117 Burlington Coat Factory Reviews

Browse Burlington Coat Factory Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Burlington Coat Factory give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Burlington Coat Factory employees are Customer Service Managers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Store Managers with a rating of 3.9.

(based on 81 Burlington Coat Factory Review Ratings)
"Working at Burlington was a good life experience."
Posted 9 years ago in Dallas, TX
in Gainesville, GA

"First of all the managers don't care about us! They let full timers do whatever they want... and make receiving do everything they don't want to do!! They have a manager dating a receiving employee and she goes to the back every time receiving is unloading the truck, they do whatever they want, they kiss in front of people and the other managers don't tell them nothing, knowing they're not supposed to do that!! They treat people so unfair !"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Ocala, FL

"I have been working to Burlington for 2 weeks. They hired part time for 6 months and after 6 months you will be a full time employee. But many employees are quitting the job, so they will call the part time employees whenever they need you and they are expecting you to do other jobs besides cashiering, sometimes you are in charge on all the departments alone. If they want their employees to stay, they should pay more because it is not really reasonable that they overworked you and they just pay minimum wage. Also, the management is disorganized. Sometimes I don't know who are the supervisors coz I have many bosses, or should I say, they are all my boss. Imagine, you just get break 30 mins every 6 hours of working and you are constantly walking and standing the whole time!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Burlington Coat Factory (117)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is AutoAlert (5)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Premium Retail Services (13)
in Yonkers, NY

"I've worked for the company for 6 years now. I feel like it's great people to work with, good networking with co workers, very respectful adult crowd. Co workers are always on time and adjusting to new rules and regulations without having any trouble . Customers are well polite and respectful."

Organizational Development Specialist
in Florence, NJ

"I've worked for Burlington Stores for three exciting years during which we opened over 100 new stores, established a buying office in Southern California, and built a beautiful, brand-new corporate office in Florence, NJ. These large-scale organizational accomplishments, coupled with my appreciation and respect for the people I interact with daily, are what make Burlington worth writing about. Our company culture has evolved as we've grown, developing into one that genuinely values teamwork, innovative thinking, and rewarding hard work. The results of our annual associate engagement survey really speak for themselves - in most categories, our overall engagement levels have been above the retail norm. At Burlington, we are committed to delivering top brands at great values to our customers while creating a positive associate experience, and I am proud to be part of a team that is making it all happen."

Average Burlington Coat Factory Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Fort Worth, TX

"I have been with this company for 3 years."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Edgewater, NJ
in Redlands, CA

"No support from management. As an assistant manager they expect you to work seven days a week, over 12 hours a day. The budget do not match the stores. The scheduling takes hours to match what they expect and then they ask you to cut more hours last minute, every single week. On top of that they have no idea how much load we have till a day before the truck, and we send people home or scramble for people to work every single week. The store managers are hired from outside with no experience and the DM's are the worst ever. RUN RUN."

in Marietta, GA

"I worked for Burlington in 2008 to 2013. When I first started we had great management. After our original store manager transferred to a different location it became just a revolving door of managers. No advancement for employees. HR does not resolve issues; paid to keep quiet. Female store manager fired for theft. Worker comp injuries not handled at the job. Unsafe work environment. Corporate mgnt and regional staff don't care."

in Springfield, OH

"I have been working here for about a year now and I love it my managers are great and coworkers are as well. Everyone helps out to get the job done right and fast to make the customers happy."

Burlington Coat Factory Employee

"I wouldn't recommend to work in this environment due to the lack of respect to subordinates. The company doesn't provide you with the hours of labor as promised and work hours get lower by the week. Poor management; disrespect and belittle workers. There isn't space to move up in this company. Only if you become best friends with management. It's not equal opportunity. Don't believe everything that they tell you or promise you during the interviewing process; assess the situation as you go."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Hialeah, FL

"Awesome place to work. Growth opportunities are limited."

in Burlington, NJ

"Very old standards, buildings, need a great deal of strength to make it through. Have been there for about two years and leadership is mixed, CEO and EVP are fair, SVPs seem like glorified District Managers from other companies. Company works your tail off and literally screws up your family life, most weeks you're forced on the road and spend little time leading. There are a ton of great people there around peers, that was the best reason I stayed so long."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Manager
in Raleigh, NC

"I worked at Burlington for almost 1 year. Worst year ever, but from what I learned it's a decent place to work for, just not in this area. Very poor store conditions, major overhaul needed in many stores. Oh, and yes, let's not forget the all star cast that makes up their regional management team. What a joke. They are the worst, they all have a different agenda and barely have the experience required to work a drive thru line. They need 4 to do the job of 1! So sad."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Regional Merchandise Trainer
in Pasadena, CA

"I became part of the company and thought of it as my own personal family. I had 15 years of doing something I loved.Having to part has left a void. It was a great place to workand grow."

in San Bernardino, CA

"I have worked in Burlington Coat Factory DCs since 2011, I find it a challenging exciting place to work. We have been growing in the past few years which has made each year a new adventure. The executive management team is one of the most efficient I have had the opportunity to work with. They have taken all my professional input into consideration during critical business decision making, I can't speak highly enough about my experience here."