(based on 74 Goodyear Review Ratings)
Integration Consultant
in Akron, OH

"A very nice company to work for, however they have a tendency to view employees as resources that can be added or removed as needed and not as people. I very much enjoyed working on my team, but there are a number of people there who are just placeholders."

in Dearborn, MI

"after only three days of training, you are on your own."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Goodyear (126)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Continental AG (17)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Contempo Card (15)
in Akron, OH

"Goodyear is a great company to work for if you're looking for a 40 hour work week where you can come in, do your job, and leave. If you're motivated to go above and beyond, it's easy to get frustrated because you're not always surrounded by people with a similar work ethic. HR in the development center turns over a lot and some of the systems in place involve excessive paperwork - even if you're doing the work, you can miss out on opportunities because you don't go into a system to regularly document your achievements."

Area Manager
in Danville, VA

"I’ve worked with GoodYear since November 2019. it is a very fast paced industry full of incentives and availability to move up. Great management and leadership. You are given the tools to succeed within the company, and to ensure that everyone has what they need to work safely and productively. Enjoyed working for them."

Average Goodyear Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Quality Inspection Specialist
in Fayetteville, NC

"I found Goodyear to be a solid place to work. Procedure and routine are effectively implemented and once you get your training you're good to go."

in Akron, OH

"Goodyear is a good place to work and offers lots of opportunities to improve your skill sets and learn new things. Working in the manufacturing plants can be high stress, but the pay and benifits are set to compensate for this. Goodyear does appear to be a company on the downhill side of a company life cycle as they have been selling off parts of the company for years as they try to compete in a global marketplace."

Operations Manager
in Akron, OH

"I have been with Goodyear since 2017, in which I started at the company as an associate of the Manufacturing Leadership Development program. Goodyear has afforded me the opportunity to learn operations from various different aspects in which I can leverage throughout the rest of my professional career. Goodyear has sharpened my people skills, both my written and verbal communication, and I look forward to carry my experiences into my next assignment."

in Fayetteville, NC

"I've work at Goodyear since 2018. I gained multiple experiences on Siemens Allen Bradley, and factory talk. My experienced at Goodyear was amazing, I solve alot of complex and difficult problems. I would love to apply my experienced to this job."

Quality Acceptance Engineer
in Gadsden, AL

"Awful place to work!!! Unrealistic expectations! Will not fix anything. Ancient machinery! Management is poorly trained and do not know how to treat employees!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Akron, OH

"I have worked at Goodyear since the mid 80's. Goodyear has experienced difficulties with Sir James Goldsmith's attempt to take over the company in 87. They then took on a lot of debt when they bought Dunlop (Europe and North America). The performance appraisal has not worked out for me for the last several years. Other than that, I have enjoyed the work that I do. I have had many satisfied customers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Service Account Manager
in Sandusky, MI

"I have worked for Goodyear since 2009, It's a very powerful company to work for."

in Topeka, KS

"I worked at Goodyear for 39+ years. They used to care for their employees when I first started. But foreign competitive pressures have created such a tremendous pressure to cut costs that translates into everyone working long hours, long days, long weeks, and long months. With no appreciation, no reward, and no thanks. Corporate managers are taking all the available money from the company in salary and perks while the workers are getting the crumbs that are left over."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Akron, OH

"Wages simply too low for such a BIG corporation like GY."

in Akron, OH

"Very bad workplace. Maybe it was my supervisor. But upper management dictated the direction of the technology. Engineers are very frustrated most of the time."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Area Manager
in Lawton, OK

"I've been with Goodyear for over 9 years. The schedule we work at our facility is a rotating 12 HR shift that can be hard but affords ample time off. The work can be very difficult and demanding. The compensation is great for our area . The company provides many recreational and family activities."