(based on 100 BNY Mellon Review Ratings)
in Pittsburgh, PA

"BNY Mellon is an excellent company to work for. I have had many opportunities to learn new functions throughout my time there. They do value their employees, and have good medical, dental,vision and other benefits."

in Manhattan, NY

"I've worked for BNY as a UI/UX Intern and the experience was good. The overall issue that I have was just the work atmosphere and how their was not much interactions with one another."

BNY Mellon (154)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
BNY Mellon Employee

"I wish I could give ZERO stars because this company treats its employees with such disdain! The pay is horrible and everyone is overworked. I am so ashamed of myself for allowing this treatment for over 30 years!. As a Sr. Treasury Accountant my pay is under $60k! At least $25 under market. I will say that there are some great people and my manager is good, but it's still not enough to give this place even 1 star."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Oriskany, NY

"I have worked at this company for about 14 years. There is no room for advancement. The pay is really low for the work that is done. I was recently laid off and not given the opportunity to go into another department. They lay off every couple of years. They will find any way they can to get rid of you and it doesn't matter how long you worked there. The majority of the workers are not happy there."

Average BNY Mellon Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Westborough, MA

"I worked for this company for 3 years starting in the Call Center. This is not an easy job. You are constantly plugged into the phones and cannot leave your phone without permission. Your breaks and lunch periods are scheduled for you and your phone is constantly monitored by a system and the system accounts for each minute you are on a call, not on a call, late getting back from break or lunch. And you will hear about it..."

in Boston, MA

"Good work place. Good co-workers."

OBIEE Developer
in Pittsburgh, PA

"It's very good I did not had no problem to filling this application."

BNY Mellon Employee

"I've worked for BNYMellon since 2006. It was a great company to work at and I met a lot of great people. It is a global company with offices in many countries around the world and has over 40,000 employees."

in Wilmington, DE

"Only speaking for my location, if you want to work in a place rife with nepotism, then this is the place for you. It seems like everyone's brother, sister, cousin, in-law, or long time friend magically gets a job here whether they are qualified or not. Management cares more about being in compliance with our internal procedures, which is understandable to an extent, but have little concern for the many deadbeats just collecting a check or actual client service. There isn't much opportunity for career growth here, though I do think it's a great place to start and gain valuable experience. The promotions that are given out seem to go to the most experienced instead of the best person and the same could be said when there are opportunities to learn new skills or clients. The company doesn't do enough to retain it's talented. Overall, I think it's a solid company, but the culture stinks and management seems disengaged from the workforce."

in Nashville, TN

"Strong base in asset servicing and invest in talent."

BNY Mellon Employee

"BNYMellon is a global organization and I'm working in Enterprise Risk management team to deliver regulatory requirements to Fed. BNYMellon is a very big organization and great place to work."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Pittsburgh, PA

"BNY Mellon is the worst job I have ever worked at. The pay is terrible. I worked all day every day at the second largest financial institution in the world and I still could not afford my bills. The mgmt. is terrible and very micro-managed. Everyone is miserable because they all hate their jobs."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Staten Island, NY

"Great. Simply great."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"I have interned here for 2 years and love it."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"I worked as a developer here and must say that they need to upgrade their tools.Additionally, there is no uniformity and structure in the software platforms, so a lot of time is wasted in patching up interfaces. My recommendation is that they should first design an infrastructure and then implement it rather than doing it haphazardly, and we will see it when it comes!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5