(based on 91 Western Digital Review Ratings)
"Western Digital is a good environment for developers because they put developers first. I never once had an issue where I felt that the higher-ups weren't treating us like "the talent". That's unique to Western Digital."
Posted 5 years ago in Irvine, CA
Western Digital Employee

"I worked at Western Digital for 5 years in the Enterprise SSD department. The group lacked direction as there were too many internal groups doing the same thing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Test Engineer
in Milpitas, CA

"I've worked for Western Digital for 2 years now and it has been nothing short of amazing. The team atmosphere is absolutely great. The technology that is being worked on is cutting edge."

Western Digital (129)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (233)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
Director

"CORE COMPETENCIES • Business Intelligence • Go-to-market Strategy • Profit Optimization • Partner Engagement • P&L management and financial forecast • Fluent in English, Chinese and Japanese for business negotiations."

Western Digital Employee

"I had worked for WDC from WDC since Jan-12019 till now. My duties improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and floor layout. Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements. Support new NPI providing DFM to RD. We had a small team but we support and back up each other as needed."

Average Western Digital Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2010 $2
Customer Success Software Engineer

"The company is a great place to work at with wonderful peers, an encouraging and motivating environment as well as a clear vision for the future."

Western Digital Employee

"Nice place to start a career at Bay."

Principal Scientist

"I've worked in Western Digital since 2015 until now. I think Western digital has quite good life-balance culture and also provide good communication channels."

Western Digital Employee

"Company is not growing, rather losing market share. In an environment of zero-negative growth, corporate politics are much worse than average."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Western Digital Employee

"I have worked with Western Digital since 2008 at Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I have learn and grow my manufacturing and engineering skills with Western Digital. Western Digital is a very strong company, it had opened up transferred opportunity for me to move to the United States to further my career."

Western Digital Employee

"I've worked for Western Digital for 1.5 years. I love the company's laid-back culture and their understanding and accommodation for life circumstances outside of the work place. The base salary is less than other companies, but the total compensation package includes up to a percentage of your base salary (% depends on experience/level) in annual bonus potential. However, since I've been there, there have been no bonus payouts."

in Mission Viejo, CA

"Western digital definitely isn't a hot new company. What you lose in industry best practices, you'll make up for instability, so long as your work is near a core product."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Fremont, CA

"• Experienced engineering leader committed to maintain cutting-edge technical skills and up-to-date industry knowledge. • Over 11 years of experience in leading analysis, design and development for various data analytics products with expertise in providing solutions for strategic role on data pipeline, visualization and communications for multiple businesses. • Ambitious senior software executive who lead teams, PMs, designing innovative communication applications and achieving high client satisfaction by working multiple stakeholders and with cross functional teams. • Self-motivated fast pace strong leader with ability to mentor and deliver analytical solutions, manage multiple businesses and build new products. Highly Strategic, collaborative, shift gears and tactic to solve business problems and operationalize analytics platform for global operations."

Senior Solutions Architect

"I worked for Western Digital for the last three years and found it to be a productive and innovative technology company."

Western Digital Employee

"I do not with to provide a review for this company."

Senior Marketing Manager

"Western Digital is a good place to work. Even a good place for a career. Its challenge for many is its size. With many large companies its hard to loose the perspective you are just part of the larger hole. As company focused on commodity hardware sales much of the focus is on cost reduction / avoidance. This is not bad in anyway however it can challenge those are more interested in doing big things. Why ? At a large company you will need to work the proper channels as well as the side channels to make big moves. 4 Stars? Its a large company its hard to move upward or outward. And again the focus is commodity hardware sales."