(based on 194 Cardinal Health Review Ratings)
"Excellent world class company, with a passion for quality and compliance."
Posted 11 years ago in San Diego, CA
Senior IT Analyst
in Charlotte, NC

"Big 'out of touch' corporation."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Co-workers and peers. Most always work very hard to do their jobs."

"Be patient. I have seen management leave applicants sit in lobby for an hour (often). The disrespect of your time is your first clue. Managers do not hire quality and experience, instead, they hire people who will not outshine them and will take orders. Managers are not good or to be trusted."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Cut throat. Management is good ole boy club. You go against the grain they will get rid of you. No respect, false respect, for employees. Can not trust management."

"Need genuine experienced managers who care about employees! Working conditions, fair wages; and who knows about the work areas they manage, what it is like to do each person's job. Not incompetent LSS black belts."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior SQL Server DBA
in Dublin, OH

"Very much comfortable environment."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Cardinal has a great work environment."

"Be confident and focus on technical stuff, scenario, situations based questions."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Contractors don't get all of the benefits."

Warehouse Associate
in Earth City, MO

"I am well qualified for the job."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"I liked the job, management, and the employees. They had a lot of extras for outstanding work done."

"You need to be a hard worker and a team player and want to learn as much as possible."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"The hours changed and they had us working a late shift that made it hard to spend time with my daughter."

"Treat others the way you would want to be treated."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Technical Engineer

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"The engineering equipment and the area where it was located."

"I would ask to ask the support of the management prior starting."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"I did not like the managers, because they were to busy to explain the true nature of the recall."

"Get involved with the employees, because the communication is important."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Operations Supervisor

"I did not receive a 3% raise in the three years I was with Cardinal Health."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"I respect the fact that they use lean six sigma to improve there processes."

"The initial amount of money you go in at is about what you will be making 3-5 years after working with the company, regardless of your positive results."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"The night shift hours for over 3 years (5 PM to 3 AM)."

"Alternating of the associate shifts and paying the associates what they deserve would improve the atmosphere."

Manager

"Overall Territory Manager."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"I like that I worked in the health care field."

"Don't believe everything that you will hear from the recruiter. Read the fine print."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Chances for advancement are very low and you have to have multiple years of experience before you can move."

"To give more guidance to the employees and also offer better training programs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Client Support Specialist
in Charlotte, NC

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"By far, the best aspect about Cardinal Health (especially pre-Cardinal Health) was the employees and the talents they have. These workers believe in serving the customer and doing things right. They work hard and work together across departments and across the country to ensure they take care of the customers. The compensation was good at industry averages, but has been stifled since early 2000's, making income below average. The benefits are pretty good but continue to be cheapen as time goes on at Cardinal Health."

"Be patient... often you have to wait, even though you have an appointment, you may not be seen for an hour. Management often did not know their schedule and just made appointments and are inconsiderate of your time. You will most likely be interviewed by the new kids on the block or in training, no experience. These are usually very young adults with little experience themselves. The 'supposed' experienced managers seldom do initial interviews themselves.... maybe subsequent follow up interviews. They want most educated at lowest pay - 'talent for a bargain'. Yet they do not want to be out-shined. They want sub-subservient personality, someone to work to the bone with a smile and do whatever is asked of you. They dish out the work, their own responsibilities, have frequent and daily meetings, closed door policy, and play on computers a lot. They can not even do their new hire/ terminations timely and if could have someone else do it for them; be advised you may start work and not have account set up yet for anything. Growth is limited, but is possible especially if you become member of the 'Boys Club'."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Management is number one issue at Cardinal Health. They lack knowledge, business knowledge of folks' roles and responsibilities; degrading employees, lack of people skills, favoritism in the office. There is no employee representation; HR represents the corporation's affairs (not the employee). This pedigree of management and HR style unfortunately goes up the ladder at many levels. The 'Boys Club' keeps advancing, infiltrating, at all levels of management."

"Management overhaul - ensure managers actually have experience, gain experience in multiple departments, all the departments which they will manage, as well as, people skills. Match employees to appropriate management structure, that is, employees report to manager who knows some detail what that employee does and the job functions performed so they are able and equipped to manage that employee and provide useful feedback, training, reviews and so forth. As it is now an employee who obtains LSS black belt level, no matter how incompetent, with no management skills, no people skills, can be a manager. Especially if you are of the 'Boy's Club' network (favoritism). Management need to possess a more intimate level of business knowledge at the level they manage, be professional, and most importantly be respectful of their employees' talents."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Credit and Collections Analyst
in Woodland Hills, CA

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"It was a great company for. The leadership quality was one of the best I have worked with. I learned a great deal and was challenged mentally."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"The early morning schedule. My work schedule was for 6 am to 3 pm. It took a while for me to get used to."

"Communication is key to any leadership position. With a strong communication avenue with your employees, key company goals are easily obtained."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician
in Beltsville, MD

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Management is very involved in day-to-day tasks. They understand the amount of work and pressure put on employees, and are part of the solution. Comments about processes and problems go from them directly to corporate. I have never felt such teamwork and collaboration in such a large company."

"They are very active in their communities so highlight any volunteer work you do or ideas you've given previous employers for community service or team-building."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Employee turnover is fairly high in my department. I would give more emergency days, or more paid hours off. For the amount of stress we encounter when someone calls out, we should have a few more employees and less guilt for getting sick."

"Make sure that all of management is equal to everyone. Some reviews recently given were obviously biased and did not reflect appropriate coworkers attitudes and accomplishments."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Desktop Analyst

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"That they hold different events that donate to local charities."

"If you have any type of Customer Service experience you will be a shoe in."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"It seems like everyone here only cares about themselves and are not willing to help you out unless it will make them look better."

"I would hire more technicians to take the work load off the few that work in my section."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Specialist

"Working with Cardinal Health has been an exceptional experience."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"I like the flexibility and that we are not micromanaged. I love that we get to learn many facets of healthcare and get to act as distribution and manufacturing reps."

"Make sure you have an outgoing personality and that you are innovative and can deal with change."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"I really don't have many negative things to say about my company. Their training seems to lack but I am a self learner so I didn't mind the hands off training."

"My suggestion for management is to provide better training for all employees."

Sales Consultant
in Carlsbad, CA

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"There are many inspirational people and the collaborative work environment is rewarding."

"Network with employees in positions that you are interviewing for."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"There are limited opportunities for advancement within certain business units."

"Management should continue investing in employee development and training programs."

Vice President

"I managed all IP, prosecution, litigation, and transactional."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Nice place to work. People were great and encouraging and innovation was emphasized."

"No. Enjoy the interview. It is a good place to work."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Nothing. I loved the company and the location in San Diego."

"Keep the focus in innovation and protect as much IP as practicable."

Nuclear Pharmacist
in Nashville, TN

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Though sometimes demanding, it is a laid back atmosphere most of the time"

"Cardinal Health is a very strong company. There are many opportunities ranging from warehouse jobs to medical specialties."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"As with most businesses, there are market pressures that keep pushing us to increase efficiencies and do more with less."

"This is a large company with its irons in many different fires. The CEO must have a lot of trust in the presidents of the different branches. I can't imagine trying to run such a large and diverse operation."

Senior Market Manager
in Dublin, OH

"Cardinal Health has a very good culture and excellent employees."

What do you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Environment, co-workers, worldwide charitable contributions, facilities, makes healthcare better for everyone."

What don't you like about working at Cardinal Health?

"Compensation is not as competitive as it should be compared to the marketplace."