On average, employees at Rotech Healthcare give their company a 2.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 27% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Rotech Healthcare employees are Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 2.8.

(based on 6 Rotech Healthcare Review Ratings)
2.7
2.5
2.2
2.7
Customer Service Specialist
in Orlando, FL

"The work is easy but the environment is difficult. Supervisors have favorites and bend the rules for them. The HR manager is rude and uncaring, quick to put the blame on you even if you've done nothing wrong. Some coworkers are trouble makers who make up lies."

Rotech Healthcare Employee
in Orlando, FL

"I have worked for this company for 5 years. There has been a consistent decline in products, patient care and management. This company has restructured at least 4 times. The upper management has little to no sales experience, making it a very ops heavy company. For someone in sales this is not the company for you. There is no support for sales, the marketing material is extremely dated compared to competitors. The first thing that is cut is promotional spending. You have to spend money to make money. There are too many employees holding positions they have no business holding. This company loves conference calls and spreadsheets. There is a clear disconnect when it comes to the corporate expectations and what's realistic at a local level. My experience with this company has been a complete disappointment. They will not survive their competition unless they have sales savvy upper management willing to raise their hand on behalf of the sales force. You cannot expect to grow if you take away every tool and resource a sales force needs to promote your products and services."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Rotech Healthcare (15)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is LHC Group (8)
Rotech Healthcare Employee
in Carson City, NV

"I have been employed with Rotech since 2013. They are a national provider of home medical and respiratory equipment serving both large metropolitan cities and rural communities. Rotech strives to be a respected provider and values their customers and employees. They have approximately 400 locations operating in the United States."

Repair Technician
in Windsor, CT

"I really enjoy the work that I do, and the local employees, it's corporate that I have a problem with. The poor decisions and lack of training make it very difficult to work for this company."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Average Rotech Healthcare Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2012 $2
Area Manager
in Waco, TX

"The experience with patients was the best I could ask for"

What do you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"I enjoyed helping the patients and giving the best patient care that they could receive."

"Be prepared to travel and this is not a job for someone with a family"

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"There is a lack of patient care and more about profit"

"Improve the patient care and help to the medical staff giving the care"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Fort Collins, CO

What do you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"autonomy, continuity of services demanded, helping people, medical field, base plus commission plus bonus and expenses"

"keep an open mind, remember every company has its quirks, corporate red tape will get supercede in many cases,"

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"no accountability for certain departments, billing issues and timely turn around with paperwork processing"

"hold departments more accountable. put check and balance systems in place on the local levels"

Sales Representative

"This company had a high turn-over with its employees making it difficult to sell its services."

Sales Representative

"Company needs to support sales."

What do you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"I really enjoyed building relationships with my referral sources and the company's strong encouragement to do so."

"No because there was no real consistency to the company to help someone else have an advantage."

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"Rotech required a lot of reports that required more time in the office than in the field which made it difficult to maintain relationships with referrals sources and be available for them. Rotech restructured at least once a year which would mean someone was losing their job on a regular basis so there was no real faith in our company by the employees and this affected referrals as well."

"Upper management needed to spend more time getting to know the positions that they managed. Management had little to no experience in the fields they managed."

Sales Specialist
in Lakewood, CO

"not stimulating enough mentally;delivered and served too many lunches to offices"

What do you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"relationships I made and developed"

"must be very independent"

"not challenging enough"

"more involved"

Account Manager
in Lakeland, FL

"terrible company wise and moraly"

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"if you like to be micro managed...also I was pregnant and put on medical bedrest..child born prematurly..was told if I did not return in 12 weeks I would be fired. I was on leave without pay. Sure enough I was written up and let go and my expenses were never reimbursed..should have sued..not to mention in my area they have a horrible reputation"

Sales and Marketing Representative

"Good, but could have given better explanations"

What do you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"I traveled throughout many state and had a chance to train new hires which was very rewarding."

"Treating their employees equally and not having so many favorites"

Patient Care Coordinator
in Pasadena, CA

"I think it is a fair review"

"Helping the patients"

"Be willing to give more than you get!"

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"Not enough quality Managers to handle daily operations. Training was too must show not enough substance."

"Managers need more time with customers and reps less time politicing."

in Belleville, IL

"Could have been a great job."

What do you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"It was a challenging environment with lots of opportunity and potential."

"Keep your resume updated and don't ever pass up another opportunity."

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"The company was not managed very well at the top and the executives attempted to micro-manage at every level. They also kept changing the commission structure on the fly so there was not a lot of confidence among the sales people."

"Pay your employees better and let them do their jobs. If they succeed, reward them, and if they struggle, train them."

Regional Manager
in North East, PA

"Micro managers at their best"

"Compensation"

What don't you like about working at Rotech Healthcare?

"Lack of control of your own region. Terrible pateint care."

"Focus on the strengths of the individuals who work for you. No cookie cutter approach."