(based on 26 United Rentals Review Ratings)
Outside Sales Representative
in Von Ormy, TX

"Good company at the surface and somewhat underneath however mid to upper management tend to be disconnected and unnervingly misguided and inauthentic. No true thought or courtesy is given to those that have been with the company for some time and may be able to lend a helpful bit of information when making decisions that affect the branch alone. The mindset is that if you have made it to management you no longer have anything to learn from those underneath you."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in San Antonio, TX

"I’ve worked with United Rentals since February 2017. Our branch works in the oil field, municipal, construction, mining and water filtration vertical industries. When I started I was the only field sales rep they had. The branch went from making $300,000 to $600,000 within 6 months. They then hired and divided the area. Once the branch was making $1.2m a year later, they bought Baker Corp which added another rep to the mix. Since then the branch has increased to $1.5m and they’ve added 2 more reps, for a total of 5 today. I feel like the company has never looked out for me personally and has given my success away. Our business consists of fluids transfer, storage and filtration. There’s a lot of moving parts to the services we provide and long, hard hours for our technicians and inside personnel. Consequently, there has been a lot of turnover and upset customers due to equipment failure. We are constantly putting out fires, apologizing to our customers and issuing credits to retain the business we have. The company has also cut my area to a point where the only verticals are oilfield and small municipalities. There has been a lot of competition enter our market who can offer much lower rates and are in close proximity to the oilfield. United must maintain higher rates due to high overhead and shareholders. Customers are also purchasing owned equipment driving demand down as well. In short, my goal is to find a company that appreciates and rewards hard work and success"

United Rentals (58)

4.1 Highest Rated in this Industry is Sunbelt Rentals (19)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Avis Budget Group (46)
in Liberty Hill, TX

"Excellent company with amazing benefits and room for growth."

United Rentals Employee

"I have worked at United Rentals for 7 years. I am at the top of my field and am open the new opportunities."

Average United Rentals Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
in White River Junction, VT

"Well let's talk about the most unprofessional companies out there! Who tops the list?? The White River Junction VT branch of this company! After almost a year of my husband struggling to acquire employment with this company they not only failed to notify him of his non-acceptance but you'll love the reasons!! With almost 30 years spent behind the wheel of a tractor trailer having hauled hazardous materials safely and efficiently for all of those years they chose to pass him up. Why do you ask? The manager decided that the company would be better suited to hire a driver for the position that was young with virtually no driving history. He chose to hire this individual because he "could pay the young guy less money". Now I know that sometimes job positions pass you up, and that's just the luck of the draw. In September 2015 the manager told my husband he had a driver position opening up and he wanted my husband to fill that spot. It is no wonder that the world is as corrupt as it is when management of companies like this not only deliberately and cold heartedly fill people with false hope only to stab people in the back with not even a reply email after having sent at least a dozen inquiring as to the status of his application. I advise you folks stay away from this company at all costs!"

in Maypearl, TX

"Some United Rentals branches have more maintenance personnel than required. Other branches go understaffed for years. This is based on the flawed business metric they continue to use as a cookie cutter model for every branch. Branches with large ariel equipment have a lot of mechanics and less equipment because the equipment is worth a lot of money. Mechanics at other branches are few in numbers (sometimes only 2 or 3) but have hundreds of pieces of less valuable equipment to maintain. These branches can't afford to hire personnel in lower paying job titles so the mechanics are then used as equipment associates & customer service - not preforming what they were hired to do. Which results in equipment not getting fixed in a timely manner."

in Olathe, KS

"It was a good company to work for with good benefits."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Sales Representative
in Las Vegas, NV

"Very hard to move up in the company unless you are friends with upper management."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Inside Sales Representative
in Amarillo, TX

"no room for advancment"

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"The people and customer make my job exciting. Helping people"

"Ask more questions when applying. make sure that you get everything in writing."

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"The company does not have any trainings to help new hires."

"For management to pay more attention to their employees. Help"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Outside Sales Representative
in Danbury, CT

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"ability to work on my own and good earning potential"

"be disiplined enough to create your own work schedule weekly"

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"management not familiar w/ customer base, not in touch with territory"

"I do not feel it's my place to direct management"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Director of HR
in Gilbert, AZ

"Good Place to Work"

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"Ability to make a difference for internal and external customers"

"Be honest and genuine. Trust your instincts and ask questions about future of company"

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"Uncertainty associated with merger and creating business strategy for the future"

"Build a strategic plan to address the employee engagement survey concerns in a timely fashion and then execute"

Credit Services Representative
in Charlotte, NC

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"I like the independence, the location and hours. I enjoy the people that I work with"

"Just be yourself, answer honestly, show the interviewer why you should be considered for the position"

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"There is no room for advancement at this time. I would like to help other in a supervisory capacity"

"I suggest listening to your employees, also having a open door policy. Open communication is key"

Territory Account Manager
in San Francisco, CA

"Something to be desired."

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"I like that I am comfortable within the industry I work in. I also like that I have a company vehicle, procurement card, and benefits."

"With United Focus on raising rates, and finding new deals."

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"I don't like the impersonal way United asks us to go about running our business. I constantly defending changing company policy that taxes my relationships"

"Value relationship driven business, instead of the single transaction. Realize that continued business is key to being successful in my industry."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Technician
in La Porte, TX

"great company to work for the bosses take care of the employees"

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"Boss listen to the shop's needs work at a steady pace no one breathing down your neck comfortable enviroment excellent managment n foremans"

"Be truthful come in with a positive attitude be a team playern ready to work all day you'll always have a job if you do what you.soppost to do the machines never stopflowing in."

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"Sales and counter people are in desperate need of filling equipment rentals with units that aren't ready yet."

"None bosses are taking care of business n employees atleast at my branch they are"

Credit Manager
in Modesto, CA

"I enjoy the challenges and opportunity to work with a great staff."

What do you like about working at United Rentals?

"The company is well known within the industry and has excellent benefits."

What don't you like about working at United Rentals?

"There have been many changes that don't seem to make sense to me."

"Continue to keep employees in mind when making decisions that affect the company and the employee."