On average, employees at Frito Lay give their company a 3.5 rating out of 5.0 - which is 11% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Frito Lay employees are Sales Representatives submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Route Sales Representatives with a rating of 3.6.

(based on 52 Frito Lay Review Ratings)

in Columbus, OH

"Horrible! Worst work-life balance. Supervisors don’t care about the front line. Hiring young people to bully the sales force. Upper management doesn’t care and expects you to work 7 days if necessary. Upper management lies to you and they manipulate your plan to keep you from making bonuses."

in Casa Grande, AZ

"Good company, lots of work to be done."

in Charlotte, NC

"I've been at Frito Lay for more than 12 years now, and have been very thankful for the stability and income that they have provided me. That being said, the opportunities to advance from Frontline Sales into middle management are very few and far between. Compensation has been lowered and moved from "commission" to "bonus", and the process by which Sales positions are paid in this bonus program is far too confusing for even the most experienced of representatives."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Route Sales Representative
in Kerrville, TX

"I have worked for Frito Lay since 2015. The hours are long but the pay is good. Frito Lay is the leader in the snack industry in the world so there is a ton of job security."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Louisville, KY

"I have worked for Frito-Lay for about 5 months, I picked the job up after being laid off from my Sales Manger job at the start of the pandemic. My experience with the company has not been great so far. I fell ill a little over a month ago, and they told me to fill out for short term disability, the claim was denied and I have been stuck in a loop ever since. Unfortunately, I haven't been getting paid, bills have been stacking and I have ended up in more debt with this job than what it is worth."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Frito Lay Employee

"Frito-lay is a very good place to work for and the benefits are great."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Madison, AL

"In spite of the current Covid pandemic (this is being written March 2020) we are expected to continue as usual, potentially exposing us and our families to this dangerous illness that has already claimed tens of thousands of lives worldwide. The company issued a $25 per day bonus as compensation for a max of 125 a week, no more than 4 weeks. We are "important, appreciated, and worth a lot to the company." We are also being asked to be flexible with our time (work extra shifts and off days) to ensure our customers (stores) are taken care of (have plenty of junk food)."

Frito Lay Employee

"I beleive that working for Frito Lay would be good if you are a highschool student just trying to make some extra cash. I don't think this is a good fit for someone with bills, a morgage, a family, due to the pay being very very low."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Frito Lay Employee

"I’ve worked for Frito Lay since 2014. Moved up through hard work. Tough work-life balance but the job is very rewarding."

in New Orleans, LA

"As a District Sales Leader at PepsiCo, Frito Lay Department I managed a team of eight sales professionals with 13-15 stores per route. I Successfully interacted with 195 customers and effectively sold and executed sales programs and initiatives. I researched potential customers, reviewed sales leads and establish communication with potential customers to build a relationship that led to sales for their company as well as ours. I demonstrated both strong leadership and communication skills as well as thrived in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment."

in Kaukauna, WI

"Great company to work for. Great working hours, sometime things get forced out that you have to the role with and communication can be chaotic."

in Plano, TX

"Frito lay is good company. During my time there they really cared about there employees, they are a billion dollar company , another thing they have stocks and they are the on the East coast and west coast."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Route Sales Representative
in Hope Mills, NC

"I have worked at Frito Lay for 17 years, and thought in my wildest dreams that I would say this about a job I loved so much. After all the years of service and money we have made for this company we receive little acknowledgement and pay for as had as we work! Our management here in Hope Mills NC treats the employees like idiots and disregards the needs for their routes! They micromanage so much they forget that the route person is the one who knows the customers the best, which doesn't matter! We need a new zone leader and half the supervisors that we do have! What really grinds my gears is that we sacrificed our pay and bonuses so that management could have a raise. Our management at Frito lay will cause our company to meet its demise! Greed and disrespect is the name of the game!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Frito Lay Employee

"Who your managers are makes all the difference in the world. Company was fine until they brought in younger east coast management. Micro management bullying and harassment was there tactics to meet sales goals. Treated older workers different than others a lot of preferential treatment going on. Constantly cutting wages, was told by manager if you don't like it find another job. Never should've gone non union, was a way different company when it was union."

in King, NC

"I've worked for Frito Lay since 2011, and although it feels good being employed and acquiring a fair amount of sales experience, it is no longer the company people on the outside perceive it to be. Like most companies it's about numbers and the bottom line and not much else. Morale is extremely low and I personally know an overwhelmingly amount of salesmen who would quit today if something decent came along."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5