(based on 93 Discover Financial Review Ratings)
"I have worked at Discover for 5 years. It is a nationwide company with great ethics. Their main goal is to do the right thing and always take care of their customers. They have great benefits and a great work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a place to start working. This was a great first job."
Posted 7 years ago in Salt Lake City, UT
Senior Software Developer
in Prospect Heights, IL

"I have been working in discover from 2 years. It has good work culture, so much learning it helps to develop our career."

Senior Brand Designer
in Riverwoods, IL

"Great innovative company to work for!"

in Brick, NJ

"I’ve worked with Discover Chiropractic since Summer 2019 and it has been the most fruitful professional experience of my young career. The CEO, Dr. Kawa, has been the most encouraging and supportive employer to my personal and professional growth that I have ever had. He has given me his full support and pushed me to continue to learn as many new skills as possible."

QA Specialist

"I love being QA and testing is my passion, because I would like to see bug free applications and for me important to create and satisfy all customer's desires and customers' needs in order to meet all the needs. In addition, it's important to build a great team spirit environment"

in Deerfield, IL

"Good place to work. Enjoy it."

in Riverwoods, IL

"Medium sized company, hierarchical, dynamic, political and disorganized in spots. Working toward a younger organization. Not a lot of mobility unless you're higher up. Training was fair, but mostly on your own to progress or move around. Benefits were good and PTO outstanding."

Linux Engineer

"Worked as a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer on new releases in Dev, Benchmark, Cert, and production environments. it was very good"

QA Engineer
in Arlington Heights, IL

"I am glad to work for my company"

in West Valley City, UT

"Discover is a great company to work for. They specialize in a positive work environment focusing on employee retention. Discover focuses on a smooth banking process for clients while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The company has room for growth in advancement and management capabilities. Discover tends to limit employee advancement due to a "time earned" concept. The longer you have been with the company, regardless of work quality, the more likely you are to be promoted. This can be challenging for individuals that excel quickly in job performance and capabilities. The room to grow with Discover will always be there, it may just take a number of years for that to be recognized in advancement opportunities."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

"n/a ."

in Riverwoods, IL

"I work as a contractor at Discover Financial Services. The position is fine, but the work isn't an ideal fit for my career aspirations."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in New Albany, OH

"I’ve worked for Discover Financial Services for going on 3 years. During my time with Discover I’ve found it to be a gratifying company that places a considerable amount of focus on both it’s customers and employees. The company employees thousands of people all over the world, giving them the opportunity to gain great work experience and further their education. It also provides great value to its customers."

in West Valley City, UT

"I've worked for Discover for 4 years, in my time here I am overall happy with the workplace and environment. Employees are treated very well and the benefits are pretty great. I would recommend this company as a great place to work."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Discover Financial Employee

"Worked for 3.5 years, excellent company to work for."

in Deerfield, IL

"Dear Human Resources: I writing this letter in application for the open position. I have enclosed my resume outlining my co for the open position being offered I have: mpliance and audit experience that explains why I feel I would be an excellent addition. • I have held a position in field of compliance for over the last 8 years which I believe makes me a well-suited candidate Used effective forms of communication with senior management in the governance of business risk • Worked in a leadership role • Reviewed several mitigation actions • Handled compliance cases in possible violation of regulatory requirements • Stayed up-to-date with the current laws and regulations relating to compliance matters • An understanding of the importance of involving co-workers and upper-management when making important decisions I am driven, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and a team player with attention to detail. I believe all of these are excellent qualities that can be beneficial. I have attended meetings with senior management and implemented procedures that have proven to be effective. I’m looking forward to discussing them and my experience in more detail. Please contact me by phone at (312)877-2543, or email me at gibson.robert50@gmail.com to set a date and time for an interview. Best Regards, Robert Gibson"