Career Menu

1,631 Sales Manager Reviews

Sales Managers give their job an average rating of 3.7 out of 5.0. The Sales Managers happiest with their jobs are employed by Embassy Suites with an average rating of 0.0 while the Sales Managers least happy with their jobs work for StoneMor Partners with an average rating of 1.0.

Submit a Review
"I love consulting with a client, finding solutions to their problems, and building that relationship. When a client calls and asks for your recommendation and pursues that recommendation just because you recommend it, that shows that you have done your job and have gained the trust of that individual. It is even more rewarding when the sales people that you have nurtured start receiving the same type of phone calls. You know that you have provided them with the tools to succeed."
Posted 5 years ago in Wilmington, NC
Sales Manager at Florence Filter
in Compton, CA

"Love- working with sales reps and helping them grow and realize their full potential. Hate- people who whine about there job because they want to not do their job."

Sales Manager at Haverty's Furniture
in Orlando, FL

"The sales manager title looks good on resume for future job opportunities. Since it is 100% Commission I should be able to take days off when I want without pay. Not enough vacation for the long work hours. High turnover of sales staff puts sales managers in position to work extra days for coverage on sales floor without additional compensation. Difficult to move up to upper management positions, which can take years and relocating several times."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales Manager at Cellularum
in Atlantic City, NJ

"I don't have anything to hate about sales manager, I know I am good with my coworkers and they are happy to work with me. And I've been nice and gentlemanly with my all coworkers. And make my boss happy for her business."

Sales Manager at Hoover Pumping Systems
in Pompano Beach, FL

"Hard when someone who works for us fails to succeed, which is rare but happens now and then. Great sense of accomplishment and pride when we help customers and they appreciate our quality products and great service."

Sales Manager at Financial Design Associates
in Jacksonville, FL

"I love the freedom and flexibility to create, train, develop, and provide ongoing support to my team. I have the ability to run my personal operation very independently, but I am never alone."

Sales Manager at Adams Outdoor Advertising
in Charlotte, NC

"I love guiding people with my expertise, sadly to make it at Adams, you need to "drink the kool aide""

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales Manager at Intelligrated
in Saint Louis, MO

"Highest price all the time."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Sales Manager at Insight Global
in Kansas City, MO

"I love developing the career of another individual, aside from my own. I get to do that daily with being a Sales Manager. I see the fruits of my labor, as much as that person(s), and it's a very rewarding experience. I hate seeing someone leave. What we do is hard and it's not for everyone. Those are the toughest moments of the job."

Sales Manager at Birla Institute of Technology and Science
in Othello, WA

"Meeting new people and new product introducing and relations."

Sales Manager at Tektivity
in Cedar Rapids, IA

"I love helping people succeed. I also love having people take me on appointments, because I am so good in front of customers. I did not like how upper management was very slow to adapt to my innovations and creativity. Once they came around our success accelerated, but it was frustrating getting management on board."

Sales Manager at Innovend Partners
in Beachwood, OH

"Limitless opportunities for growth and support of a diverse team environment."

Sales Manager at The Great Indoors

"Helping our customer enjoy their time with us, and developing my team to be able to offer the best service we could."

Sales Manager at Advance Auto Parts

"Better opportunities and benefits. I love being a team player and good customer server."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Sales Manager at Fábrica de Jabón La Corona
in Mexico, MO

"I was happy working there, It is a great company and I was developing my skills, I just needed a change of life and looking for more career growth and growth salary too. It is a family company, so the main positions are already given to their relatives and siblings, so it's hard to get a director position because of their system. Which in part I think is ok, but also it depends on what you want, a career or a good job."

Sales Manager at NutriAg
in Toronto, ON

"As a sales manager always I'm so enthusiastic to build teamwork with common goals. I always see my job as a great opportunity for growth!"

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created