(based on 113 Frito-Lay Review Ratings)
"This was a fun and physical job - kept me in shape, and I love chips."
Posted 8 years ago in Phoenix, AZ
in Madison, AL

"In spite of the current Covid pandemic (this is being written March 2020) we are expected to continue as usual, potentially exposing us and our families to this dangerous illness that has already claimed tens of thousands of lives worldwide. The company issued a $25 per day bonus as compensation for a max of 125 a week, no more than 4 weeks. We are "important, appreciated, and worth a lot to the company." We are also being asked to be flexible with our time (work extra shifts and off days) to ensure our customers (stores) are taken care of (have plenty of junk food)."

Frito-Lay Employee

"I beleive that working for Frito Lay would be good if you are a highschool student just trying to make some extra cash. I don't think this is a good fit for someone with bills, a morgage, a family, due to the pay being very very low."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Frito-Lay (189)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Ingles Markets (8)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vons (18)
Frito-Lay Employee

"I’ve worked for Frito Lay since 2014. Moved up through hard work. Tough work-life balance but the job is very rewarding."

in New Orleans, LA

"As a District Sales Leader at PepsiCo, Frito Lay Department I managed a team of eight sales professionals with 13-15 stores per route. I Successfully interacted with 195 customers and effectively sold and executed sales programs and initiatives. I researched potential customers, reviewed sales leads and establish communication with potential customers to build a relationship that led to sales for their company as well as ours. I demonstrated both strong leadership and communication skills as well as thrived in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment."

Average Frito-Lay Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $2
Customer Service Specialist
in Lake Forest, CA

"I started working for this company back in 2018 part-time. I was promoted within six months. I believe this company will do great things. The job is very physical, you have be up very early to start your day 4am, and understand you have to have thick skin. You will be busy doing their peak seasons. Those seasons consist of the following: New Years, Superbowl, Fourth of July, and Back to School. You be able to order product, rotate the product so that you are not staling, and be able to work fast paced. There are two sides to this company. You will either work Large Format ( Walmart, Target, Ralph's, etc.) or Small Format (gas stations, mom/pop stores, and small businesses.) You have to understand that you will get overwhelmed with product being ordered by salesman after you have placed your orders. Everything will be on you when it is all said and done. So, be thorough when you are on this job, and cover your assets. Pros: Pay, Benefits Cons: Ordering over top, Long Hours, and you are responsible no matter what."

Sanitation Manager
in Vancouver, WA

"Frito-Lay has great benefits. This particular location has an extremely challenging relationship between the company and the labor union, adding an extra challenge. The culture is cut-throat."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
District Sales Leader
in Miami, FL

"I’ve worked for Pepsico for almost 2 years and I found it to be a rewarding experience in building relationships. The company is located anywhere in the US and globally across other countries. There are many opportunities to grow and move up within the company."

in Kaukauna, WI

"Great company to work for. Great working hours, sometime things get forced out that you have to the role with and communication can be chaotic."

in Braintree, MA

"It's a great company with competative pay. Highly recommend it."

in Plano, TX

"Frito lay is good company. During my time there they really cared about there employees, they are a billion dollar company , another thing they have stocks and they are the on the East coast and west coast."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Route Sales Representative
in Fresno, CA

"I left Frito very recently. As of late, the turnover has been growing. The pay structure is pay-for-performance. Basically, it’s 3 checks at base rate and overtime, and the 4th check would be your bonus hopefully. Sales goals are unrealistic and even if met, you will have accounts upset for excessive backstock. Also, this leads to out of dates, which you will get written up for if you exceed your allowance. Also, product that stores don't want is forced to your stores by district sales leaders--and that goes against your unsellables allowance. Many of the DSLs are straight out of college with no work experience, yet they are telling you how to do your job and also take all the credit for any success. Days are at least 12 hours a day with a variable rate of overtime, which is a joke. Too much work and stress just to sell chips. All the company cares about is the bottom line, no matter what. DO NOT APPLY HERE!!"

in Ridgeland, SC

"Frito-Lay is not for everyone, you must be self motivated and have a strong work ethic."

in Gulfport, MS

"One of the worst zones you can work for. The New Orleans zone, strives to harass you at every turn, threaten you, over work you. Find ways to pay you less and less each year. They could care less about your family and able to spend quality time with them. No wonder so many keep quitting. Need a Union so bad!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Milford, CT

"Great experience in sales and growing the business."

in Tampa, FL

"I have never worked for a company that cares less about you as a person. They push, push, push you to make these deadlines and being in a 100 plus degree warehouse is a challenge for us that they care less about. Good pay with no advancement opportunities. Management reacts everyday like they have no idea what they are doing. New employees get horribly trained that slows down production significantly because they have no idea what they are doing but who can blame them? Constantly making new changes that are a nuisance and really making us do double the work just so they can make more money. A billion dollar company that in return gives you less overall compensation."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5