(based on 252 Caterpillar Review Ratings)
in Decatur, IL

"Great Company to work for"

Engineering Project Leader
in Peoria, IL

"Caterpillar Inc. is a Farm & Construction Machinery within the Industrial Goods sector with 102,300 full time employees. It is a well run company with top notch board and management. Caterpillar's dealer network is remarkably strong; owners of Caterpillar equipment appreciate the safety net provided by a robust services infrastructure and parts availability that ensure machine uptime. There is a customer first attitude, but it's reasonable. My experienced at Caterpillar has been tremendous. I love the work hours, employees and management. I get to be hands on with some of the nations biggest machines on wheels. My work was substantial and had an impact on the business. For example, I was leading an engine compression brake NPI (New Production Introduction) program from concept design to production and continued with Very Early Hours Reliability (VEHR) field maintenance. There are three brakes on every on-highway trucks and I can recognize every time it get activated to slow the vehicles down. My experienced has been really good and I am very grateful for the opportunity that Caterpillar has given me. They have given me the ability to learn and grow in the organization. It is very family oriented and most everyone gets along with each other. They really care about the people who work for them. I would definitely recommend this company to everyone."

Caterpillar (398)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Genie Industries (19)
2.3 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Adams Thermal Systems (8)
Buyer
in Lagrange, GA

"I worked for Caterpillar for 20 years. I worked in several facilities in different stayed and traveled to several of our foreign plants. Cateripillar was and is an amazing company that has very high standards and values. The purpose built division I worked for ( forestry) was recently sold to a private owner that had no pension options. I took early retirement after helping to transition critical needs"

in Brooklyn Park, MN

"I enjoyed my time working for the company"

Average Caterpillar Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Mossville, IL

"Great company with lots of opportunities to learn new and exciting technologies"

in Champaign, IL

"I worked as a summer intern in Caterpillar through my Masters program and also continued for part time job for one year as they offered me based on my performance. I would like to say it was great working with Caterpillar digital team as I got opportunity to learn and at the same time to prove my potential in web development field."

Scrum Manager
in Peoria, IL

"I have worked with a caterpillar as a contractor, it a great global organization."

in Decatur, IL

"Great place to work. Awesome upper management"

in Peoria, IL

"Project Manager – New Business & Growth May 2019 – To date Responsibilities: Responsible for business strategic project for Cabs. Floor space optimization and new business. Alignment to serve MBDs with service and legacy products. Development of solutions to address cab excellence model opportunities. Focus on lean and value stream transformations and business growth."

Powertrain Engineer
in Aurora, IL

"Caterpillar is a great company to work with."

in Montgomery, IL

"I have worked for Caterpillar for 14 years. They are a great company and allow several different types of employees to work together for several different reasons. A lot of their goals taught me a lot about making improvements at work and in my out of work lifestyle. Made me see how change and investigation was important overall."

Cognizant Engineer
in Peoria, IL

"Awesome and very helpful to every employee."

in Tucson, AZ

"I worked 3 times at this company and was fired off 3 times always with good references. In my opinion is that is very difficult to keep a job at CAT and very little chance to get promoted, Salary was good but not great."

Warehouse Associate
in Corinth, MS

"I’ve worked for CLF caterpillar 9 months through an agency. my coworkers and work atmosphere are amicable. The only down fall is through agency you are expected to take on the same work load and responsibilities as full time associates all while being paid 3 dollars less an hour."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Systems Engineer
in Mossville, IL

"I've worked in Caterpillar Inc for 2+ years. The environment and ethics are quite good. Teams and Supervisors are extra helpful and understanding. Great resources and their availability is also great."