88 Southern California Edison Reviews

Browse Southern California Edison Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 62 Southern California Edison Review Ratings)
"I worked for SCE for 7+ years and enjoyed every moment of it! Was given opportunity for advancement and further learning. Will really miss working for Southern CA Edison. Throughout my career I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range of professional functions, which are clearly illustrated by my past successes. I hope to find another company as great as Southern CA Edison to work for in the near future."
Posted 7 years ago in San Clemente, CA
Project Lead
Senior Systems Analyst

"My supervisors were misled by other workers and they paid for it later."

Corporate Communications Manager

"A sad, dreary place to work."

Mapper

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Everything, it's just a terrific place to be and everybody knows everybody, and we were always happy."

Executive Director

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Their portfolio of assets and their committment to procuring energy."

What don't you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Some of Sr Mgmt did not follow the core values set up by the company and were quite frankly a hypocritical culture."

"Do as you say you will do and recognize that diversity in the work place is a good thing. By diversity I mean, outside the state of California."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.1 / 5
Office Manager

"Company has improved a lot and perhaps this review needs to be changed for the better."

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Challenges amongst employees who tried so hard to do their best on behalf of the company."

What don't you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Internal destructive decisions which employees had no control of. When Edison decided to sell their plants and buy energy from elsewhere."

"To work as a Team and contribute towards the same purpose that every employee struggles to achieve."

Business Systems Analyst

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Great people and I learned a lot"

Senior Business Analyst

"good work balance"

"slow process"

"speed up process"

Nuclear Plant Equipment Operator

"Great place to work if work is all you want to do."

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"The job was pretty rewarding."

What don't you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"I was working rotating shift work."

"They need to remove some of the dead wood"

Supply Chain Intern
in Long Beach, CA

"Slow pace environment due to size of the company."

Senior Financial Analyst

"Current contract position"

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Devloping new reporting tools and improving processes."

Customer Service Representative
in Long Beach, CA

"Great company"

"The company was secure"

"Be prepared to work swing or graveyard and never see your family."

What don't you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"The swing shift in the call center was not my cup of tea"

"More daytime shifts available to employees. After 2 years, I still did not have enough seniority to pick a daytime shift."

Southern California Edison Employee
in Irwindale, CA

"SoCal only so cool."

"Colleagues"

"Get very specific job description and timeline on growth responsibilities"

What don't you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Not good feedback on performance"

"Identify more with subordinatesClearly communicate expectations"

Tactical Response Officer
in San Clemente, CA

"I love Edison, but Edison didn't love me back :("

What do you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"The pay and benefits were amazing I loved working for SCE."

"Watch your back and always make sure if you take a Temp Work Assignment to have your old position saved for you!"

What don't you like about working at Southern California Edison?

"Working for Security was great. Everyone treated each other well and took care of one another. I have a degree in Communications and was looking to advance in the company. When I went on a TWA to Corporate Services my supervisor created a horrible hostile work environment from my first day of employment telling me weekly that she could cancel my contract for any reason and I would be fired because security wasn't holding my position. I was miserable and trying to get out of Corporate Services and back down to SONGS, searching the JOIS board everyday. I was fired over a situation with a gentleman who was pretending to be a Medal of Honor winner. Being a former Marine (10 years) it was an important issue to bring up to my superiors and I really wish they had supported me on it, I was really disappointed that Edison didn't back me up against my manager. I had worked for Edison for 4 years, was a Horton Award recipient, and loved the company but was dismissed like yesterdays garbage. That man is now serving 5 years in jail for fraud, after embarrassing an entire community. I was told that I made my guest feel uncomfortable and didn't get the big picture. I think Edison missed the big picture. I was told that I would be able to continue with the JOIS process for 4 jobs I had applied for, but was never selected for an interview. I was then told my Human Resources that I wasn't welcomed back to Edison when I applied as a new employee on the website. It was very disappointing. I had many attorneys who wanted to represent me in a case against the company because of all the press attention. However, my husband has a wonderful career with Edison and I didn't trust that he would not experience fall out because of it. Additionally, I loved Edison and didn't want to sue, I just wanted a job with Edison again. On a side note, when the news story came out on TV, radio and newspaper, I had two former Corporate Services employees who called me and said that they had the same horrible experience with the same supervisor, one was out on a disability due to workplace stress! They both wanted to help me if I wanted to sue."

"Look into the Corporate Services Department. The supervisor creates a hostile work environment. Good hardworking employees work there for YEARS because they can't get out for some reason. They apply to other Business Units and few ever get chosen or out of the department. Additionally, the Corporate Services Reps get RIDICULOUS salaries for jobs that executive assistant's and employee committees could do with some training. They justify their existence with the BIG CREEK off-site tours. They use rate payer monies with the justification that they are educational This money is absolutely necessary and sustains the departments annual budget. But the Big Creek program is nothing more than an old boys Public Affairs network for freebie vacations to community officials and public servants. I only saw one educational trip in the year I was there. The same people go up year after year and they scramble to fill trips by taking person's such as the one I was fired over; who are in no means quality individuals. Edison could save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year by getting rid of the Corporate Services department."

Financial Services Representative
in Irwindale, CA

"It was a great place to learn financials and meet great customers."