Career Menu

1,421 Cashier Reviews

Submit a Review
Cashier at Dollar Tree

"I loved nothing about being a cashier because I hated counting money for people."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Cashier at Walmart
in Vancouver, WA

"I love the daily interaction with customers. I love when I can make their experience a good one. I do not like some of my supervisors, as they kind of look down on us."

Cashier at Costco
in Tallahassee, FL

"Just cleaning up behind folks is the only dislike I've had. The environment was very friendly which I loved and the sense of being needed to help out always made me smile."

Cashier at McDonald's

"It is a great environment and if you do this as your first job it will be okay."

Cashier at Save-A-Lot
in Pittsburgh, PA

"I love being able to assist the customers, talk with them about their day and attempt to make them smile a little even if they are having a bad day. When they come through my line specifically because of my demeanor, it makes me feel I am doing something right. I truly dislike the lack of advancement opportunities, pay rate and any chance of getting a pay raise."

Cashier at Home Depot
in Beaverton, OR

"The job was a good workout as I helped people load their cars and got to meet a lot of interesting people. What was bad was that Home Depot doesn't seem to like giving out set schedule which is hard to work around sometimes."

Cashier at Hy-Vee
in Papillion, NE

"I love my Hy-Vee so much. It is great."

Cashier at Disneyland
in Anaheim, CA

"It's great to be a cashier, but it is complicated to be one at a company that is not giving you enough tools when they're too busy to help with your needs."

Cashier at ShopRite
in Commack, NY

"The customers can really suck sometimes, but that comes with the territory. Management does its best to make the job easier and more pleasant."

Cashier at Kmart
in Warsaw, IN

"Being in electronics is nice because when I get work I get to stay in the back of the store and do my own thing. I do not have to deal with many customers, and when I help one out it feels nice. I don't like being a cashier because they expect certain numbers and you can only do so much. You can deal with rude customers maybe more than once and it can make your day go bad. Plus you are at the mercy of the service desk to have a break."

Cashier at The Fresh Market
in Mandeville, LA

"I'm always optimistic. As a cashier I loved making the customer laugh and smile as I helped them out. It was always the highlight of my day to see everyone I met and helped smile. I'll admit though sometimes customers were rude and that put me down a little, but that did not stop me from trying to make them smile."

Cashier at PETCO
in Port Arthur, TX
Cashier at Marshalls
in Norwalk, CT

"I love working with different people from all ages, backgrounds, and with different interests. I have learned a lot from them and vice versa. We have also helped each other with developing newer and better Customer Service skills. I enjoy seeing new customers every day and some of the regulars as well. I love being able see new products coming in weekly. I hate not being able to give authority when needed because I was overlooked at into becoming a coordinator when I am very good at the job. I also hate that my hours are always cut and given to someone else as a favoritism type thing. I also hate having all the pressure put on me when I am just a simple associate working like a coordinator without having the title."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Cashier at Walmart
in Ottumwa, IA

"I don't like being a cashier because I'm shy and have a harder time working with the public. I think it's a good job for outgoing people but I would rather work solo or on a set team with people I got to know. TLDR I don't really like working with strangers all day, every day."

Cashier at Staffing Icons
in Paramus, NJ

"I have the ability to deal with customers appropriately."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like