(based on 33 Compass Group Review Ratings)
in Virginia Beach, VA

"Compass Group USA is a large company that offers numerous opportunities for those that would like the opportunity to further their career. It's a fast-paced company that is is always looking to improve and grow. Leadership is engaged and supportive of out-of-the-box ideas."

in Albuquerque, NM

"The Compass Group sure disappointed me. After work 70 hours a week for 6 months, and no help from management, I realized they didn't want me to succeed. My training was very poor, the pay was marginal and I was short staffed from the beginning. There was a big turnover on staff before I was hired, and the job pool was nonexistent. As soon as I quit, they fired the older woman that I had hired."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Redmond, WA

"I have worked with Compass Group in their Eurest Division for 8 years. Currently I have reached the top - unless I am willing to change divisions, there is not much more room for growth. I started out at a small location and have worked my way up. There is lots of room for growth depending on the direction you would like to head in. Currently, my direct report has been in position for 17 years and I see no movement any time soon."

Executive Chef

"Been with Compass Group/ Eurest Dining services for 3 plus years. Good sound stable company ready to attack new challenges."

Average Compass Group Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Maintenance Worker
in College Station, TX

"I've enjoyed my time working maintenance at A&M in my 3 years there. While at times the work done here can be very slow and boring that is made up for at certain times. The people I immediately work with are amazing while the people above my pay grade are not adequate when it comes to my opinion. Overall it was an enjoyable experience to work there."

Compass Group Employee

"I would not recommend Compass as an employer."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Director of Dining Services
in Charlotte, NC

"I've worked for Chartwells for 3 years as a Director of Dining Services. This is a great company with unlimited resources to help any associate perform their job to the best of t heir ability. Very supportive senior management as well."

in Redmond, WA

"I feel working for this company would be a lot better if they worked on their management teams to improve them and their relationship with the staff. I feel that if you are someone that needs all the information of your job and the tools to do a great job provided to you this is not the place for you.I feel that the higher up management is great just wish that it would spread down to the lower management."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Network Solutions Manager
in Charlotte, NC

"The company was very stable but recently lost some major accounts. These losses resulted in drastic budget cuts affecting everything from payroll to building improvements. It was a great company to work for in the early 2000s but has suffered lately due to budget restraints and less than stellar senior management politics."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Supervisor
in Cambridge City, IN

"Having worked for Compass for 4 years I couldn't take any more and decided to move on. Compass is honestly the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of working for. Talk about managers not caring, you may as well not exist. Payment problems, arrogant regional managers, low wage, huge workload are just some of the list of many bad points. It's a sad day when a company you work for physically depresses you. I would advise anyone considering working for this shambles of a company to reconsider."

Unit Manager
in Round Rock, TX

"I came into the position knowing I was settling for salary. I had expected it to be like all the other places I had worked and received fair evaluations and raises annually for the work I performed. I was wrong. I should have declined their first offer and looked for something else. The job itself was quite easy but they take advantage of those with greater skill and experience. If you are new to management and/or you are willing to conceal your abilities this is a great job to coast by on."

District Manager
in Upper Marlboro, MD

"I have worked for Compass Group for almost 11 years. I have been promoted once during this time period. We have seen great opportunities and company growth in the past. I see a much more competitive market today. I am looking for opportunities and future growth and willing to relocate."

in Edmond, OK

"Working there was ok. There's definitely need for more improvement but overall, I think there's a good chance that the company will be able to grow further."

Executive Chef
in Detroit, MI

"I move back home and took the wrong job without looking around. I"

What do you like about working at Compass Group?

"The great benefits the company offers and my staff I was responsible for. Fantastic."

"Please do your homework about your job requirements and your immediate supervisor."

What don't you like about working at Compass Group?

"I was alway having to do things the way my immediate supervisor wanted."

"They should really look at the operations first hand not only the P&L sheets."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
General Manager
in Hillsboro, OR

"I had a good 12 year run wiht Compass"

What do you like about working at Compass Group?

"I worked with some great managers and good people. pay was ok."

"make sure you tell them that you can work flexible hours."

What don't you like about working at Compass Group?

"I think their vision was a little over the top at times, some of the programs they tried were way to outside the box."

"compensate your employees better and let them know when they do a good job."