On average, employees at Edelman give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Edelman employees are Account Executives submitting an average rating of 2.9.

(based on 13 Edelman Review Ratings)
Edelman Employee

"I've worked at Edelman since 2017. Being the largest private PR Firm in the industry, it employed people all around the world. The Atlanta office was a hard working group of about 90 employees. I often felt young employees were hired and did not understand the financial side of the business, which made my job more challenging, but rewarding."

in Sacramento, CA

"I've worked for Edelman for nearly three years. The experience gained at this firm is unparalleled. We're always challenging ourselves to think outside the box, keep the end goal in mind and do right by our clients. We're a collaborative group of hard workers, so it's easy to find someone smart to rely on."

Edelman (26)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Rocket Software (8)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Zimmerman Advertising (15)
Edelman Employee

"Was easy to use and straight-forward."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Fairfax, VA

"Ric Edelman is great and his vision steers the company in a great manner. The direction and speed of company growth is amazing. Money should be allocated to efficiency and better equipping members at HQ with the best tools to save both time and improve life for the planners assisting the clients. Other than that, the people and work of EFS are outstanding."

Average Edelman Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Legal Records Clerk
in San Francisco, CA

"I worked at Wilson, Elser for 5 years and I really grew in the role that I was given, to the point where the office manager had almost daily meetings where we could have an open discussion on ways to make the job better. Also we would meet to figure out different methods and strategies for helping the support staff in our medium sized office. I even was allowed to do some computer workstation re-imaging, server room/telephone repairs, in addition to setting up video conferences or webinars."

in San Francisco, CA

"The company has a work hard play hard mentality, but unfairly compensates employees."

in San Francisco, CA

"Edelman cares about their employees and values ongoing education. However, they do not offer competitive salary and company politics are evident."

Account Executive

What do you like about working at Edelman?

"The people are really smart and cool - they're the reason for coming in each day."

"Make sure you treat the interview as a mutual selection process. If you don't have a good manager who advocates for you, politics can get in the way of deserved promotions."

What don't you like about working at Edelman?

"Managers aren't trained appropriately to learn the balance between setting their employees up for success and giving them projects with little direction and then not teach the employee what they did wrong and how they can improve when the project isn't what the manager was originally looking for. There is also a lack of transparency - when asked straight-forward questions, managers tend to defer to rhetoric and talking around touch questions rather than being honest with staff."

"If I were running the show, I would ensure managers are properly trained to pay attention to their managees' career progression just as much as they pay attention to the clients' needs."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Human Resources Assistant

"Excellent company to work for."

Person You Work For 4.6 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 4.5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Vice President
Person You Work For 3.9 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Way You Work 4.9 / 5
VP

What do you like about working at Edelman?

"Great company with lots of hardworking people and great benefits."

"Company is big on work/life balance to a certain degree. Make sure you discuss this. Not every group adhere to the policy. Don't expect premium pay."

What don't you like about working at Edelman?

"Insecure and immature IT leadership. Control people through fear management.. Always self-centered with personal agenda. No interest in the company or the team well being. If you want to advance, be in the in-group and build relationship with your boss's boss at all cause. Check your conscience and integrity at the door before going in to work."

"Pay attention to your IT most senior leadership. Pay attention to employee turnover rate. There are the sign of troubles. The HR team need to wake up. Look at the expenditure and their justification. Someone is milking the company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
COO
Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 3.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.9 / 5
Account Executive
Person You Work For 4.6 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.9 / 5
Associate

"Excellent experience in litigation and writing."

Legal Assistant

"I stayed professional no matter what the challenge - I loved Wilson's attorneys."