On average, employees at Eaton give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Eaton employees are Senior Design Engineers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Assemblers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 194 Eaton Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Eaton for 6 years. My relationship with superiors, co-workers and different areas of production / departments, was valued and appreciated. A place where each person's ideas were welcomed and received positively. The opportunity to use my experiences to improve or provide a quality product / services was welcomed. The resources / technology was top notch."
Posted 5 years ago in Arden, NC
in Beltsville, MD

"Been working for the company for around 5 years. Always preaches about how important safety is, but ignores employees when safety issues are brought up until someone is hurt. Management seems very unethical and will say and do just about anything to get their way."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Factory Director
in Spartanburg, SC

"This company is terrible. They do not know how to answer the phones, their supervisors literally do not know how to listen to their voicemails, they will mess up most of your paychecks and will take too long to fix them (my bills do not wait), and do not follow safety protocol which results in LOTS of injuries."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Eaton (295)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
in Sarasota, FL

"I found EATON to be a very exciting place to work in, as it provides ample opportunities for growth with all the fields it covers, and all the various products it offers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Senior Design Engineer
in Greenwood, SC

"I have been working at Eaton. Pros: Stable company to work for with great benefits including paid gym. Eaton University is a good place to learn new abilities. I am very proud to be part of Eaton. Cons: Not good at paying for the risks you face at work. Does little to recognize your extra efforts. It is as political as any other company. Not much latest research on electrical side. Advice to management: Put more money behind projects on electrical side and make the leadership try out new ways of doing things (every way)."

Average Eaton Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Design Engineer
in Greenwood, SC

"Good people, excellent leadership, great benefits. The higher up, the harder work life balance is, but they are really comfortable with allowing employees to work from home. 5% 401k matching, which is very competitive"

in Washington, PA

"I have been working here for 15 years and it just keeps getting worse."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Senior Design Engineer
in Greenwood, SC

"• New Product Design & Development from concept to realization of automotive interior products (Experience on Instrument cluster, Engine control unit, Automotive breaks, After market Re Engineering of Filters and Electrical Busway, Bus Plug Products)"

Eaton Employee

"I worked for Eaton Energy Solutions for almost 4 years, after working for the company they purchased for 3 years. Eaton is a good solid company with management issues. Their policy of fast tracking their management trainees through 2 year cycles is very disconcerting for the core employees who are constantly wondering who is their upline report this year. The talent is great, the constant change can be non-stable. That along with infighting can cause people to loose focus. The group I was a part of was disbanded and people let go because this particular group did not respond well to the production style of accounting and recognition that the rest of the company does so well under."

in Pleasanton, CA

"Old tech company that does not value its engineers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sumter, SC

"Good company to work for. Strong teamwork!"

Inventory Coordinator
in Watertown, WI

"I worked as a temporary analyst for three months and everyone was very nice to me despite the fact I was a temporary."

Senior Program Manager

"Excellent company to work for!"

Buyer
in Horseheads, NY

"I worked for the Eaton Corporation in various roles from May 1993 to July 2014. During that time I progressed through most of the positions in the factory and then progressed to a Buyer position. They were a good company to work for and they seemed to care about their employees and provided us with the required materials and equipment to safely manufacture the required products to meet customer demands."

in Vista, CA

"The company is a small, but very fast-paced business that deals with customers on a global scale."