12 Pacific Dental Services Reviews

Browse Pacific Dental Services Reviews by Job Title →
1.8
(based on 8 Pacific Dental Services Review Ratings)
1.6
1.4
2.3
2.5
1.6
1.9
in Fenton, MO

"Unethical, the area in St Louis is run by a snake. He has no clue how to run the region. Will tell you anything you want to hear. Blames everything on everyone else but himself. People are constantly criticized, and when he is confronted on issues, he cowers. Tried to call him on multiple occasions, he never answers. Tried to email him, never answers. Only when upper management gets involved he comes sliming his way back. People are used like cattle, they will push you around to all the offices to fill in for the fleeing staff due to the treatment. The dentists are told to sell, sell, sell. They have no care about the patients or the ethics of working in health care. They try to sway dental decisions, which is wildly illegal, but if you want to keep them happy you gotta turn anthills into mountains. They will only use the cheapest labs to save overhead. Quality is not their concern, it is quantity. They will pretend their is an ownership track. What a joke. They say how well the owners' doctors do, what they don't say is how many offices they need to own. If you have any dental economics, you can have one office and earn twice the amount of an owner doctor in half the time. They are trying to open so many offices, they can't keep up with staffing (as they are also fleeing). They forget about the offices they just opened and will tear apart teams to keep offices that just opened running. The management team is run by people who have no idea what they are doing and have come from Arby's. Their specialist teams are run by high school drop-outs on power trips. Doctors have no say. You are an employee. They need you for your license. You are being ripped off. They do not pay you for X rays or cleanings under your license. BUT if something goes wrong, they will throw you and your license under the bus. That same 300K+ license you earned and spent at least 8 years earning."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Pacific Dental Services Employee

"I worked for PDS for one year and it was the worst experience. I did learn a lot so I would not take it back, but I would never recommend them to even my worst enemy. They expect you to work a million hours a week and sacrifice your ethics and morals to make them a buck. The top executives and regional partners do not give a damn about anyone in the company but themselves. They will step on anyone's feet to get to the top. The doctors do not care about their patients. Instead of viewing them as people, they view them as walking talking dollar signs. They try to mask the fact that they are a money hungry corporation by doing a lot of community events and outreach, but this is just an illusion. Do not work there, take my advice."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

1.8
Pacific Dental Services (12)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Pacific Dental Services (12)
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked only 8 months for PDS after being fired due to the lack of training I was given. No matter how many emails, or requests for proper training it was never given and I got blamed for being placed into a failing office and expected to get the production up to company standards with no proper training. My Regional Manager even screwed up our Nov productions and wrote me up two weeks later to cover her mistake. I let Human Resources know and nothing was done but me being fired a month later. Also if a family member works for your office and their family member is upper management you are NOT allowed to write them up. So they can screw up left and right, you will be blamed and eventually fired because of it. This company is a joke, period, all the negative review are not disgruntle employees at all they are people who thought they get good training but instead lied too and either quite or get fired because they question why things are done totally differently from when they are interviewing you. You are told at orientation to write a positive review to wash out the negative ones. Yes that is a big red flag because a truly good company would not ask you to do that. Do not believe all the GOD talk about this company they are the DEVIL and will over work you and do not care just as long as they see the bottom line MONEY."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sacramento, CA

"I have discovered that this a poor company to work for. They are unethical in every aspect and sacrifice patient care for pure profits. Their practices (billing) towards insurance are suspiciously illegal."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Pacific Dental Services Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2013 $1
Associate Dentist
in Riverside, CA

"Dentists here at the bottom of the totem pole!"

What do you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"The weekends away from them. I can't think of anything else."

"Don't do it unless you are about to lose your home and have absolutely no food."

What don't you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"No job security, total abuse and exploitation of dentistry and dentists, CEREC abuse, benefits, management absolutely stinks."

"Let the dentists do the dentistry and stop calling patients opportunities."

HR Representative

"They did not treat their employees well and only cared about themselves"

What do you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"they are unorganized and their management are very unprofessional and did not have any career advancement"

"do not interview with them. They are a waste of time"

What don't you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"Management does not treat the employees well and the benefits are not great"

"hire better management that care about their employees and have career advancement"

Associate Dentist

"Experience was eye opening."

What do you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"Free CE courses, exposure to new technology, autonomy to treat patients according to your own treatment plan"

"Go look for a private practice. This company does not treat it's dentists right."

What don't you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"Much better places to work as an associate dentist. They push you to sell unnecessary dentistry and have mid-level managers with a high school education telling you how you should do your job. Poor compensation. Nothing like the private practice they pretend to be. You will be pushed to do the dentistry they believe in, not what you believe in or have been educated to perform. Pay is very low for associates."

"Stop taking cut-rate insurance plans. Treat your associate dos with more respect. Stop forcing CEREC down their throats"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Receptionist
in Santee, CA

What do you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"I am very Busy. The time goes by fast. I never get bord. I realy like the doctors in my office."

"This company's pay is the lower of the industry. They promise things they don't plan on giving. Get it all in writing and follow up."

What don't you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"They hire Managers with no dental experiance. It makes it hard for everyone if the manager they hired is a control freak"

"Give reviews in a timely manner. I recieved one review after two years only because I asked multiple times intil I recieved one.I was told at 3 months I would recieve my first review and that never happend. Then every 6 months. That never heppend either."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Operations Manager

"Great company model. It depends on the people carrying out the model."

Dental Practice Manager

"Be honest and let them know what best in you that they can utilized and be used by them."

What don't you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"Big company overwhelming with everything but very organized especially from the training and education areas to the Corporate management down fall is how every offices were run into.The Upper mgt. not only concentrate on numbers and figures but also the fast turn over of worker's employees mostly in so many off."

"also see the needs first of your own employees and help them be where they are supposed to be and as you cultivate them give them the respect the trust that they deserved. Each one have been trained real well and heavily spent for to be educated to be molded to what they should go so why not keep an eye on them see they are succeding in their goals by allowing them learn in the right place where they are being sent.Evry Offices have too much emotions maybe it is best that when every employee embarks and started to this world that emotions and so much attitudes must not run the Offices but run it with true meaning of it.Patient firstand every employees must exert not only their efforts to the fullest but be a true hard working person or employee with true humility.The one on top must be the true model the one must posses true Humbleness as a leader so the followers would follow exactly."

Executive Administrative Assistant

"Actually, Pacific Dental Services was a great place to work!"

What do you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"Room for growth and advancment. You had the opportunity to move into other departments."

"Customer Complaints"

Benefits Administrator

"I've learned alot from working with Pacific Dental Service"

What do you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"I was able to ask to learn more different position, when I asked for help I was given it."

"Voice your opinion."

What don't you like about working at Pacific Dental Services?

"Never given a straight answer, Not being told right then and there if I had done something incorrect."

"I am the type of person that likes to be told if I have done something wrong and told how to correct the matter."