(based on 102 Capital One Review Ratings)
"I've been working for Capital One for two years, good company overall, care about employees except for workplace settings. My department was acquired from HSBC, where we worked in a very nice building with telecommuting options. Capital One moved us to Schaumburg to a building with much lower standards. They tend to make abrupt decisions and move employees around at will. Plus - many intelligent people, good pay, a lot of opportunity to learn new things, useful experience."
Posted 5 years ago in Rolling Meadows, IL
in Richmond, VA

"I am working for capital one . The company has very cleanly and good environment to work and it is a very strong company and it is located in many locations with thousand of employees ."

in McLean, VA

"Amazing talent, forward thinking, and surprisingly not too bureaucratic given it’s size"

Capital One (193)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
Security Operations Analyst
in Plano, TX

"Capital One is a great environment for those who are looking for something other than the standard financial institution, where the latest and greatest in technology is not only sought after but widely accepted in order to advance its goals to change banking for good."

in Plano, TX

"It is a good tech company using a wide tech stack."

Average Capital One Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Senior Closer
in Fairfield, NJ

"I've worked at Capital One Bank for almost 15 years in various positions throughout the company. I've had an amazing experience with the company and have nothing but great things to say. Capital One Bank provides a great work/home balance and treats its employees exceptionally!"

in Richmond, VA

"I've worked for Capital One for 1 year now. Although Capital One has many great use cases for technology, engineers within the TDP program are very limited."

in Richmond, VA

"I've worked for Capital One as a contractor for the last 4 months. They are leaders in the fin-tech business. The company culture is very professional and uplifting even if it is quite meeting-heavy. They do not hire Associate Software Engineers without bachelor's degrees."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Vienna, VA

"Overall average experience."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Consultant
in Richmond, VA

"I've worked at CapitalOne since Feb. 2018 through my employer Bitwise Inc. As a consultant, I have a lot of opportunities to work with different teams and collaborate with them in finding the solutions."

Brand Coordinator

"I have worked for Capital One Bank for the last two years as a Brand Coordinator. I enjoy the work-life balance, the benefits (healthcare, paid time off, vision, dental), as well as the vast array of lines of business. There is little to no career mobility within the Houston, Texas market, which is causing me to look elsewhere."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Capital One Employee

"For a large company, I would have thought they would treat their applicants with respect. I applied and interviewed and they never got back to me to give me an answer. I waited 10 weeks before reaching out and they told me they dropped the ball. Do they really care about their employees if this is how the application process goes? I am insulted and they will never get my business and will pass this along to everyone I know."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Plano, TX

"Very poor upper management starting with the top. Distributed Chanel is a revolving door for LO"s looking for a guarantee. Direct Chanel has little to no experience in mortgage. Team leaders easily manipulate.Top producers are shunned if they speak up. A lot of attrition in direct also. DE site had 2 LO"s leave within 2 and 3 weeks of starting. Unrealistic expectations set by DE supervisor. Make it or break it year for mortgage. Upper management set on self preservation. Employees are an after thought. Entire DE site shut down due to cost cutting, however, overall best producing team which isn’t saying much. I challenge Upper Management to truly ask itself if building this platform with existing leadership is worth the bad press. Look up Capital One home loans reviews. These are your current banks and credit customers your souring.Outsource mortgage if you want to be in it. Ask why top producers are leaving. Why is Google sending our emails to SPAM now?"

Senior Business Analyst
in Richmond, VA

"Capital One is an absolutely amazing company to work for. I have never heard of a company that invests so heavily in its employees and provides such a great environment to learn and grow. The culture at Capital One makes everyone feel comfortable in bringing their full self to work. I have worked with others at my level all the way to members of the board and I am thoroughly impressed by everyone's work ethic and sense of team. Everyone is working towards the same goal, bettering the company."

in Richmond, VA

"Politics trumps everything else. Ridiculously poor people managers in mid management. Nepotism runs wild. The leadership frantically follows the trends and fads of the time, and just and quickly disguards them a year or two later to follow the next new hotness. Expect to work 60 hours weeks frequently, and expect to take your laptop with you during vacations, funerals, births of your children."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Hammond, LA

"I've worked for Capital One for 5 years +. They are great to work for; however, the tellers are under paid and over worked."