(based on 98 Game Stop Review Ratings)

"For as long as I have worked at Gamestop I have had more good times than any other job I have been employed at. It has had its rough times but they are very few and far between. My fellow co-workers are very knowledgeable of their product and are happy to help any and all customers. The overall environment is just a wonderful place to work."
Posted 7 years ago in Goldsboro, NC
in Tempe, AZ

"I have worked for GameStop since 2011. It's a great company and fun environment to work in. You might not get many hours and the pay might not be great but you're always around fun loving people."

Retail Store Manager
in Grapevine, TX

"Smart company that is always seeking new ways to expand its customer base and new opportunities in retail for a world that is always changing."

in Bartonsville, PA

"I worked at Gamestop for almost 4 years and enjoyed most of it. The hours given and the amount of work required compared to the pay were not that great but the people I worked with were awesome.The company as a whole doesn't care about anything but profits. District Managers from Gamestop are by far the worst type of person you could come across."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
SQL Server Developer
in Grapevine, TX

"I have been working for GameStop a couple of years. The working environment is excellent."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
in Denton, TX

"Overall is was a decent place to work. I don't know how its changed in the in the past four years but hey it would work for someone just out of high school who needs the work experience."

Person You Work For 2.3 / 5 People You Work With 2.3 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Support You Get 2.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.3 / 5
in Grapevine, TX

"I have been working with this company for 1+ year. It's a good company with a good work environment."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
in Millbury, MA

"Overall Gamestop was not a horrible employer though that is primarily due to the manager I had. Once he left the company went further into shambles. Expect a high requirement for things you need to be able to know and do, expect to never have time to egt everything done, and expect to get berated for it."

Person You Work For 2.3 / 5 People You Work With 2.3 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Assistant Sales Manager

"Over three years in customer service, product presentations, cashier management"

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"Talking to customers about the products, videogame companies, videogame creators."

"Keep your communication, resume, and appearance strong. Research the job."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"Negative or irate customers. Ranges from kids to adults I don't believe anyone has the right to harass employee.s"

"Maintain professionalism whether its communication, integrity, appearance and even demeanor."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Assistant Manager
in Panorama City, CA

"A good way to experience how hard it is to work and earn money for yourself."

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"Discount on video games, video games consoles, and video games accessories. Great people to work with."

"When being interviewed in Gamestop, you will need to know how to ask for a customer to reserve a game and subscribe to their Game Informer Magazine."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"Very stressful environment. Dealing with difficult customers. Running company errands and not compensating you for gas. There were ever hardly any hours. They expect you to finish everything by the time you clock out."

"Some of management had very poor management skills. They need a better way of communicating with their fellow employees. Need more hours."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Philadelphia, PA

"Gamestop allows me to inform the customers on great gaming decisions."

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"The best part of working at GameStop is the employees I work with. We are a family of gamers who try to make a hectic work week more lively. They always have my back and I try my best to have their back as well."

"Stay confident, and always be sure of yourself. The knowledge you possess and learn are the tools you need to cater to the customers and give them a great experience."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"Most of the customer base do not take our suggestions and always go for the cheapest choice, than return it within a week."

"Make sure that your employees are happy so your customers can have a good in-store experience."

Senior Game Advisor
in Watchung, NJ

"Fulfilling experience that will lead to great opportunities"

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"I mostly like the clientele, atmosphere, and the commute to my job."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"I dislike the pay, some management, and hours that must be worked in relation to the pay."

"Match pay with the workload, and provide better hiring tools."

in Bloomingdale, IL

"It was a great starting job."

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"I enjoyed selling video game hardware and the games themselves. Gaming is a hobby of mine, so this job was very easy for me."

"I advise you reflect on your video game hardware knowledge as well as any games you've played."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"The pay and hours were awful. It was putting employees in a bad position."

"Management was overall great, so its hard to suggest anything."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior .NET Application Developer
in Grapevine, TX

"Limited growth. My direct report was challenging to work for;"

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"There are some very talented people that I worked with and admired. They were certainly a help as a social support structure for other areas where the job was lacking."

"Make sure you are very clear with questions about what your role will entail and the work environment - depending on the position your level of contribution may or may not be recognized."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"This cannot be easily summed up in a few words. I unfortunately found my direct report to be a very difficult person to work for who did not treat others as equal team members."

"I gave them many in the exit interview - namely that they need to recognize that managers such as my direct report do not bode well for the company reputation both internally and externally if communication and respect are not maintained within the department."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Store Manager
in Tuscaloosa, AL

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"Working with games. Working with people. Successful at the job."

"be prepared to learn fast and be able to sell constantly."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"unnecessary amount of stress and pressure put on store managers. It seems never enough."

"Give more hours. Put less stress on employees. Appreciate individual's work and effort more."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Assistant Store Manager
in York, PA

What do you like about working at Game Stop?

"The employees, the discount, having the easy ability of knowing what new games are coming out when."

"Knowledge in games is somewhat important, but the ability to upsell and deal with customers is paramount."

What don't you like about working at Game Stop?

"Unrealistic expectations as far as reserves and subscriptions. Move from physical to mostly digital on PC content. Lack of follow-through from upper management (DM etc) on many things. Quite a bit of micromanagement."

"Nothing, really. I find that the way my immediate manager does things is efficient, for the most part."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5