(based on 186 Avaya Review Ratings)
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Worked at Avaya for 2 years. Superior technology but poor management. I was let go for somebody else to save face on poor planning in their channel."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Coppell, TX

"Great work and job yet company has some serious financial issues and have be laying off for past 4 years and payroll moved to once a month instead of bi-weekly. Avaya bought Nortel 4 years ago when Nortel went chapter 11. Silverlakes investments owns Avaya and the venture capitalists are requesting money from Avaya."

in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Employed at Avaya since inception in 2000. Downward spiral since then with no new innovative products for the enterprise. Just the usual re-packaging of the same thing with added bells and whistles. Management focus on cost cutting only, has thrust Avaya into the death spiral. What keeps Avaya afloat is largely the embedded base which is starting to erode with the growth of cloud based business VoIP offerings. Last but not least, the old boy network still thrives at Avaya."

in Coppell, TX

"I loved my work at Avaya and looking forward to continue in a similar position at Avaya after I graduate."

in San Antonio, TX

"Avaya Government Solutions can be a good place to work, but the management is sometimes deceptive and manipulative. They also have an absurd sick leave policy. If you're sick for more than 2.5 days per year, you have to use vacation days."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Santa Clara, CA

"I worked as a Systems Engineer intern to the sales and competitive team during the summer. I learned a lot and appreciated the professional experience I gained."

in Westminster, CO

"Good company with some bad decision makers."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Strategic Account Manager

"Overly complex business processes. Financially strained. Senior leadership completely disconnected from field. To accomplish tasks, you must escalate - everything in the company is an escalation. We have 2-5 iterations of a product - so selling is complex in navigating compatibility of your own solutions."

in Santa Clara, CA

"Executive team, egotistical and has no clue how the customers think or how they are perceived by partners."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Highlands Ranch, CO

"Heavily influenced by Key Performance Indicators which are, unfortunately, often not clearly associated with job functions outside management, and have often not been announced until well into the reporting period."

in Westminster, CO

"Avaya is in a constant state of change - between merging corporate cultures of Lucent and Nortel and migrating their physical leadership team from traditional New Jersey to new-age California, and their customer base off of hardware with some software to cloud-based SaaS systems that compete with Microsoft, Cisco and the like is a tall order. Very challenging environment."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Santa Clara, CA

"I have worked with Avaya for 4+ years now. But the company lacks in market value compensation and definitely needs more skilled recruiters.They need to retain skilled employees."

Senior Software Engineer
in Highlands Ranch, CO

"I worked at Avaya for over 10 years. What was once a promising company was driven into the ground after the Leveraged Buyout by Silverlake. Everything is short term focused. Services that customers pay money for are being cut and eliminated without telling the customers, leaving the employees on the front lines to take the hit and get screamed at. The company is in a perpetual cycle of making money by laying off as many employees every quarter as necessary to make the balance sheet look good."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Westminster, CO

"Upper management is driving the company into the ground. It used to be a great place to work. No longer. We have taken on so much debt that the company cannot afford to do future looking work."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
RICS Engineer
in Coppell, TX

"I've worked for Avaya/Nortel for over 10 years. I was dedicated to providing excellent customer service along with having in depth technical knowledge. In the past two years in a support/standby support role I was able to bring in over $300K to an organization that was not bringing in any prior revenue."