On average, employees at Subway give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Subway employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Managers with a rating of 4.1.

(based on 84 Subway Review Ratings)
"I worked at Subway for 6 years. The people I worked with, the people I helped and the experience I gained were invaluable and helped mold me into the person I am today."
Posted 3 years ago in Neillsville, WI
in Dublin, OH

"PROS As a customer who regularly buys Subway at this location, the food is fresh. Customer service is also good. It's always clean and presentable. As an employee - no pros that I can think of. CONS I was fired after only 2 days (7 hours total) because I did not know everything I was EXPECTED to know. I was never trained. I was never taught anything. They simply hired me without giving me a fixed schedule and threw me in completely disoriented. I was constantly yelled at by the boss for doing things wrong, despite me reassuring her that it was my FIRST time doing said task. Also, the language barrier with my coworkers posed a difficulty for me learning anything because my questions would never be answered. The boss seemed irritated and impatient whenever I came to her with a question. Nothing was labelled and I was expected to know what buttons to press on the speed oven and what was in all the boxes. I had to blindly navigate my way through everything. ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT When you have a NEW employee, please assign them someone to shadow for the duration of the training period. Also, if there is any material to learn, please allow them the allotted time to actually LEARN it! Management should make sure that a new employee has someone to TRAIN with at ALL TIMES during the allotted training period. Humiliating new employees and showing them frustration will only discourage them and make them feel useless. Management should be PATIENT with new employees and encourage them during the training process, not shove them out of the way if they don't perform to THEIR standards. That is not management, that is BULLYING."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Santa Maria, CA

"Subway is a great place to start working and gain customer service experience, although it's not for the weak. You gotta hang in there. I've worked there for 2 years."

Subway (124)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Caltrans (24)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Alchemy Communications (11)
in Omaha, NE

"It's s great place to stop in at any time of the day. They will provide a great setting for a family."

in Chandler, AZ

"I'm pretty good with my manager in the sense of communication. They listen to what I have to say and try to help me to the best of their ability. Literally cannot stand most the people I have to work with though, so much complaining and spreading rumors and making false accusations behind your back to the manager. Probably the most stressful thing about working there."

Average Subway Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Barstow, CA

"I've worked for sSubway for six years. It is a good company and has room to climb up the corporate ladder if you have what it takes."

in Elliston, VA

"I worked at Subway for a few months, As far as the store itself it was a less than happy experience but, working there in itself, having a job where I was able to service people with food or anything for that matter was amazing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Dundee, MI

"Working here was like reliving high school all over again. Rumors and drama. The job itself was easy and I loved working with customers, but management is a different story."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Sandwich Artist
in Southport, NC

"There is little to no training (less than 1 hour). Compensation is right at minimum wage. High turnover and little supervision, where most of your employees are high school children. Being someone's first job ever you can't expect them to know everything within a few days. Give children the tools to succeed not break them down!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Subway Employee

"When I first started, I LOVED my job. My boss always told me how good of a job I did, I even got promoted very quickly. After one of the girls became assistant manager, everything changed. I continued my hard work but no matter what, I would get written up. Over little things (forgot to sweep behind trash can). My hours also went for 25ish a week to 10 a week after the assistant manager was promoted."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Manager
in Ukiah, CA

"Subway has over 50,000 restaurants worldwide with a great system in place especially when it comes to marketing their product. They invest in their franchisees to be successful in order to be a successful company overall. I had a great experience talking to employees and customers on regular liaison acting as a liaison between Subway and Customers."

in Milford, CT

"When working at Subway headquarters it had its pros and cons and I recommend to deeply reconsider working here if there are other options."

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"It's not the supervisor or the owner that's to be reviewed. It's actually the brand itself, Subway corporate are filled with people that don't really care about their franchisees, bleed money out of franchisees pockets and don't address franchisee concerns. Owning a franchise is stressful due to landlord issues, maintenance costs, rising food and labor costs, and utilities cost. It's hard to make money and there's no way out if you want to shut the franchise down, corporate won't let you."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Sandwich Artist
in Santa Ana, CA

"I have worked for Subway for more than two years, I believe it is a good place to start out and gain experience."

in Lathrop, CA

"I enjoyed working here. The customers were usually friendly, but there will be the one customer who would ruin your day. They did not come that often though. I enjoyed working with people and the staff is always helpful."

Shift Leader