On average, employees at Frito-Lay give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Frito-Lay employees are Machine Operators submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Merchandisers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 102 Frito-Lay Review Ratings)
"This was a fun and physical job - kept me in shape, and I love chips."
Posted 7 years ago in Phoenix, AZ
in Ridgeland, SC

"Frito-Lay is not for everyone, you must be self motivated and have a strong work ethic."

in Gulfport, MS

"One of the worst zones you can work for. The New Orleans zone, strives to harass you at every turn, threaten you, over work you. Find ways to pay you less and less each year. They could care less about your family and able to spend quality time with them. No wonder so many keep quitting. Need a Union so bad!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Frito-Lay (178)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Barrister (30)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is The Fresh Market (13)
in Milford, CT

"Great experience in sales and growing the business."

in Tampa, FL

"I have never worked for a company that cares less about you as a person. They push, push, push you to make these deadlines and being in a 100 plus degree warehouse is a challenge for us that they care less about. Good pay with no advancement opportunities. Management reacts everyday like they have no idea what they are doing. New employees get horribly trained that slows down production significantly because they have no idea what they are doing but who can blame them? Constantly making new changes that are a nuisance and really making us do double the work just so they can make more money. A billion dollar company that in return gives you less overall compensation."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average Frito-Lay Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
in Columbus, OH

"I've worked sales ops at Frito-Lay Columbus for a few years now. Warehouse workers are treated as second rate employees, and the faster/more efficient employees are forced to do more work. Management is a joke, they are inexperienced and expect people to work to exhaustion daily."

Route Sales Representative
in Hope Mills, NC

"I have worked at Frito Lay for 17 years, and thought in my wildest dreams that I would say this about a job I loved so much. After all the years of service and money we have made for this company we receive little acknowledgement and pay for as had as we work! Our management here in Hope Mills NC treats the employees like idiots and disregards the needs for their routes! They micromanage so much they forget that the route person is the one who knows the customers the best, which doesn't matter! We need a new zone leader and half the supervisors that we do have! What really grinds my gears is that we sacrificed our pay and bonuses so that management could have a raise. Our management at Frito lay will cause our company to meet its demise! Greed and disrespect is the name of the game!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Frito-Lay Employee

"Who your managers are makes all the difference in the world. Company was fine until they brought in younger east coast management. Micro management bullying and harassment was there tactics to meet sales goals. Treated older workers different than others a lot of preferential treatment going on. Constantly cutting wages, was told by manager if you don't like it find another job. Never should've gone non union, was a way different company when it was union."

in King, NC

"I've worked for Frito Lay since 2011, and although it feels good being employed and acquiring a fair amount of sales experience, it is no longer the company people on the outside perceive it to be. Like most companies it's about numbers and the bottom line and not much else. Morale is extremely low and I personally know an overwhelmingly amount of salesmen who would quit today if something decent came along."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Anchorage, AK

"Worked for Frito-Lay since 2012."

in Boston, MA

"I have worked for Frito Lay for 8 years across many different parts of the supply chain, ranging from manufacturing to distribution. The leadership is fantastic. I have been afforded significant opportunities & exposure throughout the global supply chain. I have nothing but good things to say. There is one caveat. When you work for Frito, you work hard. Hours are long, the weekends are not yours. There is no 9-5 job. You work hard, your rewards are plentiful. There is difficult unaccountably & only high performers make the cut!"

Fleet Technician
in Torrance, CA

"It's a great company to work for but the management team lacks people skills and experience. Favoritism, poor judgement."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Nashville, TN

"I've been with Frito for the last 7 years. It was a great place to work at first but over the past few years it has declined as a fun place to work. It is a total pressure cooker. Constant harassment & the hours do nothing but increase. Now they are talking about cutting wages & extending hours. Only thing that matters is the investors & if you wear your safety shoes or not. Hopefully going union will change that."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Bradenton, FL

"Long hours, can be a 7 day a week job, on call 24/7 between employees and customers. ZERO work life balance. Not a consistent accountability culture. Employees and customers are the only positives."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative

"Frito Lay is a great company to work for - many different places to go - great benefits."

Frito-Lay Employee

"I have been with Frito-Lay for 5 years, I would recommend them for anybody looking for a really good job, it's not for everyone though."