(based on 113 Yahoo Review Ratings)
"I started working here in January 2013. I have grown immensely from when I first walked through the company doors. I enjoy everything I do and the knowledge I have gained. Displaying the willingness to teach people who are willing to learn is amazing."
Posted 7 years ago in Sunnyvale, CA
Intern
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Yahoo is a great place to work, full of brilliant people, but you should still ask plenty of questions to learn about the product/department you're going in for."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo is a great place to work for and has one of the most fun-filled atmosphere compared to most big tech companies out there. The opportunities for career growth and advancement are extremely well taken care of."

"Find out the kind of products you would be involved in, and how often the particular team or division comes out with major updates to their products, and possibly how well the property integrates with the Yahoo infrastructure."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"There is an enormous amount of talent and Yahoo can become a major innovator in the arena if ideas and initiatives from all levels are given a chance to sprout. Yahoo needs better integration of ideas, concepts, API's, among various properties."

"To create more openness between various properties and always work towards solving root cause of problems which in itself would lead to the rise to unimagined but much needed solutions."

Senior Global Telecommunications Manager
in Pasadena, CA

"Beware of jobs where they require 24X7 oncall... even on vacation."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I worked with some of the brightest young people I have ever encountered in my career."

"It looks good on a resume. However, it also doesn't get you far as you would expect."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Management is too top heavy... and very defensive of their jobs."

"Listen!"

Account Manager
in Burbank, CA

"Great name, but limited room for advancement."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I enjoyed the knowledge learned about this industry."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"I did not enjoy the options available for my position. there was very little room for growth."

QA Engineer
in Burbank, CA

"A very modern management style."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like that Yahoo! is very fast pace and my co-workers are competent."

"Go for it!"

"Nothing"

Account Executive
in New York, NY

"Satisfied former employee."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Young, driven sales teams!"

"Yahoo! is a great place to gain sought after experience and gain a better understanding of working for a large corporation."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Its difficult to advance into Yahoo! from HotJobs."

"Offer career path guidance."

Senior HR Consultant
in Pasadena, CA

"This was by far the most challenging and rewarding experience I had in my career."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"This company as GoTo.com was a startup high growth company I had the opportunity to help build the company from the ground up. I loved the casual work environment, the top talent and leaders and the ability to be a part of something that is creative and innovative."

"Research and understand the company and its product or service offerings. Yahoo! thrives on talent and innovation so focus on what makes you stand out as the candidate of choice for your and focus on your key strengths, skills and accomplishments."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"The company had an average age of 28 and there were small incidents of high egos and a sense of entitlement in the ways things are done operationally which hindered creativity, performance and the achievement of business and human capital goals."

"The company has since been acquired by Yahoo! Although the company has tripled in size, it still has a creative, entrepreneurial spirit. I would suggest management to continue to inspire and engage employees through progressive HR and recruiting practices and find innovative ways to be exciting and different and be the desired company of choice."

CIO
in San Francisco, CA

"Sorry I ever took the money to go here."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I enjoy the free coffee that Yahoo! provides."

"Find a place that values you, unlike this one."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Just about everything else."

"Sell the company because you can't run it properly."

QA Consultant
in Pacific Palisades, CA

"Yahoo! is a great place to work."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like my co-workers, it's a true team environment!"

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Very management heavy with managers doing anything to save their own skin regardless of what this does to the people under them."

"Respect and trust your people instead of beating them up."

Systems Administrator

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Too many restrictions on traveling to Data Center for troubleshooting issues with multiple servers when remote technicians were very busy and didn't have time for assistance. Project deadlines were impossible to meet due to many unforeseen issues with hardware and application compatibility."

"Once a while to have sr. developers to asset compatibility between applications and hardware."

Account Specialist
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Fun atmosphere and co-workers at Yahoo!"

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Fun environment and closeness with co-workers."

"Have an energetic, hard-working attitude."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Hard to be heard sometimes in such a big company."

"Make it easier for employees to share ideas with upper management and be heard."

Search Quality Analyst
in Hayward, CA

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo! is a great company to work at."

Customer Solutions Representative

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like the freedom allowed."

"Enjoy this great oppurtunity."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"There was nothing challenging."

Search Quality Analyst
in Santa Clara, CA

"Loved it."

Visual Designer

"Great company!"

in Burbank, CA

"Fantastic place to work."