(based on 152 Canon Review Ratings)
Logistics Manager

"Financially Stable Company, treats employees and vendors well, great colleagues."

Field Service Engineer

"Canon is a good place to begin your career. Great people, training and moral. Although new to Canon, I have been in the industry over 30 years and was hired at an entry level technical service position. However, you can grow and learn as you develop and receive the training as you move forward."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Canon (258)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer
in Melville, NY

"I'm working here for the past 6 years and work culture is amazing."

Account Executive
in Paramus, NJ

"I’ve worked for Canon Solutions America since 2017. Being that they are such a large company they have a lot of support to help guide you down the path that you choose. They are very customer-oriented and have a very durable product that keeps customers coming back. CSA is a subsidiary of Canon Inc and has multiple locations in each state across the country. I strongly recommend this job for anyone who is looking to get into an entry level sales role."

Average Canon Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Jamesburg, NJ

"unorganized and rushed projects and deadlines"

Senior DevOps Engineer
in Melville, NY

"I worked for this company because it has strong moral and ethical values."

in Melville, NY

"I have worked at Canon for more than a year now."

in Melville, NY

"No room for growth. No guidance or direction. Constant turn-around. Favoritism and distrust. Condescending managers."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Canon Employee

"Worked there over 10 years. No room for advancement. Puts out their own magazine touting they are the best people on the block. They don't tell that many employees have 2 or more jobs. Pay stinks if you are not salaries. Inclement weather has to go to work if hourly. Back-stabbing co-workers who will make you quit or be fired. Doesn't reimburse in a timely manner. Benefits are good if you are single and without kids. Year end evaluations are a joke. Worked well into the night(2 am). Logistics is dysfunctional. Prioritize few clients over others. Managers are more concerned about their about well-being than you. Leave of absence is only granted after you use all your vacation, sick and personal days. No wireless. Network speeds are slow, and IT yells at you if you download anything over 17MB. How are we supposed to download the latest firmware? Managers have their favorites and seniority rules. Work 40 hours and pay for 37.5(2.5 hours was your unpaid lunch). Smokers ruined all the landscaping. Sales has the highest priority. They tout that they are losing money, but they have profit sharing by inputting 1% into your 401k. Managers are more concerned about garbage and recycling, which is a lie. They are so worried about part costs that they rather you spend 4 hours replacing a roller than 20 minute assembly. They tout cleanliness in their work areas, but that is a lie. Hernias are the norm. Any sign of weakness or if you need help or if you need more training is mark against you. Male-dominated culture in many departments with turf wars between bitter old men who dislikes everyone and everything."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Paramus, NJ

"Sales perspective: Great brand. Great service. Great products. Horrible order processes. There is a Staten Island cliche that at the end that stifles any real career progress (unless you're one of them). Industry is contracting. Commissions industry wide are not worth it for any seasoned sales professional. I would suggest this is a good place for a young person willing to work hard to start a sales career."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked for Canon Solutions American for 8-months when my position was terminated. The state and local government arena was owned by a local dealer, and due the rules of engagement we were not able to introduce ourselves or pursue business that might be detrimental to the dealer. Canon Solutions is a fabulous company."

LAN Administrator
in Miami, FL

"Canon Latin America relocated from Miami, FL to Long Island, NY on Set 2013, at which time I was laid off after 14 years of service."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Itasca, IL

"Canon is a great company, although I don't believe I fit well on the Japanese culture of the company."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Melville, NY

"As others as said of Canon: "Canon is the place you go to for your careers to die". In my case, as a consultant, I was not looking to "advance my career", but simply to get the job done. But, as I discovered from the very first day, and as my Manager told me succinctly about a week later, Canon IT is "Highly Dysfunctional". That is an extreme understatement. It is a classic old style "Command & Control" organizational culture with very established functional silos and managers not only jealously guarding their own turf but attempting to take over other's turf. Thus, it is rife with non-stop finger-pointing, and both managers and staff continuously anxious about making any misstep, which greatly slows the pace of the amount of real work that can be done. Management doesn't attempt to formalize or document processes or even recognize the need for processes that would greatly improve their ability to execute."

in Melville, NY

"12 - 14 hour work day, pay is not really good, Canon as a company is excellent but some managers are going totally the opposite way."