

Geek Squad Employee

"I love the Geek Squad culture as it represents a lot of my own interests and values. My only complaint is that it is taking a while to reach the job level I'd like in the company."

Agent
in Janesville, WI

"Our precinct needs work, functionally it does not have enough computers and my pay is horrible for having 2 degrees."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Operations Agent
in Harahan, LA

"Geek Squad is a great place to start. The people are generally nice. Management is not so strong. The company advertises that they care for their employees. They do fill that role for the most part, however when it comes down to what you repeatedly complain about they do nothing to change it. Movement is extremely difficult, once in a position you stay there, even getting full-time in your position is hard. For me I went from feeling like I was helping people to being a corporate machine."

Geek Squad Employee

"I've worked for Geek Squad as a consultation agent for a little over a year. The job is easy on paper, but can be extremely stressful. The compensation is not nearly enough for the amount of nonsense we deal with on a daily basis."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Waterloo, IA

"Working for Geek Squad has helped me develop a professional attitude and work with many different backgrounds of clients. There is some issues with how things are done but that is not without any company. Overall I am satisfied with my position."

Lead Web Developer
in Portland, OR

"Having worked for the company for over 5 years, the state in which it has tumbled has been snowballing continually. Work conditions could not be improved fast enough to warrant individual growth."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sierra Vista, AZ

"I have worked at Geek Squad for more than 4 years."

Geek Squad Employee

"I've worked with Geek Squad for a while, unfortunately the advancement opportunities have stagnated."

Advanced Repair Agent
in Corona, CA

"I have been working at Best Buy for five months now. The staff does an amazing job of treating you like family. The main important thing is to know company policies like the back of your own hand."