280 U.S. Department of Defense Reviews

Browse U.S. Department of Defense Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 200 U.S. Department of Defense Review Ratings)
"Joining the military was the best thing I have ever done. They have taught valuable skills and have taught me to appreciate everything in life. I appreciate every opportunity that has been given to me. The military has made me an exceptional hard worker and have given me the ability to adjust to any situation. Trouble shooting and attention to details is second nature to me. I love my job and love my country."
Posted 6 years ago in Anchorage, AK
in Fort Benning, GA

"I have worked for DoDea for almost a year. There is little to no room for career progression. I work Monday thru Friday remote right now. I work with children that I may have needed additional training to assist in the classroom. It is not a bad place to work but I prefer room for growth."

Seaman
in Virginia Beach, VA

"I've worked with this company since 2019 it was very exclusive to me in regards to the opportunity I was given in which I was able to explore different spectrums of the globe and learn a lot of needed skills that I could never imagine that I would learn."

in Washington, DC

"I’ve worked for the Department of Defense for over 11 years and it has been a wonderful experience."

Mechanical Engineer
in Hillsboro, OR

"Started with Pentagon-EMS on May 2013. The company specializes in making fabrication and test equipment solutions for the manufacturers of electronics. I found Pentagon-EMS a fun, low pressure place to extend my engineering skills."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5

Average U.S. Department of Defense Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Logistics Advisor

"I would recommend the US Army to any person of legal age. It is an experience that can not be matched. The discipline and comradery between equal reflect what is great about American society."

in APO, AA

"My last job as Closer with Agfirst in Columbia SC 2019 was ended due to my wife received an opportunity of a lifetime to work in Germany on May 31, 2019. I balanced the CD with the Attorney as well as the wire prior to funding. Additional duties required post-closing and clearing outstanding stipulations prior to funding."

Substitute Teacher
in Charlotte, NC

"I work as Substitute Teacher from Jan 2020 to March 2020 (Doors closed due to Pandemic) due to Mortgage Banking does not exist here in Germany. I enjoyed teaching the kids and working for the state is different than working for a company but I enjoyed the experience. I was also the assistant coach to the baseball team but that was also shut down due to Covid 19. I miss working with the Attorney, Brokers, Processors and the Customer to ensure a smooth closing experience."

Sheet Metal Mechanic

"Working for the DoD is not for everyone. As expected, it is very regimented and the path to success is well defined. Daily tasks rarely change and the people within your immediate workspace rarely change dramatically. The benefits are great, but working on military equipment is no easy task. Getting into the aviation field is challenging as most employees and potential hires have active duty service and experience working on particular pieces of equipment. There are numerous opportunities for individuals that are interested in this field, but lack the military experience, though the process is markedly longer. Overall, my time here was mostly enjoyable, but not perfect. I would absolutely return to this employer, but in a position that reflects my newly completed education level."

Cognizant Engineer
in Savage, MD

"I worked for NSA for 29 years. Overall the experience was good, but towards the end, when I had to go out on disability, the experience turned very sour. My management was not sympathetic and tried to force me out on unfavorable terms in my last office. One individual even accused me of using my condition as a crutch. I chose to take that quietly just to get out of there but I could have made a great stink with OPM over that. Anyway, ultimately I did get a good severance package and time to recover, so if you can see past the degrading treatment I guess their benefit package was a good one. And during my healthy years the work and treatment was good, so I guess they're a mixed bag."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Production Lead
in Hayward, CA

"Good management, good benefits too. Flexible working hours, no stress and no pressure if you have done your part."

Information Security Specialist
in Maryland City, MD

"The federal sector is different from the private sector in which you are given more autonomy to in executing your job functions. More often you are not given any specialized training, but required to figure out the job and get it done. As with any job, there are pros and cons. Some environments are conducive of getting the work performed while others can be a challenge."

in Arlington, VA

"As a new employee you are put in a sink or swim position. Coworkers are helpful an do their best to help. Management is very unsupported. the attitude is mission first but staff is expendable. would not recommend working here unless you have a military mindset."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Washington, DC

"I learned how to apply applicable skils to digital content creation and to my role as a public affairs specialist."

in Camp Lejeune, NC

"Completing a 25-year career in the military, I am extremely proud to have served this nation at home and abroad. I have worked with some of the greatest Americans no one will ever know."

SME
in Arlington, VA

"Plenty of contracts if you are not already a government civilian employee."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5