(based on 98 Game Stop Review Ratings)

"For as long as I have worked at Gamestop I have had more good times than any other job I have been employed at. It has had its rough times but they are very few and far between. My fellow co-workers are very knowledgeable of their product and are happy to help any and all customers. The overall environment is just a wonderful place to work."
Posted 7 years ago in Goldsboro, NC
Lead Web Developer
in Grapevine, TX

"Great opportunities and work, workplace could be better (it's a warehouse)"

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"The talented people make it really special. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't stay."

"You really have to be self-motivated to work at GameStop. The company will not motivate you, but there are good things going on there project- and people-wise to be a part of."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"The worst part is the miserliness of the company (I'm sure they call it 'frugal' or 'lean'). It's difficult to get adequate compensation for new hires, the benefits are pretty ho-hum, and there's no bonus structure below managerial levels. The incentive to excel really isn't there. Also getting proper equipment and software is a challenge."

"You would have an easier time retaining top talent if you treated them like top talent instead of cookie cutter people."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Assistant Store Manager
in Fairfax, VA

"A roller coaster but for the most part enjoyable."

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"I liked the atmosphere and being able to help everyone that walked through the door. When people told me that they were going to start coming to my store over someone else's because of the way they felt important or listened to made the job worth going to. I got to know quite a few of the customers on a personal level which was nice."

"Just be confident and don't be scared to speak your mind. More people get hired there for being out going and not shy."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"I didn't like how the company trained employees half the time new employees didn't learn the bare unessential of the paper work side of the company."

"I would suggest that they set some time aside to explain to new employees the importance of various procedures. I would also suggest they train everyone slightly more then they have to so the people below understand what the people above them are doing."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Sales Associate
in Barboursville, WV

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"I really like helping the customers and the benefits of working for the company."

"One tip I can give is to be ready for the holidays cause it gets pretty intense."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"There really wasn't anything about the company that I didn't like."

Store Manager
in Whittier, CA

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"Great regular customers, close-knit staff, product is always changing, consistent 40 hours a week for store management."

"It's not all fun and games like everyone thinks. It's a lot of demands with little pay and no incentives. People do a lot of shady things to make their numbers look good and when those customers come back for a refund or a cancellation on a reserve, you're the one getting hit with it, not the moron who caused it in the first place."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"Micro-management from District managers, low amount of hours for sales associates, store runs off of two to three associates throughout the day even on weekends, fear of being terminated for hitting unrealistic goals, lack of coverage when associates are out sick, company obsessed with beating out the competitors (Best Buy/Target) but could care less about the well being of its employees, very low pay for large work load, promotion from within for management is rare...usually they hire from outside the company for store managers, area managers, and district managers"

"Stop leading by fear! Hire someone to be a floating rep so when stores have call-outs there is someone to come in and help out. Reprimand those who aren't selling with integrity so they can just hit their reservation and subscriptions goals"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Engineering Technician
in Grapevine, TX
Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5 Company Culture 2.3 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5
in Lafayette, IN

"I liked the job a lot."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4.1 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 2.5 / 5
Lead Game Advisor
Store Manager
in Garden Grove, CA

"I was loyal, they weren't."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 4.6 / 5
Support You Get 4.8 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.5 / 5
Assistant Store Manager
in Novi, MI
Person You Work For 4.8 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 4.5 / 5
Support You Get 4.6 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.6 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 4.1 / 5
in Coppell, TX
Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.1 / 5
Lead Game Advisor
in Plano, TX

"It needs to take in the trust factor that Gamestop doesn't have for its employees."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 2.1 / 5