(based on 113 Yahoo Review Ratings)
"I started working here in January 2013. I have grown immensely from when I first walked through the company doors. I enjoy everything I do and the knowledge I have gained. Displaying the willingness to teach people who are willing to learn is amazing."
Posted 7 years ago in Sunnyvale, CA
Content Manager
in Santa Monica, CA

"Yahoo's reputation of trouble keeping good employees is well earned. In my case, I had a manager with poor communication skills and gave more attention to her vacations and work from home than getting the project completed."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Scrum Master

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Senior Systems Analyst
in Burbank, CA

"I worked for Yahoo for the past 14 years. Throughout this time I watched the company evolve into a much more fragmented corporation. The perks of the new CEO including free food, iPhones and new laptops were great but did not offset the constant threat of layoffs or dismissals by arbitrary rules. It is very much a good old boy network due to the stacked ranking rating system. If you are on a very high performing team, watch out. One of you must be ranked lower if another is ranked up."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I've worked for Yahoo for 3.5 years. It's a pretty good work environment, but poorly managed."

Technical Intern
in Sunnyvale, CA

"OK. But I think they should give more return offers to their interns. Interns work very hard and they are going to graduate. If there are more opportunities, interns will work hard in the company. I think my supervisor is not bad, but he should provide more opportunities to me to their team. I think overall is just ok."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Product Executive
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Yahoo has fantastic employees and infrastructure. It needed organizational changes to make use of its vast abilities and resources."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"I've worked for Yahoo for 3 years and 4 different CEOs. If you are looking for a stable company that treats employees well then Yahoo might be for you. If you are looking for a company that works efficiently, values innovation, or rewards talent then you should move on.Yahoo teams are poorly managed and employees are treated like numbers. If you don't mind being a well-paid number that can skate by under the radar then go to Yahoo. If you want to be challenged then Yahoo is not for you."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Manager
in Coral Gables, FL

"I've worked at Yahoo for 6 years and it has been the best 6 years of my life. I have been able to grow as a professional and learn quite a bit about the inter-workings of an internet company."

Service Reliability Engineer
Java Developer
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I like the work culture at Yahoo."

in Sun, LA

"Yahoo is a great place to work now with the new CEO in place. The new direction of the company along with having right tools to get your job done is awesome."

Yahoo Employee

"The world's largest start up, Yahoo is a great place to get experience. They have excellent benefits and with the new CEO, Yahoo is now a fast moving company with many high priorities. The team here is super talented and gets great work done quickly."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Sunnyvale, CA

"I have worked for Yahoo! for 18 months. The environment is exciting but chaotic. The HR leadership is inexperienced and does cause some morale issues with its employees. Overall, the exciting pace of product development makes the risk worth taking."

Network Operations Engineer
in Burbank, CA

"A very good company to work and learn from."

in Hillsboro, OR

"Constant management reorganizations lead to constant changes in management. Those changes lead to a lack of trust and no solid relationship between employees and management. As a result, management is disinterested in what their employees do on a day to day basis. The company is fantastic. The higher up you go, the less people-oriented the company becomes."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5