On average, employees at Capital One give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Capital One employees are Senior Project Managers submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Collections Managers also with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 186 Capital One Review Ratings)
"I've been working for Capital One for two years, good company overall, care about employees except for workplace settings. My department was acquired from HSBC, where we worked in a very nice building with telecommuting options. Capital One moved us to Schaumburg to a building with much lower standards. They tend to make abrupt decisions and move employees around at will. Plus - many intelligent people, good pay, a lot of opportunity to learn new things, useful experience."
Posted 6 years ago in Rolling Meadows, IL
Collections Representative
in Lancaster, TX

"Capital One offers extensive on going training which I believe is beneficial for overall success in business. I have found a passion for what I do by implementing programs to help assist customers impacted by covid-19. The company's commitment to customer values, needs and concerns has set it apart from the banking world as a prominent lender in the consumer financing sector."

Liaison
in Plano, TX

"Capital One is a work life balance company. They provide the resources to help my job to be successful. Capital One inspired my goals to promote my position and enhance my learning for accepting new challenging with confidence. I will always be grateful for the experience I’ve had with them."

Capital One (277)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Cottonwood Financial (5)
Data Engineering Intern
in Richmond, VA

"Capital One is a fantastic place to work. They challenge you and give you the resources you need to grow and mature in your skillset, and they give ample opportunity for input and new ideas. As far as engineering goes they are on the cutting edge, and they show no signs of stopping!"

in Plano, TX

"I've worked for Capital One since 2019. It has a good environment to work with and also my manager was friendly and always pushed me towards the tasks which I thought I couldn't do. But, I eventually faced everything and became confident."

Average Capital One Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Salesforce Developer
in Richmond, VA

"Good working for Capital one"

in Richmond, VA

"I am working in Capital one for last 5 years and implemented almost 4 end to end projects using Salesforce."

in New Orleans, LA

"I've worked for Capital One twice in my finance career tenure. Both times I have loved my job, the people and the opportunities that I have been allotted. The compensation is exceptional, but the work-life balance makes the job even more worth it. I believe anyone that has worked for Capital One would say the same."

in McLean, VA

"I worked for Capital One for 2 1/2 years. Great company to work for - employee focused with work/life balance."

Creative Project Manager
in McLean, VA

"Capital One is an excellent company and it 's reputation speaks for itself. The company consists of many extremely smart and talented people. The work-life balance is second-to-none and the benefits were excellent. The day-to-day work was a bit boring and dry, but such is life in bank marketing."

in Plano, TX

"Capital one was a great company to work for. They gave me a good experience and a better understanding of the corporate world. My only concern is that my manager was very supportive as well as not giving me the tools to move on to bigger opportunities."

in Plano, TX

"I have worked for Capital One since September 2018 and loved the culture as well as the various modern technologies I encountered. The atmosphere was elevating, and it was inspiring to go to work everyday."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Principal Scientist
in Toronto, ON

"Great company to work for."

in Plano, TX

"Capital One is a very good company to work for. They care a lot for the associates"

in Mc Lean, VA

"CapitalOne is still controlled by the old-guard, and thus the digital transformation over the list several years of being more agile and more customer driven has not progressed as far as the recruiting website and recruiters would have you believe. This is less impactful to the levels of Manager and below, but becomes increasingly frustrating as you get to senior manager or director. At these levels, the ability to innovate in your role is increasing controlled by your senior director or VP, to the point where you often end up taking orders instead of supplying ideas."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Herndon, VA

"Very good company to work for"