(based on 63 Bed Bath & Beyond Review Ratings)
2.6
2.7
in Union City, NJ

"I've worked at Bed Bath & Beyond for almost 2 years, and while it is a good company; they are a bit behind on the times. Right now, the corporate office just does not offer any sort of flexibility that as a new parent I need. However, I am grateful for everything that I have learned there."

in Union, NJ

"People there are very nice and very caring. Currently company is struggling."

Bed Bath & Beyond (109)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is MCI (506)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Haverty's Furniture (15)
in Layton, UT

"They say your job is to be the expert in heartfelt life experiences. However, you're given zero minutes a day to check up on issues that require follow-up, they have archaic systems, and they care more about their rules, metrics, adherence and regulations than they do about their employees. The turnover is incredible and the stress level is high. This is not a place where you can really take care of your customer unless you are a machine. You get two minutes after a call to notate and if the customer needs follow-up in the future, good luck ever reading your emails to get a resolution. You're rarely given time for customer follow-up and questioned every minute about how long you're taking This is a stressful environment that expects the impossible with all the rules and metrics you're expected to balance. Go work elsewhere where they empower you to do the job you're tasked with. I'm moving on to a place that treats you like an adult and gives you the tools necessary to actually care for its members. I'm going to miss my kind customers at BBB but the management there and the HR department are a roll of the dice. You get a good manager and it's a better experience; you get a crappy one and you're stuck in hell with no way out except finding another place to work. HR refuses to move an employee if they don't sync with their management team, despite detailed examples of unprofessional behavior. HR sides with the manager ever time; they are not concerned for the employee; they know their turnover is massive and they could not care less."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Layton, UT

"This job has been the worst experience of my 35 years as an employee. I was so optimistic about the potential here based on my recruiter and the new-employee orientation. It was false hope. They say your job is to be the expert in heartfelt life experiences. However, your given zero minutes a day to check up on issues that require follow up, they have archaic systems, and they care more about their rules, metrics, adherence and regulations than they do about their employees. The turnover is incredible and the stress level is high. This is not a place where you can really take care of your customer unless you are a machine. You get two minutes after a call to notate and if the customer needs follow up in the future, good luck ever reading your emails to get resolution. You're rarely given time for customer follow up and questioned every minute how long your taking This is a stressful environment that expects the impossible with all the rules and metrics your expected to balance. Go work elsewhere where they empower you to do the job your tasked with. I'm moving on to a place that treats you like an adult and gives you the tools necessary to actually care for their members. I'm going to miss my kind customers at BBB but the management there and the HR department are a roll of the dice. You get a good manager and it's a better experience, you get a crappy one and your stuck in hell with no way out but finding another place to work. HR refuses to move an employee if they don't sync with their management team, despite detailed examples of unprofessional behavior. HR sides with the manager ever time, they are not concerned for the employee, they know their turnover is massive and they could not care less. There is a group of managers and supervisor who form a network and if you have a problem with one of them be prepared to be treated like garbage by the entire group. It's like junior high all over again. People who were once professional and kind become na"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Average Bed Bath & Beyond Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2012 $2
in Las Vegas, NV

"Oh my! Where do I start! I can't even tell you how much I've enjoyed working at Bed Bath And Beyond! I originally started at store 422 In Henderson Nevada where I met so many amazing people! Shoutout to Tamilyn, Kevin, Mike, Mario, Laura, Mary, Jamie, Christi, Melinda, Elaine, Joe, Randy, and all the amazing people at store 422! I enjoyed waking up and going to work each day because of how amazing all of the people there are! I went through a really bad time there and those amazing people got me through it all, they never just let me do it alone, they saw me breaking and before I could even fall apart they helped fix me, thank you store 422 I love all of you! Now onto the store I'm at now, 1193, so I just transferred about a month or so ago and I like it, I'm still getting to know everyone there but so far most of the people are real nice and accepting. I haven't caught on to how the work environment is yet, but so far how I feel about it is that there's a bunch of people that love to help and answer your questions there, but there's also one or two I wouldn't even ask a question or go to them for help because of how they made me feel like a bother numerous times before. Let me tell you though, Both stores are amazing! I can't wait to see where I'll be with them years from now!"

Technology Administrator

"A fine place to work. It served as a transitional job for me. Overall I had a good experience there, but the pay could have been better."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Arizona City, AZ

"I have worked for the company for a very long time and year after year the company continues to decline. Store hours keep going down but management hours keep going up and we get no compensation. The stress level is extremely high and upper management has no clue what really goes on in the store. I would not recommend working for this company. To top it off you get 1-2 % raises each but have to put in more hours to keep up with the demand and hours being cut."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Oceanside, NY

"I've worked for Bed Bath since 2012. I've found it to be a strong company with good ethical values and an emphasis on customer retention. This particular store had an issue with gossiping and it sometimes led to irritating interactions with coworkers. It was work like any other job. If you are looking to work here I would suggest keeping your work life and private life separate, otherwise it can become a drag."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Bed Bath & Beyond Employee

"I've been here since 2007 - it's a very solid company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Palmdale, CA
in Birmingham, AL

"I've worked at Bed Bath & Beyond for 7 1/2 years, and it was a great experience when I originally started, but after 2 to 3 years in the company you find out that it's no different than any other old school management company."

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee

"I have been with the company for 4 years now. I began working at BB&B when I was 16 and honestly the only reason I'm still there is because the hours are very flexible and easily allow you to take a second job. The raises are virtually nonexistent and after two years of work I had only seen an increase of 30 cents. In order to make a rate that more accurately reflected the experience and quality of my work, my manager had to remove me from the system and effectively "rehire" me."

in Dillon, CO

"In a very short time I have learned to not look forward to going to work. I have had it with the ridiculous return policy, that outlives the actual warranty of the product. I have overheard customers make comment on how they haven't bought this or that in years. They just bring it back and get a new one. Some of the most disgusting stuff on the planet I've had to smile and return. And that stupid coupon policy. We live in an unbelievable irresponsible society and this company doesn't help."

in Salisbury, MD

"I've been working for BBB for a little over a year now, within that year I have learned a thing or two about this company. One would be that you're basically working your butt off for little pay, you may say oh well, I work my butt off at my job for little pay so what makes you different, well I'll tell you. This company has over 1,000 stores and makes millions of money but no room for improvement. No room for a pay raise. No room for hours because we are a small store."

in Roseville, CA

"I've worked for BBB for over 5 years. Contrary to what others have posted, there is plenty of room for advancement. I am proof. I started at the bottom and have my dream position now. My pay is excellent. The hard truth for most: retail is tough! Period! It is not for everyone. You have to work hard, you have to own your decisions, own your future and don't blame everyone else when you don't succeed."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5