6 Pacific Dental Services Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Pacific Dental Services Reviews by Job Title →
2.1
(based on 5 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
Pacific Dental Services Anonymous Employee

"Good Company to work for. Excellent work/life balance."

in Fenton, MO

"Unethical, the area in St Louis is run by a snake. He has no clue how to run the region. Will tell you anything you want to hear. Blames everything on everyone else but himself. People are constantly criticized, and when he is confronted on issues, he cowers. Tried to call him on multiple occasions, he never answers. Tried to email him, never answers. Only when upper management gets involved he comes sliming his way back. People are used like cattle, they will push you around to all the offices to fill in for the fleeing staff due to the treatment. The dentists are told to sell, sell, sell. They have no care about the patients or the ethics of working in health care. They try to sway dental decisions, which is wildly illegal, but if you want to keep them happy you gotta turn anthills into mountains. They will only use the cheapest labs to save overhead. Quality is not their concern, it is quantity. They will pretend their is an ownership track. What a joke. They say how well the owners' doctors do, what they don't say is how many offices they need to own. If you have any dental economics, you can have one office and earn twice the amount of an owner doctor in half the time. They are trying to open so many offices, they can't keep up with staffing (as they are also fleeing). They forget about the offices they just opened and will tear apart teams to keep offices that just opened running. The management team is run by people who have no idea what they are doing and have come from Arby's. Their specialist teams are run by high school drop-outs on power trips. Doctors have no say. You are an employee. They need you for your license. You are being ripped off. They do not pay you for X rays or cleanings under your license. BUT if something goes wrong, they will throw you and your license under the bus. That same 300K+ license you earned and spent at least 8 years earning."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Pacific Dental Services Anonymous Employee

"I worked for PDS for one year and it was the worst experience. I did learn a lot so I would not take it back, but I would never recommend them to even my worst enemy. They expect you to work a million hours a week and sacrifice your ethics and morals to make them a buck. The top executives and regional partners do not give a damn about anyone in the company but themselves. They will step on anyone's feet to get to the top. The doctors do not care about their patients. Instead of viewing them as people, they view them as walking talking dollar signs. They try to mask the fact that they are a money hungry corporation by doing a lot of community events and outreach, but this is just an illusion. Do not work there, take my advice."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked only 8 months for PDS after being fired due to the lack of training I was given. No matter how many emails, or requests for proper training it was never given and I got blamed for being placed into a failing office and expected to get the production up to company standards with no proper training. My Regional Manager even screwed up our Nov productions and wrote me up two weeks later to cover her mistake. I let Human Resources know and nothing was done but me being fired a month later. Also if a family member works for your office and their family member is upper management you are NOT allowed to write them up. So they can screw up left and right, you will be blamed and eventually fired because of it. This company is a joke, period, all the negative review are not disgruntle employees at all they are people who thought they get good training but instead lied too and either quite or get fired because they question why things are done totally differently from when they are interviewing you. You are told at orientation to write a positive review to wash out the negative ones. Yes that is a big red flag because a truly good company would not ask you to do that. Do not believe all the GOD talk about this company they are the DEVIL and will over work you and do not care just as long as they see the bottom line MONEY."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Pacific Dental Services Attributes by Anonymous Employee

1.4
2.2
1.6
1.4
1.6
in Sacramento, CA

"I have discovered that this a poor company to work for. They are unethical in every aspect and sacrifice patient care for pure profits. Their practices (billing) towards insurance are suspiciously illegal."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5