Career Menu

170 Graphic Artist Reviews

Graphic Artists give their job an average rating of 3.7 out of 5.0. The Graphic Artists happiest with their jobs are employed by Attraction Industries with an average rating of 0.0 while the Graphic Artists least happy with their jobs work for Seattle Post-Intelligencer with an average rating of 1.4.

Submit a Review
Graphic Artist at Minted
in San Francisco, CA

"Is a "mechanical" position. There's not much to do after all."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Graphic Artist at DigiPro Media
in Pensacola, FL

"I enjoy creativity and executing my ideas into an artistic expression. Additionally, with the digital age, I still love to draw manually what I have in my mind. But to have that paper idea into a more sophisticated and amazing art piece for either marketing, web or print, is what makes my job fulfilling."

Graphic Artist at Briar Cliff University
in Sioux City, IA

"It's really about the type of graphics or projects you have to do. You'll get some in that are distasteful but you do it anyway because that is what the client wants, etc. It definitely makes you feel like you're in the real world by giving you assignments that you don't want to do, but you are forced to. I am grateful for the upbringing the Digital Media Department did for me."

Graphic Artist at Stouse
in Gardner, MA

"I love being able to learn more knowledge on the job, understanding both the designing part of my job and to incorporate the production side of technology to make the final products produced in the best quality there can be."

Graphic Artist at BIC Graphic
in Clearwater, FL

"I love working as a graphic artist, using my design skills to create work that completely satisfies the customer's expectations for their promotional product."

Graphic Artist at RockLive
in San Francisco, CA

"I enjoy my position as a graphic artist because it allows me to be creative in a multitude of graphic solutions. If an illustration is needed, a logo needs to be designed, a character has to be animated, or email blast needs to be created I enjoy the challenge of meeting each of these needs. The only thing I hate about being a graphic artist is the times where so much can change, after creating so much. Having to depart from something I've taken the time to craft is always hard."

Graphic Artist at All Sports Heroes
in Lowell, MA

"I'm currently working as a graphic artist, but it's more like a production artist. Setting up graphics can be a very mundane and boring task. When the need to be creative, and come up with original ideas arises the job can be very fulfilling."

Graphic Artist at The P.I.N.C.H Foundation
in West Roxbury, MA

"I love being a Graphic Artist/ Designer because I love to create! My passion is to be creative and make things from different media, to put my imagination on paper. The only thing I don't like about being an artist is that there aren't a lot of people willing to give you a chance in this economy and so I have been forced to do this as a freelance position. I would love nothing more than to break into the Animation/Art/design world permanently and start moving up."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Graphic Artist at On Screen Ink
in Pompano Beach, FL

"I love creating designs and graphics for people, whether it's from scratch or turning something terrible into something great. It is a competitive market but it is one I plan to stay with if at all possible."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Graphic Artist at Ignis Studios

"Being an artist means you have the challenge every day. Although the income might be a little bit difficult but the experiences of making things done is incredible."

Graphic Artist at Alfred Music Publishing
in Van Nuys, CA

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"It was the good, the bad, and the ugly."

What do you like about working at Alfred Music Publishing?

"SOME of the people working there were nice. I could wear t-shirts and flip flops to work."

"Stay away from people working there who try to make friends with you too easily- you'll find that these people usually have one hand with a knife behind their back ready to stab you. There's too much personal drama going on in this company. If you're a recent college grad and need experience, stay at this company to build your portfolio, then move on after a few years. Better yourself outside of this company because they do not offer any kind of professional development for employees. You'll find that working here, you'll have skills you'd like to use that aren't in your job duty, but be prepared to be turned down by management. Be prepared for layoffs when the company isn't doing well again- they had several layoffs the last several years, and there was a time period of 4 years in which people did not get raises. Salaries are well-below minimum. I have kept in touch with most people who were laid off, fired, or moved on, and they have all gotten something better after working at Alfred and are making more money after leaving that company. There's a saying that the smart cookies always wind up in a better position after Alfred. Don't be like some of the people who stay 5+ years, just get your experience and get out! Publishing is a dying industry and I believe this company has 10 years before it either is sold to a competitor or goes out of business. It is a family-owned business, and the two owners are really, really old, and their son (the CEO) is also getting older. There's going to be a point in which they will want to sell off this business and retire with their millions in the bank. Move on before that happens!"

What don't you like about working at Alfred Music Publishing?

"Absolutely NO GROWTH in certain positions at the company. If you have an additional skill set, don't expect the company to utilize it; instead, they would rather have a recent college grad with no experience perform that job function. The pay was well below the standard. The company employees were too close with socializing outside of work and allowing it to interfere with the dynamics while at work. Some of the people working there did not know how to separate their private and professional life. The company is also not very up-to-date with technology."

"Stop hiring recent college grads who are desperate for a job, and stop laying off people who have experience and are making more money just so you can save money by hiring these recent college grads at half the salary who don't know what they're doing. Invest in your company by hiring actual skilled people who are familiar with business, not just music. Management seems to be made up of people who majored in music, not business. You need some actual BUSINESS people, especially in management."

Graphic Artist at Tequila Cinco Blancos
in Champaign, IL

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"great way to run the design of a company, with complete trust"

What do you like about working at Tequila Cinco Blancos?

"creative freedom, complete trust, and support, open mind from my superiors"

"have fun with your job, its grows on your positive energy!"

What don't you like about working at Tequila Cinco Blancos?

"things worked slow on a bureaucratic level, and the fierce competition between superiors hindered advancement."

"for the upper management to sweep aside their personal problems with each other and work together as a team"

Graphic Artist at Billco International
in Florham Park, NJ

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"The company has lead me to making some of the best work I've ever done."

What do you like about working at Billco International?

"Worked with great people where we were able to bounce ideas and work together in many cases. The projects were challenging and led to growth in my skill and creativity. The work I've done was the greatest reward."

"Your co-workers are your best asset and its best to feed off how they work and do things. Be sure to do everything you can within your first few weeks."

What don't you like about working at Billco International?

"The boss oversaw the entire operation and does not have an eye for art. Many times we would have to abandon great ideas to give him what he thought was a money-maker. Also I believe I was being under-payed with little vacation time and benefits."

"Needed someone in the field to oversee the art department who could defend our opinions and our pay."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Graphic Artist at New Brunswick Public Schools
in New Brunswick, NJ

What do you like about working at New Brunswick Public Schools?

"Respecting diversity, treat others as you would like to be treated regardless of your position, title or orentation."

"Learn to be flexible and be open to receive help from others"

What don't you like about working at New Brunswick Public Schools?

"The co-worker and students I support is what make drives me to work."

"Appericiate and treat the people with respect and dignity who work for you"

Graphic Artist at SPIE
in Bellingham, WA

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"I liked the people I worked with, and the place I worked."

What do you like about working at SPIE?

"I liked the atmosphere and the people. Most of the time I was complimented on my work."

"It's a tough company to get hired into. Good luck."

What don't you like about working at SPIE?

"I didn't like that my position couldn't be continued due to a lack of work during the summer months."

"I don't really have any suggestions. They are a good company."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like