2.6
(based on 11 Haverty's Furniture Review Ratings)
1.7
1.9
in Orlando, FL

"Work environment- cutthroat. Dead slow at many locations. Few to no customers. So slow you can take an hour snooze in the mattress department and no one will ever notice. Employees constantly being threatened by management they’ll be written up not meeting unrealistic and unattainable monthly metrics. Out of stock popular items is corporate incompetence for not knowing how to maintain their inventory to supply their customers. Company seems to be struggling financially."

Haverty's Furniture Employee

"Haverty's is a fun but annoying mess of a company."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Haverty's Furniture (14)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is MCI (506)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Haverty's Furniture (14)
in Winter Garden, FL

"Working in the office is stressful listening to numerous complaints daily from customers. Deliveries with broken furniture and no hardware frustrating customers can make for a long stressful day. Mistake working here as it can raise your blood pressure listening to customers complaints nonstop every day. Company ignores the problems and refuses to fix warehouse oversights. High turnover in warehouse and store staffing. Best to avoid working here wasting time when there are better jobs in retail paying more money."

in Winter Garden, FL

"Avoid this company like the plague. Sales are based on delivered furniture. Too bad there are more bad deliveries than good. Warehouse repairs furniture and sends them out to customers paying for new furniture. Salespeople do not get paid for their sales since manager heavily discounts damaged pieces so customer keeps them. Cleaning our warehouse from all the cheap Make in China fake leather and cheap particle board furniture."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Haverty's Furniture Ratings in the Past 2 Years

in Orlando, FL

"Havertys training resembles teaching a kindergarten class and talking to babies instead of actually coaching and training in a genuine way. We don’t use a script to sell, why are we using a script to coach? Not every customer is the same and we sell based on each customers needs... why are we training and coaching as if they are all the same!? Our employees are people and they all learn differently and trying to cookie cut our coaching to do the same with everyone is going the wrong way. Their Grow Plans are a joke since growth is determined by metrics most of the sale people can't meet. Hard workers go unnoticed while, lazy workers get rewarded with house sales given to them. Warehouse kept delivering the same flawed chairs to one customer 4 times until they canceled their entire $6500k order. Salesperson gets nothing - no pay for working hours to close a sale. Salespeople have to work every weekend , holiday and have training that could easily be done during work hours. Start with fixing the problems at warehouse and have better quality control of furniture deliver. Customers should not have to go through the hassle choosing to cancel their orders then shopping at competitors. Time is money for customers as well as sales staff. Take care of the ones that work to make Havertys a household name or go out like Levitz and Rhodes furniture."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Kissimmee, FL

"Most of the furniture Haverty sells is made in China and very low quality. Salespersons lose all commission on returns, broken furniture deliveries, money refunded customers to keep damaged furniture. Havertys Sales is ALL COMMISSION BASED EMPLOYMENT with no base pay relying on customers taking possession of furniture and keeping it. Protection Plans have to be sold with every sale or be put on record written up for their unrealistic goals, which changes yearly. Job description said it's easy to make $60,000 a year, but the truth is less than 1% make that. Average is $35,000 - $50,000 if you're lucky. Their Made in China furniture breaks apart before 5 years. Salespeople take the hit and lose the commission."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales Manager
in Orlando, FL

"Weekends in your life are over if you get into furniture sales. The Commission is usually based on a tier system, A typical work day involves meetings and then proceed to calling prospects. Management makes employees feel everyone is expendable and can easily be replaced if monthly quotas are not met. The hardest part of the job is the rejection rate and dealing with irate customers who don't understand delivery can arrive late or damaged and they cancel their entire purchase. All sales we are required to sell Guardsman warranties, a 3rd party company that does little to nothing following up with customer calls. Successful delivery of all furniture on the receipt is how salespeople make commission or you're on your way down the road to unemployment. Salesperson does not have control over delivery damage and loses sales daily. Long hours especially during holidays when bell to bell is required and 100% COMMISSION."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Kissimmee, FL

"Havertys customers are idiots asking an employee if they work on commission. YES, Havertys employees work on commission only. No other pay so when you come in to look at furniture you will never buy, just killing time cause you're bored you take a salesperson's chance away to make a living. Go to Target or Walmart and walk around if you're bored. They get an hourly paycheck and couldn't give a cr*p if you spend hours daydreaming. Havertys salespeople have a high turnover due to idiots who come in wasting time looking at furniture for a house they dream of buying in 5-10 years. These idiots really need to get a life. Furniture you see today will NOT be there in 5 years."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Sunrise, FL

"I work for them close to a year, but the company was closing down locations."

Office Assistant
in Snellville, GA

"I was with Havertys for just about 2 years. I loved my job but it wasn't my field. So it felt like work every day. And I couldn't really challenge myself. The opportunities to move up in the company were always said to be there but it was impossible to get there."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Interior Designer
in Newport News, VA

What do you like about working at Haverty's Furniture?

"Being able to meet new customers and designing dream rooms."

"It is a great opportunity to utilize your designing talents."

What don't you like about working at Haverty's Furniture?

"Working every weekend, not having an opportunity to move up, being number ones in sales and not making the money I should."

"They need to be unbiased and have a more even playing field."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Sales Associate

"Be prepared to learn how to work for a first class company and learn some great sales techniques. Make sure you understand how to close sales, there are some great sales associates with this company."

Sales Consultant
in Fort Worth, TX

"The management is very critical even to those who are top producers."

What do you like about working at Haverty's Furniture?

"Good benefits. Stable company with a long history in their business."

"Must project a positive attitude and be open to sell the way you are taught in the training program."

What don't you like about working at Haverty's Furniture?

"They don't want to change their procedures/policies to be more in tune with current market trends and want the consumers want in today's world."

"Be more encouraging to sales associates and less critical of small issues that really do not affect the business. Provide the right support in areas of cashier, customer service and delivery issues."

Warehouse Manager
in San Angelo, TX

What do you like about working at Haverty's Furniture?

"I am able to balance my personal life and work. I have known and worked with my supervisor since 1993. We get along pretty well."

"We at Havertys have a strict dress code, wear your best outfit/suit, be clean shaven and neat in appearance. Always maintain eye contact with your reviewer, Read up on what Havertys Furniture is all about."

What don't you like about working at Haverty's Furniture?

"The one draw back would be our warehouse employee salaries. Havertys is great about congradulating and recognizing its employees but it lacks in the salary area."

"Hire starting wages and performance based bonuses for our warehousemen, delivery, and service personnel."