On average, employees at Capital One give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Capital One employees are Collections Managers submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Senior Project Managers also with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 90 Capital One Review Ratings)
"I've been working for Capital One for two years, good company overall, care about employees except for workplace settings. My department was acquired from HSBC, where we worked in a very nice building with telecommuting options. Capital One moved us to Schaumburg to a building with much lower standards. They tend to make abrupt decisions and move employees around at will. Plus - many intelligent people, good pay, a lot of opportunity to learn new things, useful experience."
Posted 2 years ago in Rolling Meadows, IL
Capital One Employee

"For a large company, I would have thought they would treat their applicants with respect. I applied and interviewed and they never got back to me to give me an answer. I waited 10 weeks before reaching out and they told me they dropped the ball. Do they really care about their employees if this is how the application process goes? I am insulted and they will never get my business and will pass this along to everyone I know."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Plano, TX

"Very poor upper management starting with the top. Distributed Chanel is a revolving door for LO"s looking for a guarantee. Direct Chanel has little to no experience in mortgage. Team leaders easily manipulate.Top producers are shunned if they speak up. A lot of attrition in direct also. DE site had 2 LO"s leave within 2 and 3 weeks of starting. Unrealistic expectations set by DE supervisor. Make it or break it year for mortgage. Upper management set on self preservation. Employees are an after thought. Entire DE site shut down due to cost cutting, however, overall best producing team which isn’t saying much. I challenge Upper Management to truly ask itself if building this platform with existing leadership is worth the bad press. Look up Capital One home loans reviews. These are your current banks and credit customers your souring.Outsource mortgage if you want to be in it. Ask why top producers are leaving. Why is Google sending our emails to SPAM now?"

Capital One (161)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
Senior Business Analyst
in Richmond, VA

"Capital One is an absolutely amazing company to work for. I have never heard of a company that invests so heavily in its employees and provides such a great environment to learn and grow. The culture at Capital One makes everyone feel comfortable in bringing their full self to work. I have worked with others at my level all the way to members of the board and I am thoroughly impressed by everyone's work ethic and sense of team. Everyone is working towards the same goal, bettering the company."

in Richmond, VA

"Politics trumps everything else. Ridiculously poor people managers in mid management. Nepotism runs wild. The leadership frantically follows the trends and fads of the time, and just and quickly disguards them a year or two later to follow the next new hotness. Expect to work 60 hours weeks frequently, and expect to take your laptop with you during vacations, funerals, births of your children."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Capital One Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Hammond, LA

"I've worked for Capital One for 5 years +. They are great to work for; however, the tellers are under paid and over worked."

Director
in Wilmington, DE

"Brilliant leadership; continues to see and pursue the future of the industry. People and processes are though are rigid, and humiliating. Three reasons - the industry is old/stable, the company is incestuous and they implemented forced ranking. To succeed, work in Richmond and focus on your manager and management piers. Drink the Kool Aid or stay away."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Java Developer
in Richmond, VA

"Its a nice place to work."

in Plano, TX

"Lot of politics and favoritism."

in Damascus, MD
Mortgage Collections Specialist
in Plano, TX

"I am a recent new hire with Capital One. I initially started working with the organization in November of 2012. It was then that I learned what a great organization it is. Capital One invests in its employees. They are concerned about the well being of their employees. They keep us engaged. Capital One is an organization with good ethics. They pride themselves on "doing the right thing." I am blessed to be a part of such a great organization."

in Melville, NY
in Salinas, CA

"Great company to work for. Takes good care of their employees."

in San Angelo, TX

"Although the business decision to internalize their positions is disappointing, the company has provided me with excellent education, knowledge, and experiences while working for them."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Project Manager
in Glen Allen, VA

"I have worked for Capital One for almost five years and have had a wonderful experience in career progression, work/life balance and mentoring from management. My time here has improved my confidence level in my job skills and given me opportunities to improve and gain education in my field."

in Plano, TX

"I found Capital One a very attractive place to work. My only difficulty was with my direct level manager. Overall Capital One is an excellent place to work and offers great opportunities to try different job roles and work on multiple projects."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5