40 AT&T Sales Manager Reviews

Browse AT&T Reviews by Job Title →

Sales Managers at AT&T give their company a 3.8 out of 5.0, while the average rating for AT&T is 3.9, making them 3% less happy than every other employee at AT&T and just as happy as every other Sales Manager on CareerBliss - the happiest Sales Managers work for Embassy Suites.

(based on 26 Sales Manager Review Ratings)
in San Francisco, CA

"AT&T was an amazing organization but had limited growth opportunities. I am in good terms with many staff but they’ve experienced significant churn and these individuals I reported to are no longer with the company."

in Pleasanton, CA

"I've worked for AT&T for over 6 years. I've found the company to be customer centric and relies on a strong team to successfully operate on a daily basis. The company cares about the success of their staff, the success of their company and the smiles of the customers."

Average Sales Manager Ratings in the Past 11 Years

2013 $2
2019 $4
2020 $4
Sales Manager

"Yes, it’s a great place! Try it yourself."

in Portland, OR

"ATT is a fast paced work place , that is ever-changing with policies and demands. The pay once in the manager role is worth it but the demands of selling a dying product like Directv is not the favorite of the reps."

Average AT&T Attributes by Sales Manager

Sales Manager

"I worked there for 2 years and it did not allow workers to be promoted based on job performance. It was based on popularity. It also was working with very young experienced sales force. Was not a good fit for me however I do believe that I could have found a better job that fit my experience better. I would recommend this company however not the retail locations. Their commission structure was not easy to understand and was always changing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Kirkwood, MO

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I only liked the people and benefits. That's it, nothing else is positive."

"Don't work there if you're not Christian or aren't originally from the United States."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Not treating all employees equally."

"Treat all employees equally, regardless of origin, race or religion."

in Brooklyn, NY

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I enjoyed achieving a goal and accomplishing impressive metrics. Also, the health benefits."

"Dress well. Be impressive. Use external tools to gain information, and not just on the iPhone. In NYC, you are seen by an interviewer who asks you some standard questions. If you don't pass the assessment test, you won't be getting a call. After the initial interview, you may or may not be sent to a store to be interviewed again. The second interview is mainly a conversation and a visual check to see if you can blend in with the team in the store. Personality is everything. Strong sales passion and customer-caring facial expressions are key."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"The NYC director cannot perform her job without stealing ideas from other people. She is threatened by other females, especially those of color or of similar ethnicity. If anyone (male or female, but mainly store managers) exhibits common sense or asks her a challenging question during meetings, she offers to get back to them but never does. Instead, she forces the Area Manager to find any flaw within the goals and forces the manager out of the store or pressures them to quit. Don't bother calling H.R., either. If you file a complaint as a manager, it goes to La La Land."

"Don't rely on the Director for information. Complete your research and have the ability to assess each store and store manager and set realistic plans to increase metrics. One-track talk on improving sales doesn't work in different zip codes."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Texarkana, TX

"It was, overall, a good experience."

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"It was mostly a very laid-back, stress-free environment."

"Study the company before interviewing. Make sure to know all of the things that AT&T has to offer, and ASK QUESTIONS."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"There was very little opportunity for growth. I was in a management position, but the odds of me moving any higher within the company were very small."

"Work hard and hire good, trustworthy employees. This will make for a nice working environment."

Sales Manager

"Great experience, but bad salary policy."

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"Great company and great people to work with. Excellent work environment and great leaders in charge of operation."

"Be ready to work. Be professional, dedicated and ready to learn from your leaders."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"The company's salary policy was inadequate. Lack of seniority served as a punishment for newer employees - they were often assumed to be unproven and unproductive."

"Revise your salary policy, as the company is losing invaluable employees in the market place."

What do you like about working at AT&T?

"I liked both the products and the face-to-face interactions with customers."

"Make sure you want to stay in the company long-term, or you won't really get any benefits."

What don't you like about working at AT&T?

"Some managers micomanage too much, making it difficult to be creative."

"I wouldn't change the commission structure. The new one makes it difficult for employees to make money."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5