(based on 144 Office Depot Review Ratings)
"I worked with Office Depot for 4 months as a job during high school, I got the job to start building my job experience and make some money on the side. I also did it because other than school I had a lot of time on my hands. It was a decent job that paid pretty well for retail, everything was pretty nice about it but unfortunately I got laid off due to budget cuts. However if I were to recommend a retail job for a person just starting it would be Office Depot."
Posted 5 years ago in Leesburg, VA
Pricing Analyst
in Peachtree City, GA

"Organizational structure is poor, too many layers for anything to be implemented effectively. Workers and management are on different pages."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Northridge, CA

"The company needs a lot of upgrades to keep up with the times and demand of the retail market. Overall, okay place to work temporarily but it is not a final destination."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Office Depot (286)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is AutoAlert (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Premium Retail Services (13)
in Novi, MI

"I have worked for Office Depot since 2004. The company has gone through many changes including a merger. The company has done a good job of continually reinventing itself to stay relevant. It also continues to keep its internal clients at the forefront of its transformation."

in Boca Raton, FL

"I've worked for Office Depot for 2 years. The Finance and Accounting Departments are the worst to work for in the company. Management in this area is a "Girls Club" and they are relentless with no personal feeling. Whether they are right or wrong, HR stands behind them. Most employees are unhappy in this department and turnover is high. Contacting HR is useless as they do not stand behind policies. They show it to you but they do not abide by them."

Average Office Depot Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Green Bay, WI

"Besides the low pay and lack of benefits for most employees, the new managers Jamie and Adam are hard to get along with, especially Jaime. Both are rude and arrogant. Adam is pointless. Don't bother him with a problem. He won't get around to taking care of it. And if he's using the last 'working' scanner, good luck getting him to let you use it to do your work. Half the time the scanners don't work! I do not see the values of teamwork and respect at this job that were discussed in Sunday morning meetings. It doesn't exist here! They don't care about anyone who gets injured on the job, makes a complaint to corporate or anyone who can't handle a great deal of stress/or workload. They don't care if you quit. You're just a number. You're loyalty to the company, the number of years you worked with them means nothing to these managers. They expect some to do the job of three people and get everything done by their stupid 'depot time' at 11am. The managers make it nearly impossible to accomplish that between doing out of stock and fill reports, running the cash register, helping customers and putting stock away. Stupid fools think that one person can do it all and be everything to them all at once. They know it gets busy in the morning yet they don't have a cashier. Why? Because they cut hours for some cashiers and want one person to do that job and several other things at once! They will expect you to be superman! They will run you ragged. The more work you do, the more they will expect of you for the same amount of pay. You’re not doing yourself a favor by trying to impress these managers by doing extra work. Many times they will expect you to pick up the slack for lazy employees. Jaime our new copy center manager is sassy, rude, and jealous of associates who socialize with each other. She can't help herself by butting into other's conversations that don't concern her! She's just a bossy, jealous insecure b----. Can't wait til she leaves to have her baby on the 21st."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Technical Associate
in Pompano Beach, FL

"I've worked for Office Depot for 7 years now as a Tech Depot Service Associate, responsible for the repair and maintenance of customer PCs, as well as the sale of a broad range of technology products."

in Winchester, KY

"Working short staffed is common, pay rate is poor, no room to advance, there is "0" morale for anyone to do a good job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Jacksonville Beach, FL

"The company is heading in the right direction by merging with one of its better competitors. Should put more attention at warehouse level and keeping stores stocked with product. When your store is only 8000 square feet and you have over 100 holes (empty product) there is money being lost."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Senior Network Architect
in Boca Raton, FL

"Great place to work! Nice facilities and great co-workers"

in Texas City, TX

"Office Depot Max is a good company if you are working on a degree. There is a lot of flexibility with the scheduling. The draw back is that as a tech we don't get the sufficient space and time to actually do what we prefer to do. It is more sales focused. so if you are looking to have flexibility while going to school this is not a bad place to work at. The pay is less desirable but it allows you more time for school as I said before. They can have set schedules for your school. This is an ideal place if you are just starting out in technology, but don't expect to jump in to the networking aspect unless you are selling cable, Wireless routers, and Switches. other than that its not a hard job. Remember, Its Retail."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Senior Account Manager

"I have been with Office Depot for 2 years. There is little room for advancement. Growth is limited due to outside hiring of talent. Managers seem to care about employees and value their time."

Technical Specialist

"I enjoy working for Office Depot. The management staff and other employees are amazing to work with. I just wish you were allowed to work more than 25 hours per week."

Customer Service Specialist
in Leesburg, VA

Senior Graphic Designer
in Boca Raton, FL

"It's a good place to be. I have a good time there."

Sales Consultant
in Kent, WA

"It is a good company to work for."