(based on 164 Harris Corp. Review Ratings)
"I worked in the company for several years. If you want to get ahead, you have to work hard. Don't expect things to be handed to you."
Posted 5 years ago in Rochester, NY
in Rochester, NY

"The work environment is nice where the people are friendly, at least within my team. The pay is decent as well with decent benefits. The only downside I would say is, it's hard to advance on the corporate ladder."

in Palm Bay, FL

"I worked for Harris Corporation (now L3Harris) for 18 months. I was impressed with the company's commitment to employee training."

Harris Corp. (239)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (6)
Controller
in Melbourne, FL

"Excellent Company to work for. The reason why I changed jobs was that I need to move back to Hallandale, FL, and Harris is located in Melbourne, Fl."

in Malabar, FL

"This was a great company. The only reason I left was because of its location. I wanted to be closer to family."

Average Harris Corp. Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Palm Bay, FL

"Overall the company is good to work for. I currently live in Orlando and plan to be here for a while. Driving roughly two and half hours for the past year and half has been a lot and am looking for new opportunities. I worked in the space and intelligence division, specifically on satellite payloads."

in Palm Bay, FL

"Good technology company that tries to stay focused on mission."

in Melbourne, FL

"Starting Jan 2016, Harris is eliminating traditional vacation time whereby employees had a defined number of hours assigned to them to use at the employee's discretion. The new vacation PTO policy is being marketed as unlimited but in reality it is at the employer's discretion, there are no assigned hours and it is uncertain how much time you can take in a year. Further, you now need to ask permission months in advance to take a week off. If you are on a high stress job with a lot of OT, you will probably be denied a vacation request. If management thinks they won't make their profit targets, and they decide to shrink the vacation bucket, everyone will get cut. HR plans to police the system to prevent favoritism by managers, you can decide how effective that will be. Top level Harris managers are not tech savvy innovators, they are cost cutters and employees are treated as cost. Technical training for ever changing design tools engineers need is pretty much nonexistent except perhaps for new grads."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Chantilly, VA
Business Analyst
in Alexandria, VA

"Harris Corporation is one of the well known consulting corporations, they work with any kind of applications out there. I have worked with medical, educational, insurance, financial, etc. applications. Everyone is a team player in the environment I have worked with so far. We deal with internal issues as they came alone without creating any scene at work."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Melbourne, FL

"I have worked for this company for more than 2 years. This company takes many government contracts, very performance driven, constantly doing employee performance evaluation which hardly seems fair because it is almost only decided by the task lead who only compares a person's performance with same level other engineers', not considerate of a person's background, if he is put in the right job or not. Higher level engineers (level 3+) are often shuffled around more/roll off the program quicker because they cost more and no task lead wants to spend more money if lower level engineers can do the work."

Senior Principal System Engineer
in Chelmsford, MA

"I have worked with Harris Corporation for almost 10 years, but have focused on Wireless Communications for mobile applications using DSRC, LTE and WiMAX broadband technologies. My role has been to design and integrate these technologies into Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Transit. I started my role in the development of wireless systems for vehicles but have evolved to the sales, design and currently the deployment of vehicle systems."

in Rochester, NY

Proposals Manager
in Lynchburg, VA
in Melbourne, FL

"I've worked there for 6 years."

in Melbourne, FL

"Bad leadership, the healthcare solution division is very bad with inexperienced bad leaders, and HR rep in healthcare is extremely bad."